Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default YBSLOW & 710 BABY

Your decals are in the mail as of 10:30 am Eastern time
Old 02-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

thanks for the help... Guess I will stick with the Mugen.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ????????

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
Thank who for the help? What kind of help do you need? I'm sure Mugen will be a lot of help..................
Old 02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Ok guys I have a question. My friend Paul just sent me the car he made the gas nats main with. He is offering me a GREAT deal on it. I have one concern maybe someone can help with. The receiver looks very exposed. Does anyone have an idea on how to shelter it a little. This car was a Team Magic car. I don't know if RD has come up with a better receiver mount or not. Of course when I asked Paul he reminded me that receiver problems were what ended his A main. I am probably going to buy the car either way, but this may decide if I keep it or just part out the thing.

Leo V/Dennis or anyone have any ideas?
I think this is what he was talking about.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mugen has been tons of help....

Yb you have been so engrossed with decals..

jnims is right.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default Re: YBSLOW & 710 BABY

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Your decals are in the mail as of 10:30 am Eastern time
Thanks for the info enjoy the weekend
Old 02-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I will be using the Ko helios new receiver it fits perfectly in the receiver mount since it is tiny it is well protected but I had the same issues when using the standard size receivers.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

I had similar concerns about the receiver. Also, do you do some type of water-proofing to the receiver i.e. a baloon? Or is it not necessary on the mongoose?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

jnims29.. You should always do some water-proofing/fuel proofing to the receiver... As far as protecting the receiver from side impact and a better cover for the battery pack under the car... That's something TM and RD Logics will have to come up with... I've had the G4-E class since Oct 2003... Never had a receiver damaged due to a side impact hit.. Over all, the car is rock solid and a breeze to build since it's been updated the the Mongoose... Remember, some people will post comments about the car even though they have never owned the car... Leo V, Dennis and a few others can help if you have any question... Also, you can go to the Team Magic website for any questions you may have that you can't find or don't get here... .02

RC_Alan
Old 02-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default the pm

thanks ybslow. let me know when you hear from dennis.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally home. I'll weed through this stuff and see if I can answer some of these questions and tell you what we learned.
For those with clutch hang up issues. The flywheel has changed. If you have the flywheel that has no lip on the back by the engine it appears the edge where the flywheghts spin out is sharp and is hangine the flyweights. we ran into this a few times. we fixed it by running the engine in the car with the flywheel only installed and radiused the outer edge with a small file just a little. If you need to do this be very carefull and wear safety glasses. It only seems to be a problem with the new thick flyweights and the thin clutch shoe setup. Steering links. we had some issues with those to. (the links sliding in on the steering rods in an impact jacking up the toe, ) I had the team guys change over to Xray pivot balls and ball cups on the cars. If you need to run the 18 internal gears step up to the next size flanged bearings on the rear belt tensioner. Thats what Eric did it worked great with no belt issues

As far as performance the car handles fantastic the team just had a tough week, we had some engine issues attributed to bad fuel but we learned that the hard way. we scrapped a lot of qualifiers because of it until it was discovered.

Nick's last qualifier that was fast enough to set him 8th in the A main but the car was DQ'd for being underweight by a couple grams we chaqnged some things that put the car just underweight and we didn't even think about the fact it might put the car underweight. (the fuel I gave him took him out of 4 qualifying rounds) Eric ran good but little bugs and track altercations made it a tough week for him. I had tuning issues all week and changed to another brand of fuel for the mains. Behold my tuning issues went away but to late.

all in all we learned alot and will be addressing issues on the mongoose as we go ahead.

setup: out of the box

Mugen white springs
gear rear diff kit oil
Rear shocks all the way down
front shocks stood up
kit front steering blocks
40/42 tires and 37/42 depending on body
camber rear -4
camber front -1.5
toe 1 out
caster centered
rear toe +2

Overall the car was good but I felt the car would have been better with mugen gray springs and 50 wt oil in the shocks. I saw a little rebound chatter from being over sprung.

D

Last edited by Motorman; 02-21-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Jnims

you need the plastic reciever mount that comes in the kit the carbon ones will cause issues with glitch. (don't use the carbon one) It looks cool but you will pay for using it. Your car is the same as a mongoose but I don't know if you have the new transmission gears and clutch. In fact I would be suprised if you did because those werent out then. go to the RD site and look at the k factory option two speed set and the new clutch set and see if all the parts look like yours. If not that should be the only major difference with all the go fast parts on pauls car your car should be very close. You don't need to waterproof your reciever unless you plan to race in the rain. Our reciever is as protected as everyone elses. If someone smacks you in the side mugen serpent or mongoose its gonna leave a mark. al least ours doesn't fall off because it breaks the deck only for you to find out after you've dragged it around the track for ten laps. One of those does that.

I'll see if I can dig up the part number for you
Old 02-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default traction

hey dennis ,how was the traction at the winternats ? what body were u using ?
Old 02-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

The traction was good to high. but not as high as the nationals. I ran a parma alfa and Nick and Eric ran mazdas.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Oh yes I almost forgot we all ran the new 0505 pipe. On a short to mid range track it rocks. Killer punch and midrange. Turbo 2 is still the choice on a big track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.