Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to receive some opinions about this chassis ...

I have some contacts in Brazil and the guys that are running the mongoose (or the New G4 EVO) are very happy, with ZERO issues to solve ... so ... any opinions ?

thanks,
Old 05-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RMeira
Guys .. Just bought my 710 ;-) .. i'm starting to build it.
I've been reading this forum, and can't say how proud i am in beign in the snake team ... planning to stick with it ;-)
I have a little question
Where i race, by the rules, we can only race in Rubber Tires..
Can I use a On-Way diff with it ??.. and how about the car setup ?? any recomendation for rubber tires !?
Thank you very much ....
Rodrigo Meira

Well Rodrigo, voce ta no forum errado cara !!! hehehehe ... mais nao tem problema nao, tenta contatar com o pessoal de Curitiba da fazenda THALIA que esta correndo pro .12 com pneus de borracha e um dos pilotos esta com one way e borracha ... mais pessoalmente nao recomendo esta combinatoria nao !!! ... voce deveria usar ou eixo fixo na frente ou diferencial ...

falou !!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Regional Moderator

I think it is a fine car, but you still have to be careful and take your time to building it.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Guys, after two years of driving the Mongoose/G4 I am change cars. I will be posting all of my car stuff within the next few days in the for sale area but wanted to let you guys know first in case someone is interested.

I have almost every hop-up available on my car (only has been used for about 8 races). Chassis is the only thing that is showing any wear.

If someone would want the complete package, I am sure we could work out a very reasonable price. Just really don't want to spend time partng everything out.

Just a small taste of things I have for it.

NIB 3mm chassis
c/f pillow balls and delrin/aluminum retainers
18tooth brake/pulley conversion
all the c/f and aluminum braces (except for bottom bumper c/f)
NIB steering setup
3 centax's
2 or 3 engine mounts
NIB arms, knuckles,
have all spur/pinion combinations for the normal gear.
S-class gears
S9550 servo
vented brake
front diff
Rear spool

I easily have over $1000 just in the car and parts. My price would be well below that.

PM me if interested and we can discuss more details.

BTW, I am changing to the V1RRR WCE
Old 05-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I have posted just the car for sale in the classifieds. Has tons of hop-ups and electronics. $275
It's a steal for that.

G4/Mongoose
Old 05-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

I just picked up my mongoose combo w/ the turbo II pipe from my lhs. I decided to go with the futaba s9550 servos.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I need to purchase a radio system & 2 servos that costs under $130 for my friend's new G4 mongoose. Can I buy any radio & servo from any company or I can only choose futaba & their low profile servo? Also, I heard that G4 mongoose can accept only low profile servo is this correct? Thanks!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

I went with the low profile servos b/c it is easier, but i have heard of KO's fitting w/o a problem. Check the last few pages on this car. I think it was previously discussed. As far as a radio with 2 servos under a $130 bucks? I don't know. You could probably get a couple of std. servos, but personally i would wait save up money and get quality servos they make a huge difference.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

The Futaba 9550 servo its a 6kg torque servo ... that is enough for racing the mongoose or i will be a little short on torque for steering ? ... i was thinking on the servos that i usually use, thats is the Hitec 925 for steering (8,5kg) and 645 (6,5 kg) ...
Old 05-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I need to purchase a radio system & 2 servos that costs under $130 for my friend's new G4 mongoose. Can I buy any radio & servo from any company or I can only choose futaba & their low profile servo? Also, I heard that G4 mongoose can accept only low profile servo is this correct? Thanks!
ANY standard servos from futaba will fit.
the 9550 will give you MORE space.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up THANKS AFM from GPP Modelracing !!!

Hi guys,

I have to give public THANKS to our friend AFM from GPP Modelracing (Peru - Southamerica). He is a terrific guys and gives a hell of a good service to his clients.

Im from Chile and he sold me my Team Magic New G4 EVO and STS D3R "Modified" Engine (he do the mod work).

I invite to all southamerican pilots to give a chance to Alfonso (AFM) to show you his excelent client service. Usually we, from southamerica, just have access to buy from USA 'cause we dont get good service and prices from southamerica itself ... Alfonso is a pilot too so he knows exactly our needs on this hobby and do his best to give us the best ...

The engine and pipe its just in my house (4 days after i ordered !! ) and the model kit its on its way to my house right now ... and 2 other friends of my RC Club are buying RC Material from gppmodelracing too ! (www.gppmodelracing.com) ...

Well guys, sorry for the long post but i had to do this ... hope to do bussiness with you Alfonso and keep up with the excelent work you do !!!

cya !
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

I have to give public THANKS to our friend AFM from GPP Modelracing (Peru - Southamerica). He is a terrific guys and gives a hell of a good service to his clients.

Im from Chile and he sold me my Team Magic New G4 EVO and STS D3R "Modified" Engine (he do the mod work).

I invite to all southamerican pilots to give a chance to Alfonso (AFM) to show you his excelent client service. Usually we, from southamerica, just have access to buy from USA 'cause we dont get good service and prices from southamerica itself ... Alfonso is a pilot too so he knows exactly our needs on this hobby and do his best to give us the best ...

The engine and pipe its just in my house (4 days after i ordered !! ) and the model kit its on its way to my house right now ... and 2 other friends of my RC Club are buying RC Material from gppmodelracing too ! (www.gppmodelracing.com) ...

Well guys, sorry for the long post but i had to do this ... hope to do bussiness with you Alfonso and keep up with the excelent work you do !!!

cya !
Patricio

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are as you said, primarily a driver and hobby supporter, and we'll do our best to give service and support with our sales to all Southamerican customers.
Visit our web page www.gppmodelracing.com

Regards
AFM
Old 05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys.

One more question... Would airtronics standard servos fit in a mongoose? I am thinking about getting the airtronics MX3 with 2 x 94102Z servos at $119.99... Thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default XTREME RC MAGAZINE ARTICLE

You couldnt ask for a better review of the RD Logics Mongoose !!!!!

8 Instructions
8 Parts Quality
9 Durability
9 Tunability
9 Overall Performance
9.5 Value

Overall Rating: 8.75

Awesome, The Car fits my driving style like no other, once you get over the few little tweaks that have to be done it is a dream !!!!

I hope you all get a chance to see the review on page 68 of RC Cars Extreme Magazine !! Apparently they checked all the right sources on what needs to be done to make it a very competitive car, and once done were impressed with the handling of the car !!!

Scott (SWRC)
Old 05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup question

I went and tried my mongoose today and it went pretty well. I have a question about camber.

I have the stock setup on the car which is 4 or 5 degrees on the rear of the car. When i finished running at the track, the tires where cone shaped. wider at the exterior.

my question is, shouldn't the tires be as close as possible flat as a good indication of proper camber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.