Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$$$ Mugen MTX Need your advise

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default $$$ Mugen MTX Need your advise

Getting ready to dive deep into the wallet. Going to buy Mugen MTX 3, I need advice on what motor, servos, and all the tricked out parts. MONEY IS NO OBJECT! I don't want to get to the track and see something I should of bought. I know there is the driving skill issue, that's why I have to have the baddest of the bad. Thanks for any help. Joered
Old 10-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

I would buy the Mugen Pro-Spec,Mugen X-12 motor and a Airtronics M-8.This is a pretty expensive setup but this would be an excellent setup.The Pro-Spec comes with pretty much all the important hop-ups in the box.The motor in my opinion is the fastest stock motor you can buy.Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default MTX 3; Money no Object

I agree completely. Maybe a Futaba 3pk radio with HRS receiver and (2) Futaba 9451 digital servos for steering and throttle. The Pro spec has almost everything needed.

Additions:

Kawahara belt tensioner
Kawahara rear sway bar combination
Kawahara rear body mount / made for neg. diff
( the neg diff is not needed )
Kawahara 5th body post plate

These are additions I have added to my kit.

Make sure to purchase a pinion gear tool to help remove pinions. If you race on different track, small, medium, and large, gearing is a must.

I have (4) clutch bells with different gearing of pinions and I have 3 sets of 1st and 2nd spur gear housings that have all combinations of spurs for any situation. 58,59,60 spurs for 1st gear and 52,53,54 for 2nd. I can change gearing within minutes if car is sluggish or not performing best. You can use Kawahara or 3 Racing housings for 1st or 2nd. I don't mix the two. All 3 Racing or All Kawahara.

Best of luck!

bighurt