Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Columbus, GA on-road racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Columbus, GA on-road racing

Hello all. I've been living in Columbus since 2006 and now it looks like my dream could finally be coming true. I tried to see about getting a city race facility built but it fell thru but I am back on it again. Being from Ohio originally, I would really love what Toledo has. Columbus is about to be huge business being that the armor center (Ft Knox) is moving to Ft Benning so that means that people need more things to do and there must be more RC enthusiasts like myself. I am strictly an on-road guy but I was wondering if there were any people like myself who would like to start a club, friendship, and or try and get something nice going for Columbus. Hobbytown is changing locations and from what they told me, on-road racing is coming back. I sure hope so because there are plenty of on-road drivers here but with no where to go. So let's meet up and get something going. My specs are:

Hobao GPX4 Pro
Sirio EVO III

I also have other cars that just need a lil work and I have some electric 1/10th scale cars as well. Hope to talk to ya soon. Laters.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lonsta
Hello all. I've been living in Columbus since 2006 and now it looks like my dream could finally be coming true. I tried to see about getting a city race facility built but it fell thru but I am back on it again. Being from Ohio originally, I would really love what Toledo has. Columbus is about to be huge business being that the armor center (Ft Knox) is moving to Ft Benning so that means that people need more things to do and there must be more RC enthusiasts like myself. I am strictly an on-road guy but I was wondering if there were any people like myself who would like to start a club, friendship, and or try and get something nice going for Columbus. Hobbytown is changing locations and from what they told me, on-road racing is coming back. I sure hope so because there are plenty of on-road drivers here but with no where to go. So let's meet up and get something going. My specs are:

Hobao GPX4 Pro
Sirio EVO III

I also have other cars that just need a lil work and I have some electric 1/10th scale cars as well. Hope to talk to ya soon. Laters.
Sounds great! I moved to SC in '89 from Toledo. We had 1/8th on-road racing in Atl (Dixie Racers) and in Greenville, SC but it died out. There are some guys who race occasionally in ATL at the Sugar Bowl but that's about it.

I have been to Florida twice and to Toledo four times to race this year and it would be really nice to drive 250 miles to Columbus instead of 600 to Toledo!

Although I'm too far away to be much help, I wish you the best and will come over to race with y'all when you get things going!!!!!!!!!

Ned Schmaltz
Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know the state very well, but is there on-road racing in Georgia or the surrounding area's?