R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #331
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: (Holiday, Fl.) (CST.Allentown, Pa.)
Posts: 1,231
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Capricorn is also the 2013 USA Nationals Champ as well. I heard they also just won in Italy.
Great Job DJ !!!
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #332
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,372
Default

Thanks Randy.......

Here is the REDRC post for the Italy race.

http://www.redrc.net/2013/09/collari...hy/#more-71950


DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #333
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I do not think it is a better thing. It does have the big bore shocks, so the chance of traction roll is less. I think it is more about having a limited edition car and it comes with the big bore shocks instead of having to buy them separately.

In terms of performance it should be the same as a normal C02 with big bore shocks.

DJ Apolaro
Have you test the latest lower chassis with two opened holes in engine mount area and some more opennings bellow diffs?
I have notice that from the c01 to the c02 black they keep add flex.this is because the additives trend or the flex is always better?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #334
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Congratulations to Daan for winning the final round of the Dutch 1/10th nitro on-road championship at the AMCA Apledoorn track.



Kindest regards,
Lars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Great Job Daan!!!!!!!!

Capricorn is doing good......
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
Has anyone try the black car?how much better is it?
Thanks guys!


The car was really good the moment I put it on the track.

I ran a almost completely stock black edition, only ran my own shocktower and radiotray design, all other parts were standard.
I really start to like the new big bore shocks and the new chassis gives the car more grip without sacrificing corner speed.
The new carbon diffs are also very nice, better compared to the kevlar housings.
Plus the car just looks awesome in black.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #335
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Congrats Daan
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #336
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Congratulations to Australian Champion Peter Jovanovic for winning the Australian Title 1/10 scale again. We weren't there and the picture below is an old one of Peter from my archives. Harry was there and perhaps he has a picture of the podium for us.



Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #337
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: miami
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Shock

What's the different between running shocks with 3 hole shocks with 500cst VS 6 hole 1000cst
jjrctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #338
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrctech View Post
What's the different between running shocks with 3 hole shocks with 500cst VS 6 hole 1000cst
I don't know how the viscosity of the fluids compare, but more piston holes generate less pack and turbulence.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #339
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

I was wondering if there is anyone that has purchased the black edition and how it worked box stock, along when with what other upgrades it might need. I am in between that car and the nt1 but the kit is a good chunk more. Thank you ahead of time for any feedback.
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #340
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
I was wondering if there is anyone that has purchased the black edition and how it worked box stock, along when with what other upgrades it might need. I am in between that car and the nt1 but the kit is a good chunk more. Thank you ahead of time for any feedback.
It's an awesome kit which comes with everything you need. No optionals or upgrades needed.
Only items which are worth buying is the ones you use to tune the car to the tracks you will be racing on (springs, gearing anti rollbars etc).

I ran mine box stock with only slight setup changes to suit the track and the car was simply perfect. Won our last round of nationals in a quite dominant way, racing against some really fast guys.

If you want to upgrade the NT1 to the same specs as a C02 Black it will end up costing quite a bit more.
So the initial price is a bit cheaper but you do get a kit which simply works and already has all the best bits in the box.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #341
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This the setup I'm currently using on my C02 Black:

http://www.capricornrc.nl/ExportBest...doorn&Type=pdf

I think it's a very nice base setup, it has been working well for me on different tracks. To run this setup you only need a 2,3mm rear arb and 500.000 diff oil to be able to run it with a stock BE.



Hereby I would also let you guys know that I'm no longer the owner of capricornrc.nl.
In june I've changed jobs and since then I simply didn't had the time to run the shop.

The shop will keep existing since my friend from abc-rc-shop.nl/ has taken over the shop from me.

Also I will keep driving Capricorn and keep providing support. I hope to have some more time now to do more racing and testing, didn't race a lot this season.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #342
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Is there anyone who has switched over to Capricorn from xray?
That being said, I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing it. Capricorn was and still is my first choice but never owned one. I never owned it because I just started racing in the summer of 2012 about half through the season and went with XRAY.
Since most guys at my local tracks ran the NT1 And my lack of experience towards everything in the hobby and racing. Durability also was a big reason too.
Since I can now work on my car, stay off the boards most of the day and get my car pretty dialed without asking too many questions I'm gonna make the switch for the 2014 season.
Can someone who has made the switch tell me the difference between the 2 and if it's a switch worth making?
Thanks is advance
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #343
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Is there anyone who has switched over to Capricorn from xray?
That being said, I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing it. Capricorn was and still is my first choice but never owned one. I never owned it because I just started racing in the summer of 2012 about half through the season and went with XRAY.
Since most guys at my local tracks ran the NT1 And my lack of experience towards everything in the hobby and racing. Durability also was a big reason too.
Since I can now work on my car, stay off the boards most of the day and get my car pretty dialed without asking too many questions I'm gonna make the switch for the 2014 season.
Can someone who has made the switch tell me the difference between the 2 and if it's a switch worth making?
Thanks is advance
At the end of 2010 I made the switch from Xray to Capricorn.
The first time I put the car on the track I was sure I made the right decision. Even though I was already running a lot of Capricorn parts on my Xray it was quite a big difference. The Capricorn simply does everything faster: acceleration, braking, steering.
Most of this comes from the lightweight drivetrain and low and centered CoG.
The only minus is the wear on the gearbox parts if you ask me. Because the car uses a very small gearbox it also wears a bit quicker. But this is also reason why it will out accelerate any other car.
On the other hand the outdrives and driveshafts last a lot longer compared to the Xray ones.
In terms of durability during crashes it can match the Xray, when I had my shop I rarely sold plastics since they don't break.

To quote two friends who drive an NT1 and KM, after they had driven my C02: "Driving this car is cheating, just like using additive"
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #344
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
At the end of 2010 I made the switch from Xray to Capricorn.
The first time I put the car on the track I was sure I made the right decision. Even though I was already running a lot of Capricorn parts on my Xray it was quite a big difference. The Capricorn simply does everything faster: acceleration, braking, steering.
Most of this comes from the lightweight drivetrain and low and centered CoG.
The only minus is the wear on the gearbox parts if you ask me. Because the car uses a very small gearbox it also wears a bit quicker. But this is also reason why it will out accelerate any other car.
On the other hand the outdrives and driveshafts last a lot longer compared to the Xray ones.
In terms of durability during crashes it can match the Xray, when I had my shop I rarely sold plastics since they don't break.

To quote two friends who drive an NT1 and KM, after they had driven my C02: "Driving this car is cheating, just like using additive"
Thanks, capricorn it is for next season
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #345
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

DS, do the new kits come with big bores?
Or should I order those with the kit? I can't find it anywhere if they do
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bartolina pambihira Singapore R/C Racers 21951 03-22-2017 01:58 AM
Capricorn LAB-C01 Korey Harbke Nitro On-Road 2059 07-16-2013 09:12 AM
How many RC's do you own???? Telengard Electric On-Road 127 02-22-2011 12:52 PM
High Performance Nitro MassiveMods Australian Racing 1318 03-12-2009 03:52 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net