Wiki Posts
Search

Where to get Yellow Wheels for Mugen MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Where to get Yellow Wheels for Mugen MRX5

Hi- any help would be great, i am looking for more sets of neon yellow (Serpent style) wheel/tires for my MRX5. i have a couple of sets i found on ebay but everywhere i look there only white. I know JACO Nitro Shoes had made them but i dont think they do anymore in yellow.I attached a pic of what im hunting for.
Attached Thumbnails Where to get Yellow Wheels for Mugen MRX5-road-foam-tyres-002-1-.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Lord

I know Matrix with the Kyosho rims were always yellow and OS2 fit.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for your reply. i looked around the internet for matrix tires but came up with white or carbon only. any online stores you know who may have it? i appreciate any help.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those you have look like Serpent OS1 wheels which means the offset is different than what you need for a Mugen.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unfortunately wheel fashion is very conservative. Black is as crazy as is gets. Ive always wondered why this is, and wish other colors were out there. It just doesn't happen much. It could be more like skateboard wheels with tons of options, although companies would end up with unsold stock based on taste.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi!!

Why don't you get the white ones and dye them yellow?? Dye is only like 3 to 5$$, just a suggestion..
Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like the yellow wheels, and Ive always wished somebody made tie-die wheels. But, as 1/8th on road racers we dont care what color our wheels are, they could be pink and we would still gladly put them on our cars because the question is never how does it look, the question is always "does it make my car faster?" If it does, its going on the car, no matter how ugly it looks

Dying the wheels is probably your best bet. I had a friend that did it years ago and I dont think it would damage the foam, but Im not sure.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I like the yellow wheels, and Ive always wished somebody made tie-die wheels. But, as 1/8th on road racers we dont care what color our wheels are, they could be pink and we would still gladly put them on our cars because the question is never how does it look, the question is always "does it make my car faster?" If it does, its going on the car, no matter how ugly it looks

Dying the wheels is probably your best bet. I had a friend that did it years ago and I dont think it would damage the foam, but Im not sure.
http://www.tabata-racing.com/zac/pro_tire_8.html
you can contact futaba pro shop to give you a discount quote...
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys! I acually did try dying them. no foam damage at all. RIT dye does take to it but they have no flourescent colors so i used another brand and it just didnt take to the plastic.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually I've been itching for a new car. maybe I'll finally try out a Serpent 966, though I'd feel like i was cheating on my MRX5! Maybe i'll fine a used one here soon on the for sale posts. WOOT WOOT!