Community
Wiki Posts
Search

thinking of getting a capricorn lab-c01

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default thinking of getting a capricorn lab-c01

i'm thinking about getting a capricorn lab-c01 by now, right now i own an nt1 2010 with hop ups, but i do really want this capricorn but my biggest consern is that xray release an nt2 by january or so next year, or the new capricorn, so does any body have any new about the release of new cars, of any of this companies?

i appreciate any advice.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Rodolfo,
Right now the Euro edition is the latest Lab C01, it comes with all the hop ups and available option parts that is available for this car, you don't need to add anything else right out of the box, I'm sure you won't regret having the LAB C01
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Or you could stick with the car you have which is the current National and World Championship platform. The car you have also has more drivers to assist you with setup help and equal if not more outlets to get parts when needed.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
i'm thinking about getting a capricorn lab-c01 by now, right now i own an nt1 2010 with hop ups, but i do really want this capricorn but my biggest consern is that xray release an nt2 by january or so next year, or the new capricorn, so does any body have any new about the release of new cars, of any of this companies?

i appreciate any advice.
Now that's a simple one. If you are concerned that either company could release a new car soon, then just wait a few more weeks for the Mugen MTX5.
If it's anything like the MTX4, you'll be set for at least 3 years
Old 08-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The Lab is worth every penny. If help is needed. DJ is on rctech all the time to help out!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The LAB C01 is the best car available in the market today, you won't regret getting one, they have the best clutch out of all the available sedans out there, even the NT1 that won the world's used a lot of Capricorn parts made for the NT1.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Dgan
The LAB C01 is the best car available in the market today, you won't regret getting one, they have the best clutch out of all the available sedans out there, even the NT1 that won the world's used a lot of Capricorn parts made for the NT1.
alot of the parts from the NT1 is interchangeable with the capricorn C01...a few drivers at my local track run the LAB C01 and they have NT1 parts on them...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I switched from the nt1 2010 to the lab c01
the biggest difference is how sharp the capricorn turns in and out of corners, no matter what i tried to the nt1 it always felt too flat in the corners.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

It does not matter which car you buy out of the current top models..
if you look at any major event all the top drivers are within .1 a sec between eachother

kamikaze has the car and all parts plus DJ Apolaro is great for tech help
Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

i'm pretty sure that the capriorn is the way to go right now but my biggest concern is that if i get the capricorn i don't want that in January they release the lab c01 v2 or the nt2, this is why i'm hesitating that much
Old 08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

unfortunately mate is like buying a new computer..should you upgrade now or wait for the next processor? i found that buying a car thats already established is the way to go as you can be sure all problems were resolved in previous models and all the stores have parts in stock already.

if you look at the current results at the euros, the mtx is still .1 slower than the xray and thats in the hand of current 1:8 champion pietsch. the other 2 mtx5 drives are off the pace.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
i'm pretty sure that the capriorn is the way to go right now but my biggest concern is that if i get the capricorn i don't want that in January they release the lab c01 v2 or the nt2, this is why i'm hesitating that much
If you don't have a lot of racing to do for the rest of this season, then just wait and see what they all come up with for next season.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The lab c01 is worth every penny and there are always new cars coming out but that does not mean they are going to be better.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

First thing I would say is get a car that is supported in your area, if not either the new mugen or stick with your xray. The car ralph won the worlds with had xray clutch and cap plastic diff gears. However now xray has all the option parts made in house. I would stay if you already have a 2010 there isn't a whole lot of speed in getting a whole new car to be found. Update the clutch and get plastic diff gears. If your struggling with making the car handle ask an xray team driver for advise. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket get the new mugen, cheaper than cap, and comes with all the bits you need to run a regional or national in the box, add some swaybars, springs, shock pistons, alternate spurs/pinions, and crash spares and your set. The only down side to xray is the maintenance costs. But that gets balanced against how long the parts last but it is a proven platform.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Get what ever car you want. Just make sure you come and race it!!!!!!!!!

Pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.