Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touring

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Touring

I am looking to get into Nitro touring. I have run elec. touring for a while and got bored with it . I am racing Elec. Oval now and love it but for a 2nd class I want to turn right again so I am in need of your alls opinion on what would be a good touring car to start Nitro racing. Easy to tune chassis, reliable easy to tune motor etc.. Thanks
Old 10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well.....mtx,710,v1rrr....all this r belt driven...i've never tried a shaft driven b4

and any range of novarossi's, rb's or OS IMO...

good hunting
Old 10-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The tc3 is a very easy car to tune. Pretty much one setup will work for just about any track. It is a shaft drive car and very easy to clean and maintain.
Any of the engines he mentioned are all great.
James
Old 10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

try an rb-v12 combined with the kyosho fw-r. tech support for both products is really good... since tuning of gp vs ep is very different i.e. low end mid end high end tuning of the engine, it is very important that you get support immediately. RB has a great website teaching how to break in and factory settings which will help you get started. the kyosho is also a shaft driven car which requires less maintenance and has the same level of support rb provides. happy racing!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Or a RODY Tuned engine on an MTX-3, VRRR, G4 or 710, but thats another story...
Old 10-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default re

Thanks guy's one more ques. which one is a no no don't buy!!!!! I 'm sure tuning a chassis on a nitro car is much different than the elec.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

The chassis tuning is very much the same with both types of cars. What kind of Electric touring car did you have? If you had the TC3, I'd suggest the NTC3. Same thing with the other MFG's. If you have no real brand preference, I'd go with either the Mugen or the HPI R40 . Parts for both are a lot cheaper then most of the other MFG's. Really depends on local parts support.

As far as engines, you might try starting with an OS TR. OS's reliability and ease of tuning are legendary.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I have had a TC3 , , HPI pro 2 ,xxx-s , and a couple of Shumacher's. I would think the wight dif. would play a factor in the tuning but I could be wrong. I have never had a nitro engin at all so thank you for your advice on the o.s.