R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Increased Top Speed?

I put that new HB 12 engine in my rs4 3 and I toke it out to the Lot and topped it out.....very nice torque and handling but I would like a higher top speed....any tips ideas?

tuning? etc etc

TurboLancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Generaly everything is gove and take, you want more top speed then you have to give up some bottom end power. The 2 things to look at first would be your gearing or your exhaust setup. If your drive ratio is same as other people on same track and your engine is sam or close to same power band type of engine as they run then you should be good there, if your engine is more of torque based engine over local racers then you may need to just gear it up higher, if more of rpm engine then may gear it lower. For exhaust all of these can give you more top end power, shorter manifold/coupler length, shorter pipe, just putting a pipe on of same design but going from single to dual chamber pipe. With the gearing and pipe selections out there that should be enough to get you dialed in. Or you can try a hotter glow plug, or raise the deck height.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote