Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
i need help with my hyper 8 port race!!!please help!!! >

i need help with my hyper 8 port race!!!please help!!!

i need help with my hyper 8 port race!!!please help!!!

Old 09-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default i need help with my hyper 8 port race!!!please help!!!

hi i have a super nitro with a hyper 8 port race i have a really short header and a small pipe (little bit smaller than the rc 10 gt pipe) it suppose to give me a very high end but my question is how far down can you go down on the master needle the motor is running at a temp of 160% and the highend needle is out only 2 turns should i lean it more? i dont want to damage the motor or shorten the life on it either please help
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would check that temp with another temp gauge... Also, what is the outside temp in your area? 160* is to cold for a engine temp... 200* for that motor is ok... Are you getting alot of fuel coming out of the stinger on your pipe??? There's alot of things you left out with your question. How is the performance with the carb settings the way they are right now??? And lastly, are you sure the high speed needle is only 2 turns out from close??? Check your needle settings again, both high speed and low speed and write them down, check and see if they are close to what the manufacture's settings are. Post back with these questions answered and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction and have you up and running in no time...

RC_Alan
Old 09-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default hyper 8 port race

the temp here in florida is always between 85% and 100% i dont see fuel coming out but there is plenty of smoke coming out of the pipe,with the carb settings i have right now the motor runs like a champ dosent get tyerd, i just want to lean it down as far as i can , the needles, lowend is at factory and the highend is out only 2 turns please help

Last edited by juan; 09-29-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, if your motor runs like a champ and everything looks fine, I would leave it where it is... You can lean it some if you want... I would still check the temp with another temp gauge just to make sure the temps you're getting are correct. If you do lean it some, lean the top needle 1 hr at a time. Run the motor hard and bring it in and check the temp... You'll know real quick if you have your motor to lean....

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-29-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default hyper 21 8 port

the motor is running great im out only 1.5 turns out on topend i think im leaving it there the temp is only at 170% i cheacked it with three temp guns