R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Help! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/522028-help.html)

Im2fast4You 06-10-2011 07:41 AM

Help!

Hey Guys I have HPI RS4 RTR 3 Evo+, when I turn the car on I feel like the car wants to take off and than it turn off by itself. If you have any idea of whats going on and how I can address the problem please let me know. Im new at this so I do not have a lot of knowledge working with the needles. so please be specific as possible. thank You!

JJBinks 06-10-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Im2fast4You (Post 9236156)
Hey Guys I have HPI RS4 RTR 3 Evo+, when I turn the car on I feel like the car wants to take off and than it turn off by itself. If you have any idea of whats going on and how I can address the problem please let me know. Im new at this so I do not have a lot of knowledge working with the needles. so please be specific as possible. thank You!

Sent you a PM

Roelof 06-10-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by JJBinks (Post 9236196)
Sent you a PM

What is the use of a forum if we only send PM's ?
Just write down your help so others can read it in the future as well.

DJ_Shakespear 06-10-2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 9236519)

That's right!!

But if JJBinks sent him what I think he sent, it would be that the clutch spring has broken and is engaging the clutch on idle.

JJBinks 06-11-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 9236519)

I understand how to use/ the purpose a forum however I didnt think this user would like to share their personal phone number with the public. so I sent him a pm and offered to call them to help out as that would be easier in this case to explain. It would be much easier for me to help by talking to them.

Hence the point of PM's

Thanks

If I tell them something specific that is easy to understand in a written form I will post it.

JJBinks 06-11-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear (Post 9239403)
That's right!!

But if JJBinks sent him what I think he sent, it would be that the clutch spring has broken and is engaging the clutch on idle.

If that were the case when you set the car on the ground and stopped it with your foot or the brakes it would shut off immediately since the clutch would be engaged.

However I sent a pm for this users phone number to call and help.

It is more of an idle screw problem, the inching forward. and also needed some tuning issues resolved.

jeeprnovru 06-12-2011 06:19 PM

every time ive seen this it turned out to be bad clutchbell bearings