Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about trying Nitro Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Thinking about trying Nitro Sedan

I am thinking about giving a nitro sedan a try next year. What is the best sedan and why?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That can be a loaded question, because all the cars out there are competivie given the right driver. I feel the Xray NT1 is hard to beat. Xray always makes a solid product (kind of pricey), but they are good cars with great support. If the new Mugen MTX5 is anything like its older brother (MRX5) then it will be a solid car as well. There are also the Serpent 733, Capricorn, Shepherd Velox V10, Kyosho R4 and I'm sure some others that I'm missing

I would go to your local track and see what most of the racers are running. Local part support is always nice and they can help you with setup and so on.

On the other hand if you’re like me, then you enjoy running a car different from everyone else. I would only recommend this if you enjoy a challenge
Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I like to be a different, but being a noob I chose the NT1 because of what I read was a very stout car. I have yet to break 1 part on it in 5 or 6 races, on my second body (I shit a lot of shit) but the car is damn near indestructible. Parts are definitely expensive, I am really wanting to try the new Mugen car but I am afraid a new will have to wait till I learn how to drive
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this is why i picked up a couple complete ntc3's to learn the extra power. NT1 is a great car. ill probably get one in a season or two if only because a racer in our club is a mobile xray hobby shop basicly. not crazy about the cost of parts though.

with electric, i kinda pit by myself and im a solo entity. car no one has ect but nitro.. good to be part of the flock with the speeds they hit the boards.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Have you ever thought about the new Serpent 733TE?
It's a good price & I've found part prices to be good. Not sure about availability where you are, but I have no problem getting the bits.
It's easy to set-up, work on and competitive in the right hands (not mine)
They're all good cars though. The Capricorn is beautiful, and the H-K1 a weapon + I hear the MTX-5 is blindingly quick
Old 09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Do you have a pitman ?

If you dont have a pitman, playing nitro sedan is bad idea.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdhyams
I am thinking about giving a nitro sedan a try next year. What is the best sedan and why?

Thanks
The top kits by kyosho, xray, shepard, mugen etc are all comparable. But I would suggest if your new you get the car that is raced by the guys in your area and supported by hobby shops in your area. If there are is no support then start with a NT1 or mugen. Xray has a wide setup range, super durable( I have broken 4 parts in 3 seasons of racing it) , and there are tons of team drivers to help. But the fastest car is no fun if you break a part that you don't have in your pit bag if you are the only one running that car, or if your setup is way off it's helpful to have experienced guys helping you.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default info

Thanks for the info, I will have to do some more looking to decide what I want to get.