youtube.com2011 Nationals at CONTROLFREAK
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

www.youtube.com 2011 Nationals at CONTROLFREAK
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Results and Podium Pictures

Wow! What a great event! Thank you to everyone at Controlfreakz that helped run the race. Enough can not be said about the facility and great track crew. Congratulations to Paolo for taking victory in 1/8th scale with his Novarossi powered S966 and congratulations to DJ in 1/10th scale with his Novarossi powered Cap C01!! Hope to see everyone next year.

1/8th Scale:
1. Morganti (S966/Novarossi)
2. Tosolini (C801/Capricorn)
3. Desoto Jr (C801/Novarossi)
4. Taskila (C801/Novarossi)
5. Zuccarell

1/10th Scale:
1. Apolaro (C01/Novarossi)
2. Lemieux
3. Gray
4. Xavier
5. Baker

1/8th Masters:
1. Desoto Sr (S966/Novarossi)
2. Carl Smart (S966/Novarossi)
3. Louis
4. Larry
5. St Cyr
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What a great week of racing!

Thanks to all the crew at ControlFreakz that made it possible.

We would like to thank RCAmerica, Drew and Diatta for all the help and support throughout the week.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default nationals report

Originally Posted by mikemyers
It's amazing how little interest there seems to be in forum discussions. It's now Monday, and in past years, depending on the race, there would be tons of comments both here and on SGRID.

No list of winners, no list of how people did, and not even the winner of masters.

I know that forums are losing ground compared to social networking sites, but maybe it's all over for them. When I did a search last night, I couldn't find anything about how this race went, other than how some people qualified. Oh well. I tried on the liverc site, and didn't see it there either. Maybe the discussions were on liverc while the race was going on, and not saved for people to read later.

A fried of mine said to ignore it - the people who are interested in the race are those who were at the race. Maybe he was right.

Where did everybody go?
You are right mike , onroad gets no coverage . I can give some details of the race for the people who didnt make it . First of all we got only 1 day of practice and 3 quals instead of 6 because of rain . Despite all the rain Roar ,kenny , and his crew got the race in .
Now to the racing . The track for the most part was easy to drive but for some of the top drivers in the country it was amazing to see they crash so much . No names mentioned but at least 3 top drivers crashed many times in their quals and mains . In 15 years i have never seen this from the pro's . Local driver yari taskila qualified second with 3 23 lap runs .
1/8TH A main : paolo with the serpent 966 ,takes the lead from the start , tosolini with the capricorn ,in second . Tosos body body gets hung up and comes in to get it fixed . Joaquin junior takes second but toso upset about the having to come in kicks in the after burners turning 12.7, 12.8,12.9 second lap times to paolos 13.0, 13.1,13.2 . Few minutes later toso passes joaquin and starts to close in on paolo . Toso a few feet behind paolo , gets called into pits a second too late forcing toso to pass pit lane then running out of fuel . They get him started and back on track taking second back from joaquin . Joaquin and yari battle for 3rd with yari coming a few feet from joaquin when his car hit the wall ( think tires were too low) .
1/10 th A main : paul limeux was in the lead for 1st half of race with dj a few feet behind him and barry baker with the new mtx5 in 3rd . I marshalled this race and every lap paul and dj were same distance . Paul then traction rolled causeing dj to take the lead but at one point barry was also in the lead . Once again in this main pro drivers crashing into boards and also traction rolling . Dj takes the win .

Some mention has to go to some drivers that cars were good just had some bad luck :

brian bt thomas from cali got his car dialed but broke out of the semis .ralphiel angulo from florida getting the bump from the semis to the a main . michael palazzolo ( with tony p. the man behind the car ) car looking real good but some bad luck in the semis someone hit and broke his car .My friend vidal neris cappelan who i believe had the best working 1/8th scale with one of the best clutches at the event . Gael lambre running strong locally all year puts his car in the a main with big boys ! craig xavier from maryland he is so quite you dont even know he is at the event until you see him in the a main . Rick pinard for making a special trip in to pit for paolo you are the man ( can we get some more bread please ) lol .

To wrap it up , congrats to everyone who stayed and raced this nats . We fought off rain,humidity , mud, mosquitos, boredom, and bees. Till next year im out ! mini z here i come !
Old 09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First off I would like to Thank Mother Nature for letting us get the race in. Kenny Ives and his crew did an outstanding job at this race. His staff worked long hours to do whatever was needed to help the racers. The ROAR management team led by Bob Ingersoll also did an excellent job of keeping everyone informed and running a great schedule.

Thanks to my travel partners Jim Rice and Martin Johnson for the laughs and great team work. To Greg and Bryan Esser thanks for all the stories. If anyone gets a chance they need to take Bryan to dinner. He will make you laugh! Chuck Moon and Bobby Horan thanks for the help and extra thanks to Chuck for the body.

For anyone who questions the Xray RX8 Clutch. I ran the same shoe for all my practice runs, 3 qualifiers, a 20 minute main and a 30 minute main and it still looks great!

Thanks to all the Xray crew for the entertainment. It's always fun watching these guys work and drive there cars.

And lastly Congrats to all the Winners:

D.J. In Sedan, Joaquin in masters and Paolo in 1/8th. One thing in common. They are all from Florida! Florida had 3 drivers in the Sedan Final, 4 in the Masters and 4 in the 1/8th. The FORGASS Series was well represented at the Nats.

See you all soon!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Opps almost forgot.

Here is a link to some pics I took. Please forgive me for some of them as I am not a professional. They are uploading now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry62

Thanks to Jeff Z's wife for taking some pics of the Masters class while I was racing.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to everyone that made this race happen. It was a great event even with the weather. Congrats to all the winners.

A big thanks goes out to the Xray USA Team for showing up and working hard.

Thanks Drew
Old 09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newera152
the link aint working
Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
the link aint working
Searching for "2011 Nationals at ControlFreak" on YouTube isn't working either...
Old 09-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

These Nationals were most definitely an event to remember.....Congratulations to Paolo Morganti for his TQ and win in 1/8th open, to Paul Lemieux in 1/10th sedan, and Joaquin Desoto in the masters class.

My sincere thanks to Richie Siriano for pitting for me all week and to Paolo Morganti for the help in the pits during my main......Thank you guys !
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

go to youtobe and put this in 2045 09042011nat0011 and you will see the video
Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Default video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hlkBRtxEWJw
Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dlarry
Opps almost forgot.

Here is a link to some pics I took. Please forgive me for some of them as I am not a professional. They are uploading now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry62

Thanks to Jeff Z's wife for taking some pics of the Masters class while I was racing.
Thanks for the pictures!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.