Wiki Posts
Search

Runaway action...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Runaway action...

Deleted.

Last edited by blis; 10-29-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

most radios now have FAIL SAFE.....If you r racing nitro you should learn to use it!...

another option is to rebind the radio while holding the brake......if you turn it off the brakes are applied......if you lose juice the BRAKES are applied....lol!

nomore runaways........but then again who would we laugh at!.....

i see alot of so called experienced drivers forget to juice that receiver pack!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
most radios now have FAIL SAFE.....If you r racing nitro you should learn to use it!...

another option is to rebind the radio while holding the brake......if you turn it off the brakes are applied......if you lose juice the BRAKES are applied....lol!

nomore runaways........but then again who would we laugh at!.....

i see alot of so called experienced drivers forget to juice that receiver pack!
Failsafes don't tend work too good when the battery pack gets disconnected....
Old 10-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Failsafes don't tend work too good when the battery pack gets disconnected....
Barg said he forgot to put a rubber band on the throttle carby linkage. Harry, we are still waiting for this to get dubbed over with Benny Hill music...i'll knock a quick edit up if you don't have the time
Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
Barg said he forgot to put a rubber band on the throttle carby linkage. Harry, we are still waiting for this to get dubbed over with Benny Hill music...i'll knock a quick edit up if you don't have the time
Tom, I'd appreciate it if you would not use commercial music with my clips. I will be in the process of removing all the clips that use it, as I work for a media company I find it unethical to steal the works of others without permission.

If you want to rip my video I cant stop you but please keep it for personal use.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
Tom, I'd appreciate it if you would not use commercial music with my clips. I will be in the process of removing all the clips that use it, as I work for a media company I find it unethical to steal the works of others without permission.

If you want to rip my video I cant stop you but please keep it for personal use.
fair enough. There is a fair use of media allowance though. I think it especially applies to commercial content. As long as the material is used in a fair manner and no profits are made from it then it's generally ok. If material created for commercial purposes could not be used except by it's owners, then Youtube wouldn't exist pretty much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use (USA legislation)

http://www.ema.gov.au/www/agd/agd.ns...eviews_Fairuse (Aussie legislation)

Fair use acts allow for people to use existing media for personal or creative efforts, it's a fair way to promote creativity and involvement in personal creativity and expression using existing creative efforts.

don't worry i won't use the video i'm just promoting the value of fair use. Obviously if someone says "don't use it" then the original creators efforts needs to be respected.

Blis, it's a shame you are unable to use existing works, especially music. I could think of a thousands current musical creations to go really well with your killer videos. Music is a big part of making a great video, you only need to look at Ray Woods videos to understand that sometimes the wrong choice of music downplays or ruins a great videography effort. Hopefully you can get access to some good beats that you can use.

I've had some pretty good experiences using copyrighted material. I created a fan video for Chris Lilley's "Angry Boys" and it got noticed by the ABC and i got a fair bit of recognition from Chris Lilley and the ABC from it...so sometimes i pays to just go with your instincts and use existing media. If it is done respectfully, some artists/or owners are more than happy to allow your creations to be viewed by others. The only times i've had issues with copyrighted material is with Sony and i think some group called BMG or Warner Bros Music.

I did a quick search to see who owns the Benny Hill theme, it seems like Sony purchased the rights to it.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Wow it's not like it's a feature film, wonder if permission was given by all that were filmed, the gate swings both ways, anyway had a good giggle as i have had a simular experiance with an offroad truck
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Wow it's not like it's a feature film, wonder if permission was given by all that were filmed, the gate swings both ways, anyway had a good giggle as i have had a simular experiance with an offroad truck
it's funny you say that because i think (from memory) that Aussie law states that you do not neccessarily need to be asked by someone to use footage of you, here is a quote from the Australian Copyright Council:

Filming people
Under the Copyright Act, you will need to get consent to film anyone who is performing something (including music, circus and variety acts and mime). However, there is no general law of privacy in Australia which prevents people being filmed without permission.

I'm not sure where "racing" would fall under, and if filming someone's RC car is considered filming "their performance" (it proably is lol) but filming people in the pits is ok Either way i'm sure if someone was nutjobby enough to send Harry to court over him filming their performance on the track a judge would hastilly kick the issue out and tell the prosecutor to piss off.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...qQDGDv2CjE9UMg
Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Fine by me...

I dont get anything for promoting RC in Australia... How about you guys do it and I'll sit back and enjoy the racing for a change.

Bravo for the legal research Tom. Hope the others feel the same way, otherwise you can answer to them as to why five awesome hours of our national titles and "MY CAMERA" work is not going to be made available for the public to enjoy.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

I dont get anything for promoting RC in Australia... How about you guys do it and I'll sit back and enjoy the racing for a change.

Bravo for the legal research Tom. Hope the others feel the same way, otherwise you can answer to them as to why five awesome hours of our national titles and "MY CAMERA" work is not going to be made available for the public to enjoy.
I agree with Harry if you work in Media, unfortunately you need to be the perfect example to others, so this also means not doing things which the average joe does. It kind of sucks, as you have to be extra careful. I see where you are coming from.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Deleted.

Did i miss something????
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
I think TOMB killed it
Old 10-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by prettyinpink
I think TOMB killed it
umm no dude, maybe you did you posted last... what you missed was a link to the video of Barg going "Benny Hill" out of control around Lilydale. You might be able to find it on Blis' youtube page if he hasn't deleted it yet.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Take it easy guys, Blis makes the best RC videos i've ever seen!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romain_f
Take it easy guys, Blis makes the best RC videos i've ever seen!!
For sure those 1/10th of a second were amazing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.