Wiki Posts
Search

So I found this HPI Nitro RS4....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Robotech;9379211]So then you DO know SOMETHING about it. LOL QUOTE]

barely. I'm heading to my LHS after work to get some nitro cleaner so I clean the 5lbs of dirt off and hopefully tell what color the chassis is! Previous owner wasn't much of a maintenance guy...at all. looks like it will be fun once it runs, although I'm not liking the red viper body all that much
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by apexslider

barely. I'm heading to my LHS after work to get some nitro cleaner so I clean the 5lbs of dirt off and hopefully tell what color the chassis is! Previous owner wasn't much of a maintenance guy...at all. looks like it will be fun once it runs, although I'm not liking the red viper body all that much
LOL...be thankful they still make bodies for it.

I have a Super Nitro and if I tear this body I have for it up, it's done. Sucks...LOVE this car.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Robotech
Same question as the OP, what color chassis is it? What does the back of the motor say? Is it belt or shaft drive? Does it have upper arms or upper links? I can tell you which one it is from there and once you know that you can get the manuals from the links I posted above. From there, it's up to you to ask questions as for what you want to know about it.
purple chassis
motor has a 15 on it
shaft drive
upper links
and dirty as hell... looks like its an RS4 3 Evo + ??

looks like the previous owner was "creative" with the shocks and the LR upper link. I'll need to be replacing those for sure.

Last edited by apexslider; 07-12-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

purple chassis
motor has a 15 on it
shaft drive
upper links
and dirty as hell... looks like its an RS4 3 Evo + ??

looks like the previous owner was "creative" with the shocks and the LR upper link. I'll need to be replacing those for sure.
It's not an Nitro 3 Evo+ with the .15 on the back of the engine. Definately a Nitro 3 with the shaft drive (unless it's a Super Nitro Rally...but that'd be pretty obvious...) and if the head is purple and the case of the engine is silver it sounds like the original Nitro 3. The Nitro 3 Evo came with the T-15 Engine in it but from the pictures I've seen there are no decals on the roto start housing. That can always change. However, the head on that .15 is grey, not purple and the case is black...so it looks very different from the .15fe.

The other telltail marking is the exhaust header. On the Nitro 3, it was this weird looking, blocky, silver thing. On all other models of the Nitro 3, it was a traditional round, black header.

Nitro 3 with .15fe engine:

Nitro 3 Evo with T-15 engine:

Regardless, chassis is basically identical on both.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Its the bottom one for sure. So its a Nitro 3 EVO.

Last edited by apexslider; 07-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Its the bottom one for sure. So its a Nitro 3 EVO.

god i love my 3 evo. im converting it to a evo + with essentially the addition of the evo +'s 3.0t motor bc my .15 is losing compression. the lhs that i work for stocks all the parts for it. So i just keep and the only thing ive ad to change due to breakage are he dang dogbones.