Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed finding a part for my N-TC3

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help needed finding a part for my N-TC3

HI, i have a nitro tc3, its one way bearing in the pull start keeps slipping, i can clean it and the part of the crank shaft it fits onto and itll work for a little while then starts slipping again.

**i would assume its time to replace it but i want to be sure as it seems wierd when i clean it it works perfect for one run then slips again.**

i cant find this part anywhere on towerhobbies or at my local hobby store is there another oneway bearing i can use thatll work. or do any of you know a relieghable place i can order this part.

this car is all stock its a .15

Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Find the NTC3 manual and get a part number for the bearing or complete assembly. Use google keyword: NTC3 part#

Losipartshouse.com, http://www.tpracing.com and plenty of other online webstores have NTC3 parts still instock. Without a part # you'll have a hard time finding anything.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

i looked at their site and parts list and did a page search after not finding it by just looking, i searched for one way bearing and all sorts of other stuff, i cant find it on the parts list.

would you say it needs replaced as like i said it works great if i clean it for a run, but then slips again, im wondering if maybe its jsut oil getting in there and making it not grab well.

but yeah i cant find the part number anywhere....
Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

1-way bearing w/hub part#2288

you want to purchase a 1-way bearing oil too part#1680 it's made by Serpent Motorsport. If your LHS doesn't have it you can order it from Kamikaze Toys & Hobbies 562-483-4422 Mon to Fri 10AM to 6PM Sat 10AM to 5PM Sunday CLOSED Pacific time.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

only thing i find that is called a one way at all is part#2288 which is a two speed one-way hub and thats when i use the page search feature and search for one-way. is it maybe called something stupid, i wouldnt think so.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sedan4life
1-way bearing w/hub part#2288

you want to purchase a 1-way bearing oil too part#1680 it's made by Serpent Motorsport. If your LHS doesn't have it you can order it from Kamikaze Toys & Hobbies 562-483-4422 Mon to Fri 10AM to 6PM Sat 10AM to 5PM Sunday CLOSED Pacific time.
is that the same one-way as the pullstart one-way, that sucks they dont jsut sell the bearing as i dont need the hub. thanks though i saw that one but only wanted the one-way and the picture doesnt show you the bearing so i couldnt tell if it would work for my pullstart. they should list it seperately as a one-way pullstart bearing as well, as i assume that ones for the transmission
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Is this the one you're looking for?
This is the Replacment One-Way Bearing Set for the Associated .15 Engine. This mounts to the Starter Shaft and is inserted into the Pull Starter.

Can be seen here:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAYY5&P=7
Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

haha thanks man i looked that part number up that tower had as the manu part number on that link, yes that is exactly what i need.

much thanks

props to you man, thanks again.

i thought it seemed dumb to buy a one-way hub for the transmission to use as a one-way for my pullstart, though it may have worked if you removed the hub, seemed wierd.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Just buy a used bump starter box..
Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jay7
Just buy a used bump starter box..
ive thought about that.... i dont run my cars or truck very often though im mainly a chopper and plane guy, this is just something for my son to play with. ill let him make the call on that one if he wants to spend his money on it.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

ok we got it fixed, of course our LHS didnt have a one-way as its an older car, so my son opted for a tiger drive for $25 and i cut off a allen wrench that fits into a drill, fired right up. hes been out beating the crap out of it most of the day today, i forgot how fast little 1/10 cars are.

because of the way the engine sits i didnt think wed find a electric start kit, but this aims straight up in the air, perfect fit for his car.