Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 tyre truer adapter.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 tyre truer adapter.

I have recently purchased the 3racing automatic tyre truer together with the adaptor to enable me to fit 1/8 wheels. I can't seem to get the adaptor to tighten to a sufficient level in order to stop it spinning on the truers shaft, if I tighten it anymore the bolt is going to sheer. The adaptor is made by 3racing so should work ok. The 1/10 scale adaptor that came with the truer works fine.

Does anyone know if the Hudy adaptor will fit as I'm not going to waste my time trying to get a replacment from 3racing as it was only $13.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you can, find an Integy 1/8th scale arbor (if you are talking about Lola-body 8th scale tires). I bought one for my OFNA truer and never looked back. Only the Hudy arbor is better (but costly).
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...prod=HUD102362

Hudy.

http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...?prod=OFN20902

Ofna
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks. Can you confirm that they will all fit the 3racing truer? I'm guessing that it is a universal size?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

The best if someone can measure the inner hole diameter of hudy 1/8 adaptor and compare it with the thickness diameter of the motor shaft.

I know hudy 1/8 adaptor will fit nicely into 1/8 rims, so that's not a problem.

Will the motor shaft fits into hudy adaptor ? that's i dont know.

Ofna = 3racing = same thing.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Arnt all truers a standard 8mm shaft?
Jim I see ya in the uk, comet rc sell a h.a.r.d. racing abor for bout 17 quid!
But hudy are the best to be honest
Old 02-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Cheers jas1, I'll check em out.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JIM1
I have recently purchased the 3racing automatic tyre truer together with the adaptor to enable me to fit 1/8 wheels. I can't seem to get the adaptor to tighten to a sufficient level in order to stop it spinning on the truers shaft, if I tighten it anymore the bolt is going to sheer. The adaptor is made by 3racing so should work ok. The 1/10 scale adaptor that came with the truer works fine.

Does anyone know if the Hudy adaptor will fit as I'm not going to waste my time trying to get a replacment from 3racing as it was only $13.

Thanks.
Just experienced the exact same issue as described above. Has anyone confirmed whether arbors from other manufacturers (Hudy) can be used on the 3racing unit?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Just experienced the exact same issue as described above. Has anyone confirmed whether arbors from other manufacturers (Hudy) can be used on the 3racing unit?
I had the exact same issue. What I did was use a pair of vice grips to help squeeze the arbor then tighten the 3mm screw at the same time. I agree it is a problem but this might get you going. I love the truer other than that.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
I had the exact same issue. What I did was use a pair of vice grips to help squeeze the arbor then tighten the 3mm screw at the same time. I agree it is a problem but this might get you going. I love the truer other than that.
hand held vice grips? didn't know how to get my actual vice to the truer...hand held pliers obviously were not doing the job.

In any case, I accidentally ruined the threads on the 3racing arbor and would like to know whether a Hudy one would fit?

thx!!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
hand held vice grips? didn't know how to get my actual vice to the truer...hand held pliers obviously were not doing the job.

In any case, I accidentally ruined the threads on the 3racing arbor and would like to know whether a Hudy one would fit?

thx!!
Yes I used hand held vice grips. I'm not sure if a Hudy arbor would fit or not. The diameter is probably the same, but I don't remember if it squeezes on or has a flat spot with a set screw. maybe someone can enlighten
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, the Hudy tire truer adapter will fit any brand tire truer!

here: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...prod=HUD102362
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default solution

Hello Jim,
I have the 3racing tire truer and had the same problem.
I fixed it by just adding a bit more gap at the adapter with the dremel so I can now tighten it more.