Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank You Motorman For the Gearing and Engine Mount Tips. I Finally Solved my Clutch Weight Problem (Hanging Up) My Flywheel had a Rought Edge where the Weights fling out. In turn the Rough Edge Carved a Slight Groove in the Backside of the Weights, Kind of like a Groove or Notch. The Groove was Catching on the Flywheel, in turn. Not letting my clutch Assembly Come Back Home, then my Clutch bell Started Dragging and Stalling the Engine.

How I fixed the Problem, With Sand Paper, I Cleaned up the Rough Edge on the Flywheel 400 Grit Followed by 1600 Grit "Almost" Polished. But Most Importantly, took the Rough Edge Off, that was wearing the Grooves in the Weights. I then used 400 Grit To take the Gooves out of the Weights "Careful to Not Remove to Much Material" Ran About 4 Tanks of Fuel Tonight and the Clutch Was Phenominal! Held Adjustment Pefect, Hits Hard and Most Import Consistent.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Smile goose is lose

i want 2 c more mongooses in the top 10 is that possible
Old 07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Talking oh so sweet

motorman is the goose here to stay or just a passing phase id like it to be around like the other manufacturers
Old 07-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default leak!!!

Has anyone had problems with fueltank leaking I had 3 flame outs yesterday and I had it way fat .When I got home I saw the fuel all over place so I pulled the tank out and put it in a bowl of water . I have 2 other tanks and all three are leaking out of the gas cap doors
Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

hi hellion,
i have the same problem with more than 10 tanks,
i have take out the gasket and the i have clean the parts,
and the cap. the i have glue the gasket with fine silikon,
and now it works perfect.

dieter
Old 07-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLION
Has anyone had problems with fueltank leaking I had 3 flame outs yesterday and I had it way fat .When I got home I saw the fuel all over place so I pulled the tank out and put it in a bowl of water . I have 2 other tanks and all three are leaking out of the gas cap doors

Im not having any problem with the tank so far, but i think the solution its to buy the KFactory tank ....
Old 07-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

the k-factory tank have the same problem ,
i have may a roll out chart for the g4, like a 1:12 pan car.
Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-rollout-g4.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

I was also having problems with the tank. Not that it was leaking, but that at 1/2 tank when i would break hard, my fuel would cut out.

I purchased the k-factory tank and adjusted the top intake nipple to point on the opposite side of the pipe. Problem fixed.

Now, i have another problem. I'm only getting 4 minutes from a tank !!!! ( i think i'm running too rich but haven't had the time to check.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know how much the spring kit is going for ?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charlesd
Anyone know how much the spring kit is going for ?

US$ 32 on www.rdlogics.com ... its not on the items list so you have to email to rdlogics ...

cya !
Old 07-26-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HELLION

I have had the same problem, the solution was to screw down the top. This squeezes the gasket and makes a tighter seal. I only use the KFactory fuel tanks. With the TM version you should be able to push the retainer in the same fashion.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have found 1 tank out of the 3 i have that is tight in the cap with standard seal. The best thing you could do if your tank leaks is to buy some Serpent or Kyosho cap-seals, cut out the inner portion of it so it looks more like the K-Factory seals and then mount it like the original seal. All tanks i've done this to is totally tight
Old 07-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sparx
I have found 1 tank out of the 3 i have that is tight in the cap with standard seal. The best thing you could do if your tank leaks is to buy some Serpent or Kyosho cap-seals, cut out the inner portion of it so it looks more like the K-Factory seals and then mount it like the original seal. All tanks i've done this to is totally tight

Can you explain a little more this procedure ?, do you have links to part numbers ?

thanks,
Old 07-26-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Serpent seals i use looks like they're discontinued, i got them from my LHS who had some laying around.
The seals that's from the V-One RR is the exact same thoguh but i can't find any part numbers. I'll go see if i still have the bag around somewhere.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone running a spool in the rear?

Hate messing with gear oils....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.