Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ntc3 Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 04:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Ntc3 Fuel Tank

I HAVE MANY PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL TANK.....MANY PRESSURE INSIDE.AND I HAVE BIG PROBLEM WITH THE MOTORS CARBURATION......ALSO THE TOP SPEED IS TOO LOW VS GT4R THAT I USE BEFORE....SOMEONE HELP ME????
Old 05-29-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ntc3 Fuel Tank

Originally posted by umbe
I HAVE MANY PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL TANK.....MANY PRESSURE INSIDE.AND I HAVE BIG PROBLEM WITH THE MOTORS CARBURATION......ALSO THE TOP SPEED IS TOO LOW VS GT4R THAT I USE BEFORE....SOMEONE HELP ME????
use a shit load of fuel tubing from the exhaust nipple to the tank lid. i heard the ntc3 has this problem of excessive pressureso good luck. change the tank if you can...is this possible?
Old 05-29-2002, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first go look in the NTC3 thread and find the info about the tank pressure rework for the lid.

The other issue is the fuel foaming issue. I know what is causing it and I am working on a solution. The problem is the chassis is weak where they cut out the access hole for the pull start clearence. That section of the chassis vibrates bad because of this. I put a new mounting system in mine with a serpent Impulse tank and it got better but it is still not good enough. I kinda went from high wash cycle to low but it still vibes bad enough that it will spit fuel out the tank fill hole because it vibrates the lid to death.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:20 PM

Low wash cycle! I like that Dennis!!! I drilled the stinger out on the pipe to 5.5mm and the low wash cycle got alittle lower. I then drilled it out to 6mm, but I would'nt advise going to 6mm the stinger is awfully thin.
If you get the vib. thing worked out Dennis let us know, I still don't like spilling fuel everywhere when you open the lid to refuel!