R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
Just FYI....

We are currently racing gas/nitro powered RC on-road cars at Sanair Raceway. We currently have 3 tracks that we run on.
Yes, Pike River has permanently closed and Sanair remains the only place to race Nitro cars (at this time, we are only racing 1/8th Nitro on-road, but would be happy to consider a new class if there was sufficient interest).

Hope this helps.
Pics updated into OP if your wondering why the engine has been filed down on the side, it's to fit a custom roll cage that's just needing to get painted and mounted.

Thanks, im going to have to check it out. Sanair is a bit far, and Im running a 1/10 but I'm picking up a Savage XL Truck next week (I'm a nut) I'm looking local where I don't have to drive out. You know schedule hook ups at lots for Draggin & Tracking.

On another note I had to do some repairs today. Nailed a parked car f-ing around. Just understeered into it. I figured out why I was having understeer issues and fixed it. I had the steering arm coming off the servo uncalibrated & I was getting sharp left handers & understeering when going right.

Everything seemed allright, but today when doing some speed runs the CV joint (where the front dogbone turns the joint/wheel hub) broke off & I went 3WD lol. Just for kicks I pulled both front dogbones and rand RWD for a Bit, surprisingly she ran great but suffered severe understeer both ways. The exhaust manifold loosened up so I called it a night.

Got her home, had 1 last spare Dogbone already connected to a wheel hub. I installed it, & the other side that I removed to go RWD. I cleaned up the exhaust manifold and threw on a new gasket and some lock tight on the screws and hooked it back up.

So it's back in AWD mode & I got rid of my understeer. I need new tires badly, I'm getting some sent to me on a new set of rims, & getting some vintage tires & rims to go with the Challenger body I ordered .

I'm just going to mess with it until the new tires and rims come in, no point Tuning with the baldies I got on now, plus with me messing around doing doughnuts I burnt off whatever was left of them.

Last edited by Rac3rX; 07-31-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Rac3rX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Tech Master

I'm a nut. Bought a Savaga XL

2 spare chassis etc.

Just no manual, where can I get that? Online PDF anywhere?

More in a bit, gotta mess with it.

I also used Savage Srews to attach my stripped exhaust manifold, works great.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
Tech Master

Check out the Truck, and chassis I'm building for it.

I have the back end off to clean it up, and scope it out. I gota pick up the aluminum wheel hub and all the stuff to connect it to the suspension.

Also got to get some shock oil, diff grease. Suggestions on what to use are welcome.