Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 GT On Road Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default 1/8 GT On Road Help

Before anything is said...I'm probably just going to be parking lot bashing most of the time. Budget is about $600...I have my own radio gear so AM stuff will be taken out ASAP.

Before I started studying on DM-1 Spec, Kyosho IGT2, Ultra GTP, GTP2e, 1/7 DM-1 Pro...it became even more mind boggling lol. Damn Kyosho bodies are about $100 on top if I want to mount it on the DM-1 Spec which I think are not going to line up...does anyone know the wheelbase of the 1/7 DM-1 Pro?

Each car has its pros and cons I know...leaning on the IGT2 is the 2 speed tranny that big of an issue? I've been seeing some $64 metal 2 speed upgrade on ebay for quite some time.

Anyone used this?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The GT2 is an awesome machine! For cheaper body options, you can always throw a Dragon Racing GT1 chassis on it, or for all out strength, do a Kyosho 777 Chassis conversion. Then you can run the non licensed bodies *PF8 etc*.

However, the Kyosho bodies are very strong, and reinforcing them with mesh and shoe goo will go a long ways.

You want to go with the Kyosho Shoe Type Transmission once the stock one finnally quits. Kyosho IGW008. It's a direct drop in on the GT2.

The DM-1 spec and GT1 share the same wheelbase, the GT2 and DM Pro share the same wheelbase. I would say GT2 or DM-1 Spec. I personally think the DM Pro is just too heavy! Plus the GT is a little easier to setup.

Hope that helps.