Old 05-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya TGR

Hi, does anyone have one?

is it a good car?...any flaws?

thanks.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

There are five of them that race at our track and they almost always finish in the top five. Our state champ races one and most of the fast guys are switching over to one.

It handles great out of the box and the engine is fast(although it runs hot). The only thing wrong with it IMHO is the clutch which engages too early.

Let me put it this way., Parts for this car are scarce in my area but people still are switching over from the HPI RS4 Super.

Oh yeah, I have one too.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

later im gonna check out how good is the support there at the lhs supplier......hope it is well supported.....i kinda like its design....like an armored space ship like in star wars......hehe

just a thought:
if there are many of you guys there having the car, y not u ask your lhs to import and support the thing?...or u guys can import yourselves and share the costs among yourselves.....
Old 05-21-2002, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, why am i hearing that the TGR is not a TRUE 1/8 car, and it cant enter 1/8 touring races?
Old 05-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Our LHS was reluctant to support it because there were only two of them running last year. Now he might open his eyes seeing that it's more popular now.

The TGR is not a true 1/8 scale car. It is categorized as a "Super" like the HPI Super and the Kyosho FW04 Superten.