Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2011  Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut >

2011 Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut

2011 Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut

Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bluer322
Pooh, I run off road and on-road and the cost for off-road is not like this, and on top of that, what about the people that are flying in like me $250 for my flight plus hotel etc. I don't think its right to charge so much, its like those people who charge $4 for hot dog at the track, they do it because they know they can.
I'm very happy that the Nationals will be hosted by region 1. For ALL out there who may not know about Controlfreakz track, let be the first to say it is a really nice track. From what I know and hear, alot of hard work and money have gone into the track. Some people spend millons and never find happiness, but racing here is priceless . Guys you will not be disappointed .
Old 07-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bluer322
Pooh, I run off road and on-road and the cost for o its like those people who charge $4 for hot dog at the track, they do it because they know they can.
That is not the case with Control freaks. They put lots of hard work into the track. This is why there are very few RC tracks in the United States. STOP BEING CHEAP!!! Lol

Let's just race and have fun.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dont get this, people want imaculate tracks with loads of traction, covered pit space, and well ran event. Yet they want all this for free. Unfortunately RC on road tracks cost money to build and maintain. We are lucky that we have what few traks we do have, stop complaining and support the people that allow us to have tracks. Hell, we spend $30-$40 a set of tires without blinking an eye, but some complain about the track fees. SMH!! You cant have your cake and eat it too. Are the nationals expensive for the the average racer? You bet! But then RC racing is a luxury, and luxuries cost money.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I dont get this, people want imaculate tracks with loads of traction, covered pit space, and well ran event. Yet they want all this for free. Unfortunately RC on road tracks cost money to build and maintain. We are lucky that we have what few traks we do have, stop complaining and support the people that allow us to have tracks. Hell, we spend $30-$40 a set of tires without blinking an eye, but some complain about the track fees. SMH!! You cant have your cake and eat it too. Are the nationals expensive for the the average racer? You bet! But then RC racing is a luxury, and luxuries cost money.
I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also agree!
Not sure why people think it should be cheap or free. If someone complaining here knows of a way to run a national event for less cost, I invite them to do it next year with THEIR own money. We can all show up at their track and practice for free! oh yes, thanks in advance for your hospitality! Where is your track located?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where there is a will, there is a way !!! Make your car comfortable , drive to the nats , eat connecticut chinese food only, sleep in your vehicle all throughout the event, this way you save on airfare cost , hotel cost, food cost , and hopefully will be able to pay the RACE FEES !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default track cost

As a track owner (kissimmee r/c raceway) that has ran a nationals before the charge is not out of line IMO.
The 85.00 goes to ROAR not Kenny and does not pay him anything for pit spots.
He gets basically x amount of dollars out of the 85 per head. Where he has to make sure he doesn't loose his shirt is to get as many sponsors as possible (with this economy everyone is tight) and pit spaces. The tables, chairs and tent, air compressor, paint, etc aren't or weren't given to him for free I am sure.
Look at what we spend if a one-way goes bad or countless other parts for that matter. Let's keep our tracks alive. California is a good example to what can happen. No tracks at all.

Kevin Hutchinson
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Originally Posted by spdmkr
As a track owner (kissimmee r/c raceway) that has ran a nationals before the charge is not out of line IMO.
The 85.00 goes to ROAR not Kenny and does not pay him anything for pit spots.
He gets basically x amount of dollars out of the 85 per head. Where he has to make sure he doesn't loose his shirt is to get as many sponsors as possible (with this economy everyone is tight) and pit spaces. The tables, chairs and tent, air compressor, paint, etc aren't or weren't given to him for free I am sure.
Look at what we spend if a one-way goes bad or countless other parts for that matter. Let's keep our tracks alive. California is a good example to what can happen. No tracks at all.

Kevin Hutchinson
I agree and that's why I will pay the money but I do expect to get value for my money. Other tracks have managed to put on great Nats without these fees so I expect to get even more from this one. If they pull it off, I'll be the first to congratulate them on the hard work. Fail to deliver and I will probably never go there again.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Where there is a will, there is a way !!! Make your car comfortable , drive to the nats , eat connecticut chinese food only, sleep in your vehicle all throughout the event, this way you save on airfare cost , hotel cost, food cost , and hopefully will be able to pay the RACE FEES !!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me feel lucky I only live an hour and twenty minutes away.

And for all the people who feel they're being ripped off by a facility they haven't even been to or heard of before, just get up here. It's a great facility. Totally worth it.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Plane ticket,rental,hotel,Roar sign up & ready
look forward to attending this race & most of all to supporting the track see ya on the 20th Kenny
Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I agree and that's why I will pay the money but I do expect to get value for my money. Other tracks have managed to put on great Nats without these fees so I expect to get even more from this one. If they pull it off, I'll be the first to congratulate them on the hard work. Fail to deliver and I will probably never go there again.
Agreed. I haven't seen anyone complain about the cost of the nationals. the complaint is for the cost of practice.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Agreed. I haven't seen anyone complain about the cost of the nationals. the complaint is for the cost of practice.
Right its not about the cost of the Nationals its the practice. But I see some other points too. The hell with it LETS RACE !
Old 07-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I disagree. You will have 7 hours to practice a day at $2.85 per hour, a total of $20 a day. The facility has a large covered pit area, a large open pit area, elevated pit lane, 25 foot high driver stand (also covered), two 25 inch colored LCD monitors in pit lane, power, and much more . Remember this is a sport you all love. Just come down and be a part of this great event in the North East. Show region 1 your support, you will love racing here .
Old 07-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Hi racers,

Just to let you know, since I have been to the track. Your cost for going to this event will be less over all than most other tracks when you think abut tire wear alone. You can run almost all day on 1 sets of tires depending on how you true them. In sedan I started at 59.5 Rear and 58 Fronts and used them for 3 to 4 runs. In 1/8 scale I started with 72 rears with me 7 split and ran around the same. Just rotate them as you go back on the track. You will use less than half of the tires you normally run and that is a big savings. AT least 40 to 60 dollars a day just in tires. We have all been to track that you need a fresh set every time you hit the pavement, now thats expensive.

See everyone there,

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hi racers,

Just to let you know, since I have been to the track. Your cost for going to this event will be less over all than most other tracks when you think abut tire wear alone. You can run almost all day on 1 sets of tires depending on how you true them. In sedan I started at 59.5 Rear and 58 Fronts and used them for 3 to 4 runs. In 1/8 scale I started with 72 rears with me 7 split and ran around the same. Just rotate them as you go back on the track. You will use less than half of the tires you normally run and that is a big savings. AT least 40 to 60 dollars a day just in tires. We have all been to track that you need a fresh set every time you hit the pavement, now thats expensive.

See everyone there,

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ
What shore did you run in 1/8?
Does Kenny stock any Capricorn parts?

Last edited by bmclean; 07-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.