Wiki Posts
Search

Ts-4n

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Ts-4n

I am looking at getting a nitro tourer, and it looks like a decent car... Looking at the Pro version, anyone running one ?
Old 09-20-2001, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Anybody ... ? Any thoughts... any concerns... doe the car suck.. is it ok... I have not read too much about it.. but the Pro version looked like a good deal.....
Old 10-04-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't think many people have this car because of the lack of parts at there LHS. I was going to buy this car but than I compared it to the OB4 (non RTR). There are about the same for hop ups, but the way the car is layed out on the OB4 is a bit better than TS-4n. Go with what car your LHS supports or you might be stuck for a couple of weeks waiting for some piece that may keep you from racing. Serpent impulse, and yokomo GT4 are also good cars.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Dan....

I have no problem with the parts... And I just like to be different.
I have explored the different cars, I was just looking for some comments on this one.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Ohh... and BTW every try to get Serpent parts ? sometimes easy.. Often not so easy, because Serpent USA is backordered themselves.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

warning thunder tiger sucks!

soft plastic peices

tank WILL i repeat WILL BREAK the pressure nosle that feeds the tank breaks from the inside.

stay away from ts4n
Old 10-05-2001, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks OZZY... is that the Pro version.. or the RTR, I understand they do not share that many parts.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

I heard not that long ago that th ts-4n handles pretty good when set up. Im not shure how durable the car is though. But it should'ent matter if you don't crash alot. If it's not that durable just stock up on the parts that break or wear out the most.
Im the only guy at my track that runs an OB4 better yet an Ofna.
Old 10-06-2001, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Dan.. ... I have been very happy with other TT products that I have owned. The only thing that concerned me was nobody was repling to my posts... Thanks for your input.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

im sorry i didn't reply but i seriously have a thing against thundertiger. my local hobby shop stocks it (is the distributer) and they push this product onto each newbie that walks into the door. it's a good shop but the selfish money grabbing tactics they use are disgusting. they stock heaps of thundertiger stuff and very little products by other brands. subsequently they sell thundertigers to the unknowing newbie which later has the problems of;

-broken fuel tank,
-crappy motor
-weak peices,
-low quality belts
-soft pivot ball connectors
and a whole raft of problems i don't even know about. these newbies then are brought into the hobby believing nitro cars are always this tempramental and anoying. they subsequently leave the hobby or forget about it. in the meantime the hobbyshop has made a fortune this sucks. a friend of mine has a ts4n. nothing but problems, never raced it. and sice day one has had probs.
if you are new to the hobby get either a;

-HPI(sure the hpi sucks big time when it comes to stock stadard form (if i compare it to a ob4, NEO or mugen) but it is super strong, easy to drive, set up and parts are easy to get. i never broke a part on my rs42 besides the bumperbar.
-kyosho (stay away from the standard engine on some of these cars though. they are really crappy)
-ob4 (has some problems but people in the usa seem to have success with it). the rear diff has a problem and the front bumper seems like a weak design

-id recomend NEO but the usa distributer (megatech) doesn't sell the real thing. they sell a weird crappy "only for the usa" type car which stinks
***your safest bet is to buy a hpi, learn with it then upgrade to a pro level car.***
if you have already had experience with electric i guess you are more than ready for something like a mugen serpent or.... ehem NEO
Old 10-07-2001, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Ozzy,

is that that Pro version or the RTR ?

I can understand issues with RTR cars, I cannot explain a greedy Local Shop.

I have heard bad things about HPI... I am not big fan.
Neo, like u said is a little odd here....

I am not looking for a recommendation for another car.. I woul dlike to know how the TS-4N PRO is... not the ready to run kit.

Thanks for your input
Old 10-07-2001, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

I found you a good place to ask questions on the car go to www.acehobby.com and go to their fourm

Good luck on finding info on the car
Old 10-07-2001, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

a bloke at the local track has just entered the hobby with a all carbon graphite fully hopped up thunder tiger with a novacx12. i'll tell you how he goes/problems he may have.

(what i do know is that thundertigers tend to strip the rear belt with hi pow engines. try soaking the rear belt in shock oil for a full day or 2 (48 hours) or more. this might stop it from breaking.)

good luck