Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Got my Goose......

Started putting together my Goose and I am impressed with the quality of the fit of the items. There sure are alot of screws in this thing, but man does it look and feel like a strong car! It also feels really light!! The K-Factory chassis is also pretty trick. Anybody buying this car should be really happy with it. The shocks are super smooth, and very easy to build. With some of the shocks I've built it's taken bleeding and rebleeding to get them right. I didn't have to do that once. The instructions are also well illustrated, which makes this thing alot easier than some kits out there. The bags are all easily marked, and you don't have to go searching through multiple bags to find the pieces you need. I will say this to anybody geting the kit. Take your time building the kit. If you takes it slow and steady it will come togther really nicely. It seems to be a really well thought out car. I do hope in the future that RD may take a look at putting in hex head screws instead of that phillips head stuff. No biggie.....my box is filled with 3mm screws. Can't wait to race this thing!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tendency

Originally posted by Ffejdat
A few more questions for Mongoose- G4 owners, How small can you run your tires down to on this chassis, taking into account adjusting downstops properly and such, and what kind of "balance" of tire hardness front to rear does this car tend to like,i.e., same hardness front to rear, or one shore harder or softer front to rear in general, I know every track is different, just looking for a general idea on tire balance...
I have noticed the car likes to be much stiffer up front spring wise. I am typically about three spring rates stiffer up front. 1.8 front with 1.5 rear or 1.7 front and 1.4 rears. Usually 45 fronts and 42 rears on high bite tracks and 42 fronts and 40 rears on normal bite tracks. Just a place to start anyway.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would go 59 to 61 diameter for main tires and you can go as deep as 56 mm for qualifying tires. That is a good reference place to start.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Nitro Tech

new optional parts...

Last edited by dino.tw; 04-03-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

hi,
is the box setup from the mongoose the same as the tm g4??.
mine g4 with the new steering does not god steer and the rear is loose in the curve without throttle.
i have made the setup from josh at vegas
but 40 s front and 42 s on rear at a track with mid grip

dieter
Old 04-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Deiter 3 things
1 swap tire ends 40 rears and 42 fronts.

2 are you still running kit springs? If so their two hard. Try these combos (mugen blue rear and grey front. Associated purple front, yellow or copper rear.)

3 are you using 0 offset tires?

if you run 2 mm offset tires you will need to widen the front end to such an extent that the knuckles won't hit the lower arms when the car is at full lock. If this happens the suspension won't travel down in a corner.

check your car by removing the front shocks. turn the car to full right and left lock and insure that the chassis is still on the table. if it rises up when you turn it widen the front end.

Tip with 2mm offset 200mm front width is about as narrow as you can go unless you shorten the lower arm a mm or 2

with 0mm offset tires you can go 198 no problem.

The kit tires are 2 mm offsets arrows on a mongoose.
I use Nitroshoe 0 offsets.

check this out and check the recent posts about tires and springs.
the g4 is about the most planted thing on earth. Its pretty hard to put it out in the weeds.

Last edited by Motorman; 04-03-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have alway run the softer tires in the front. Try that first. I ran my elec tc with the cyan on the rear and man was I chasing ghost. Couldn't get it stop spinning out, until I realized I had the tire backwards.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

So the arrow tires that RDlogics sells are 2mm offset?

Which is the perfered tire for the Mongoose? 0mm offset or 2mm offset?

Also, what seems to be the best track widths front and rear?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

depends on who you ask. either work fine. I like 0's and so do most of the team guys. It allows you to widen and narrow the front end at will and this is a big tuning device when it comes to steering. you would be amazed what going from 200mm front width to 197mm does to the increase in steering.

I prefer 200 rear 198 front.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
depends on who you ask. either work fine. I like 0's and so do most of the team guys. It allows you to widen and narrow the front end at will and this is a big tuning device when it comes to steering. you would be amazed what going from 200mm front width to 197mm does to the increase in steering.

I prefer 200 rear 198 front.
I agree with using the 0 offset tyres (MonoTuning is what I use) for the same reason Dennis mentions. It frees up the steering blocks to pivot without any issue of suspension bind.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

hi motorman,
i have front wide 198 and rear 200,
i use the softer front tire to become
more steering with to old i have never
problems with steering.
what for oil and plats you use in the shocks??
dieter
Old 04-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default g4 questions

hi guys
1. i own also a g4 and i ve already put on the 4mm k factory chassis which is very very good and the new steering system(you should also put it on!!!!!).at the time i am very pleased with the car and i would like to ask you about the centax of the k factory do you guys think worth buying it?(i have on the 3 shoe)some said that i ll see difference at acceleration because of the lighter gears?

2. what better for this car the front dif to be blocked 100% or to put on hard oil....80000??

3.is it better if i take all the wheels more out than they are at the moment

4. do anyone has the pic that shows the little dino(mongoose) that steps on a snake (serpent)??????????

thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

So are the Arrow tires that RDLogics sells 2mm offset?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi everyone,

we have now had 2 rounds of the BRCA 200mm touring series in the uk (EFRA rules), and the team magic G4 has taken TQ at both rounds!

we have a full entry of 80 drivers at each round and team drivers from serpent(mark green) kyosho, associated, schumacher etc so its pretty competetive.

no race wins yet, but working on it. new to foam tyres so qualifying is ok, but tyre sizes, ride height etc for 30 mins finals requires more experience for me!

any tips would be handy!

darren johnson.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone post a blank setup sheet for the mongoose. My goal for this year's season is to keep up with different setups for different tracks rather than start from scratch each time.

thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.