new 2 nitro

Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation new 2 nitro

I've been racing electric touring cars for about 2 years and I've been wanting 2 get into nitro touring, I plan 2 use my JR XR3I radio and a kopropo steering servo, but now this is where i need help, I don't know which car to buy, so far my list is: Shumacer R12 team, AE NTC3 team, Mugen MTX-3, Trinity G4 team. I also need help choosing a engine, fuel, and throttle sevro, any help would be nice, price and skill level are not factors
Old 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

You might want to include the Kyosho RRR on your list of cars.It`s on my shopping list.
As for engines - you get what you pay for.I use an RB and love it.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's the beauty of 10th scale nitros. So many companies competing. I have a NTC3 which works great on small tracks but I'm looking at RDLogics G4 for medium to large tracks.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All of thoes are great cars. But I would see what the fast nitro guys at your track are running. And also see what car parts your hobby shop has in stock. Same thing on the fuel & engine also.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

the newwest novarossi is nice--- the RR12L3. also, novamax--- max engine is nice. i was racing the MTX-3 but recently purchased the kyosho rrr.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: new 2 nitro

Originally posted by HKlosi
I've been racing electric touring cars for about 2 years and I've been wanting 2 get into nitro touring, I plan 2 use my JR XR3I radio and a kopropo steering servo, but now this is where i need help, I don't know which car to buy, so far my list is: Shumacer R12 team, AE NTC3 team, Mugen MTX-3, Trinity G4 team. I also need help choosing a engine, fuel, and throttle sevro, any help would be nice, price and skill level are not factors
KHlosi, you have an advantage in that you EP experience ... driving, set-ups etc.

The best thing to do before going into nitro is to look and watch the nitro guys at your local track. See what the faster guys are driving. Chat with them and find your most friendly of the faster guys.

There are few things to learn about nitro that doing the above will shorten your learning curve. Usually driving the same kinda car with those guys will make it that much easier.

The 4 cars you listed above are not bad at all. I have or still own three of them - NTC3, G4 and MTX3. If you want my 2-cents, take the MTX3.

If you can pick other models, and bearing in mind that you're probably a good driver and therefore want the latest performance cars, pick the Serpent 710 or the RRR. These were the only two that made it to the grand final in the World Championship recently. The RRR is the current World Champ and the S710 is the European Champ as well as 8 European National titles this year.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MTX

im planning to get that soon
Old 11-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where are you planning on racing? This past year at Tinley Park, the popular choices were the NTC3 and the Serpent 710. I have two NTC3's myself, and think they work pretty well. Easy to get parts for also.

Regarding engine and fuel.. This really depends on your pocket book. I placed 5th overall at Tinley this year using an old MT12 motor, so a $300 motor is not really required. I would go cheap and learn to tune before spending large $$ on motors.

Feel free to PM with questions.

Jimmy
Old 11-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool Get the F1 driver

I recommend you to have a Schumacher because it goes up to 90+mi/h. If you want a real speed barrier breaker that is.