Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Efra rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
Questions you must ask the EFRA. I know Franky Noens his job has something to do with chemicals so through that way there is the right way to find the right contacts and equipment.
The Mini Rae was found and purchased by the German DMC before the German nationals in September first.

Worked great at the nats.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Too bad the new rules are postponed:

With some new parts which will arrive shortly I think I'm able to hit the 14xx mark.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Im starting to see who or which Brand has been pushing this rule.

I have only see the Goats reaching this weight limit every other car i can't see past 1650.

i can't make 1750 with the 733 so all this shit with lowering the weight limit i still can't see why it was needed.

Can someone please tell me the reasons behind the rule change???????????
Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aza088

I have only see the Goats reaching this weight limit every other car i can't see past 1650.

i can't make 1750 with the 733 so all this shit with lowering the weight limit i still can't see why it was needed.

mmmh .. i'm not sure that any of the producer was pushing this rule.
DS is only a driver that likes to have the car at the very top.
Also my NT1 is now at 1630... and I still have NiMh batteries, steel screws and turnbuckles, no alu driveshafts, no titanium arm pins and no alu/titanium balls.

Yeah I think that the 1700 weight limit is nowadays the more affordable limit because the car comes out of the box to be on it.
Maybe if EFRA will decide to make the 1550gr a reality, the producers will include some light stuff in their cars as standard.

I think that the worst thing was the confusion that EFRA made (and makes) by being so unprecise when declaring the rules. It seemed like they wanted to bypass the rule that say the tecnical variation must enter for one year later.

PS: ...many people thinks EFRA will decide to raise the limit for 2013 to 1600/1650......
Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Without reducing the weight, the gas touring cannot beat the lipo touring at least in the small technical tracks. After 10 years of development, it is time to have an evolution.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yoshimon
Without reducing the weight, the gas touring cannot beat the lipo touring at least in the small technical tracks. After 10 years of development, it is time to have an evolution.
No Problems time for evolution but why just because electric is now faster on technical tracks come on.

I just want to know what is the real reasons why EFRA think the weight change is needed???

Not fighting the rule change just want to know really why this has been decided
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

No Problems time for evolution but why just because electric is now faster on technical tracks come on.

I just want to know what is the real reasons why EFRA think the weight change is needed???

Not fighting the rule change just want to know really why this has been decided
Good question indeed. But I believe this is only the first step in many more to come.
But You still have to wait until Ifmar weighs in and also the other blocks have to buy into this also.
But one has to wonder why does EFRA want such a light car

Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 01-29-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Good question indeed. But I believe this is only the first step in many more to come.
But You still have to wait until Ifmar weighs in and also the other blocks have to buy into this also.
But one has to wonder why does EFRA want such a light car

Pass you soon...
Agreed im not fighting the rule id just like to know why they want to lighten these cars???
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I find it odd that so many have said it's hard enough just to get the 733 to the current weight limits, it seems rather strange Serpent would build a car so overweight to begin with?.

My MTX5 out of the box is under 1650g, with twin Savox LPs and a LiFe, and a regular body, so the Mugen is not going to struggle to make 1550-1600.

I did have thoughts about the 1550 limit recently, it's obvious someone wants to push the boundaries of 200mm IC, I'm guessing someone feels like the next level of development is stagnating, while it's possible that could be a little true, more realistic limits should have been voted in.

To be fair, both sides of coin stir an emotion from me, on the one side you take a beautiful bit of chassis and design, and someone says you now need to bolt 100g of ugly to it. On the other side, you still want to have a chance with something older, yet your already 100g overweight...
Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the benefit with a lower weight limit is the cars move into a new era of racing.

considering that most cars run lipos or life batteries (minimum 30 grams lighter), lighter steering and throttle servos (maybe 60 grams lighter as a pair) and lighter front and rear diffs (20 to 30 grams for a pair) you have a minimum of 110 to 120 grams lighter for a car as the older designs of before.

a car these days can reach 1625 grams easily. that's not including micro reciever, titanium screws, or titanium pivot balls. maybe another 40 grams less right there.

if you add titanium turn buckles then you have less weight again and you are reaching 1550 grams.

If the serpent 733 has issues going under 1725, then there is serious problems with the design. AZA have you got low profile servos, micro reciever and lipo? what about titanium pivot balls, and screws?

Aza how much does each 733 diff weigh? reason i ask is the cap diffs weigh 26 grams whilst the mtx5 diff weigh 28 (both with oil). you could have 10 grams per diff more with the serpent and not know it. Is the two speed shaft and front shaft aloy or hollowed? (the mugen's front shaft is alloy and the rear is hollowed, easy 15 to 20 grams lighter than standard)
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
the benefit with a lower weight limit is the cars move into a new era of racing.

considering that most cars run lipos or life batteries (minimum 30 grams lighter), lighter steering and throttle servos (maybe 60 grams lighter as a pair) and lighter front and rear diffs (20 to 30 grams for a pair) you have a minimum of 110 to 120 grams lighter for a car as the older designs of before.

a car these days can reach 1625 grams easily. that's not including micro reciever, titanium screws, or titanium pivot balls. maybe another 40 grams less right there.

if you add titanium turn buckles then you have less weight again and you are reaching 1550 grams.

If the serpent 733 has issues going under 1725, then there is serious problems with the design. AZA have you got low profile servos, micro reciever and lipo? what about titanium pivot balls, and screws?

Aza how much does each 733 diff weigh? reason i ask is the cap diffs weigh 26 grams whilst the mtx5 diff weigh 28 (both with oil). you could have 10 grams per diff more with the serpent and not know it. Is the two speed shaft and front shaft aloy or hollowed? (the mugen's front shaft is alloy and the rear is hollowed, easy 15 to 20 grams lighter than standard)
The 733 comes with aluminum pivot balls.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Lord

How reliable car do you want to have?
I have had titanium screws and and did not like how fast the hex fitting did turn arround. Also aluminium shafts and other aluminium parts are weak. Also the plastic gears in the diffs are a factor if you can make a finish or not. And with all of that I have seen many failures arround LiPo and LiFe batteries.

It is not only getting the weight, I do believe it can be made with many cars but for most drivers it is the question if the cost and efford but also the higher running costs is worth it.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No mention about the other things that have been reduced in weight:

- light weight wheels
- light weight bodies
- light weight engines ( ie. see latest Picco 12 )

Three things alone have saved us 150g combined without really effecting the reliability of the cars.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB

once you bolt on the DLS, the issue starts with weight. but seriously, the DLS is worth its extra weight , but there are ways to lighten the DLS. titanium rods. use the light weight ball links,and run LP servos. if you really want light, then there is a carbon chassis for it as well. but, this is all added cost, which is the point trying to be made. it makes racing more expensive week in week out , and we will loose racers due to higher running costs, then add in Tyre additive for Europe, and then things just get out of control. at a time when people are struggling to race, Blocks want to up the costs. and where is it coming from ? the same area that is makign the world hold their breath every day, will it happen today, or do we put of the recession another week ?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T
No mention about the other things that have been reduced in weight:

- light weight wheels
- light weight bodies
- light weight engines ( ie. see latest Picco 12 )

Three things alone have saved us 150g combined without really effecting the reliability of the cars.
id not agree with the 1st mention, and not effecting reliability. some times you just need to ride a curb on the right angle at high speed, and your car has a huge vibration in it, or worse, cracks a rim. never mind a tangle with another car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.