Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
RDLogics Mongoose >

RDLogics Mongoose

RDLogics Mongoose

Old 07-25-2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Do you know any online store who sell this springs ? ...

thanks,
I used Serpent springs because thats what I had in my box, but if you are starting from scratch I would get the RD Logics spring set. Its a lot more conveinent and they cost a lot less.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:55 AM

Does anyone know where to get Mongoose decals?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats Ray J's car. one of our team drivers

Uneke right now we have all been making our own or having them done at sign shops.

Fordman are the orings under the washers that are under the side gears. Sumthin is up as I have never seen one leak.

we have springs.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Motorman
Thats Ray J's car. one of our team drivers

Uneke right now we have all been making our own or having them done at sign shops.

Fordman are the orings under the washers that are under the side gears. Sumthin is up as I have never seen one leak.

we have springs.
Thats cool. I have a guy that can make me some I just wanted to make sure before I bothered him.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Motorman]

Yeah as far as I can tell it all looks good.I know the seals are in there,but Im not sure if the have a tear or not.I dont know how that would have happened.Is it possible to overfill it?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

have anyone seen or tried the lola vds conversion kit from k-factory? k1486
Old 07-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Mongoose Decals

I think the guys name is slotmachine on this forum that made my decals.

Last edited by YBSLOW; 12-23-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
I think the guys name is slotmachine on this forum that made my decals.
Yeah, SlotMachine actually races at my track. He's one of the two guys I could ask.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oderem
have anyone seen or tried the lola vds conversion kit from k-factory? k1486
Looks like:
http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...7&cat=0&page=6

I use the one from Kyosho for the V1RR.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBXF0&P=7
Old 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A big THANK YOU goes out to Ray and Brad, team RD Logics drivers for helping me at the nats! I ran a Goose in masters class and they were both very helpfull and friendly all weekend, in spite of having a tough race weekend themselves... Ray gave me a new pipe at the end of the weekend in exchange for some springs I had given him and it was much appreciated, RD should be proud of both of these guys for the way they represented RD all week there in spite of having some tough times on the track,Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-d2x_0872.sized.jpg  
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a fun time at the nats, fought the track all weekend like many people, had a rough start to the main, got my stinger folded in and broke, pipe was pushed into the pulley giving the car super drag brakes, and the pipe coupler was almost split in half, car was slower and harder to drive but I just drove around and tried to stay clean the rest of the race with a wounded Goose and ended up finishing Fourth! Here is another picture of my car during the main, notice the folded in stinger burning the paint away and the 3 wheel action! ( btw, great shots Jarrod!)
Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-d2x_0884.sized.jpg  
Old 07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where can I find a Gear Ratio Chart for the Mongoose? I see that the Mesh is not Adjustable, so I think that it is Probably similar to the R40 and I would Probably need a Chart to get the Gearing Right.

Thanks In Advance

Dax
Old 07-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Jeff

Your welcome for the help at the track Jeff. Anytime you see me at a race somewhere please feel free to drop by and chat. If I can help I surely will.

Jpilone...........great shots!! My car sure got some major road rash from absolutely just launching it on the bumps on the back straight!! This track was just a bear!!!!!!!!!

For some of the guys wanting to make decals, I've got a suggestion that's been working for me. If you can use Word you can make some of your own decals. I went to office depot and bought some Avery 8665 full sheet clear labels. I designed some decals using word art and REVERSE printed them on the label paper. That is ... I used Word Art and then just flipped the words so that they appear in reverse. After spraying the ink jet printed label paper with some Acrylic Crystal Clear Enamel from Krylon.... I just cut out the printed words and stuck them on the lexan from the inside. The clear label paper has some pretty strong glue and stays put. Next I just painted right over the handmade decals.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

FJ
thats good to hear. We have gotten very pickey about our team guys recently. It is unfortunate that the texas track is probably the worst possible condition for the mongoose to run on possible. I know everyone struggled. excessivly high ride the car does not like as the roll centers are all screwed up. The car will shine at the GLC in 2 weeks. High bite super smooth. Our Turn.

JP
what does it mean when in over half the shots a car has less than three wheels on the ground?? should have been an off road race!!!!!!

Last edited by Motorman; 07-25-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

d matter

its like this. you can run this combo. S class 1st gear pinion with any 1st spur Black or grey. any g4 second pinion with a grey 2nd S class spur.

just remember the s class 1st pinion and the s class 2nd spurs are the critical parts. and any 2nd pinion and 1st spur can be used.

One combo we don't recommend is 18/25 pinions setup. the step is to much

also make sure you do not put to long of screws in the rear engine mount holes. those holes share the same hole as the screw that mounts the engine mount to the chassis. It is possible that the two screws crash into each other allowing the rear of the engine mount not to be tightened fully against the chassis. this will cause the engine to shift causing a stripped spur. I know a few folks have stripped spurs and this is usually what is causing it. If the engine stays in the right place spur strippage is rare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.