R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   hpi rs4 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/55705-hpi-rs4.html)

never lift 11-22-2004 08:16 PM

hpi rs4

does anybody here race a 1st gen rs4 i was just wondering if im the only one of a dying breed

Rapid Roy 11-22-2004 11:49 PM

My son was running a box stock RS4-2 up untill a couple of months ago. I switched from a racer2 about a year ago. I couldn't justify getting a new car at my skill level. I have two friends that have the original RS4's race ready although they haven't had them out since the 01 challenge.

sook 11-23-2004 08:01 AM

I still have and occasionally put the old 97 model on the track to race around and see what type of damage I could do to the boards. It is highly modified just for fun. It was able to keep up with some of the best mtx2's on the track for a while. Its a fun project car that keeps getting improved. In other words, it can become a large money pit that could never be sold for the amount put into it to make it competative.:lol:

never lift 11-23-2004 12:55 PM

rs4

here are the mods to mine ron paris.12/mip clutch /mip header&pipe .front oneway/sway bar kit /handling kit /two speed /racing tank / fiber brake / i know about the money pit lol i like it though it's really fast ..what do you guys have as hopups ..

sook 11-23-2004 03:03 PM

I could only begin to give you a list of mods so far:
upgraded aluminum center driveline pulleys
spring loaded diffs (no more oils)
ofna adjustable engine mounts
teflon clutch shoes
jp mod .12 mt
3mm upper deck with brace
front graphite shock tower
threaded aluminum shocks
megatech bearing steering rack system
3 mm chassis
rcscrews
rpm ball cups
ofna two speed gearing
front and side belt tensioners
cvds
5.5 mm belts
sealed bearings everywhere
Who knows what else?:lol: :D

never lift 11-23-2004 06:05 PM

rs4

yes i forgot the rpm ball cups .. that's alot more than i have .lol i was just wondering if anybody has or races these car anymore . you don't hear much about hpi anymore .. i love my car .

Rapid Roy 11-23-2004 11:43 PM

Mine started off as a Racer2 and I added:

Racing Chassis
2 Speed
Nova Rossi XT12 side exhaust
RB x12 pipe
Cen Header
60 Wt shock oil all around
Front One way
RRP rear Ball diff
Racing Clutch
Carbon Graphite arms front & back
Carbon Graphite rear bulkhead.

That all I remember for now

Now I have a pair of HPI R40's. ROAR champion for the last 2 years. One with all the light parts except the .8 2 speed and the other stock for my son. I also have a Serpent 705.

HPI isn't dead, they just suffer from lack of respect. There attitude of "there is no sanctioned racing class for 200mm so our cars are parking lot racers" really has stuck. I'm not really sure why I like HPI's so much. I guess because it was my 1st RC car.

Breaker Z3 11-28-2004 12:53 PM

HPI

HPI is the best here in Maryland.
It is also the best selling nitro r/c car in our local hobby shops.
And I think its cars can match the car of the year which is the Traxxas Nitro 4Tec.