Hudy or EDS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

HAHAHA.. GO TO EDS ONLY OK BEB!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

this is why i regretted to have bought both mugen n hudy's.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regret?

Just put those on the for sale items.
You'll sell those in no time!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Not true. I replace it with an EDS tip... same freaking tip... 1/4 the price.

It is not the same tip.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Hudy is the only way to go for tools. I been though a lot of tools in my 20+ years of Rc Racing. The only other tool that comes close is MIP Thorps but the tips are none replaceable so if you break it or wear it out your spending 15-20 to buy another.

Also being a mechanic for a living I know all tools wear out. Its how they perform before they wear out that makes them good or not.

IMO Hudy is the Snap-on of RC..
Old 06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thorp tools are the original tools, period. And you don't throw them away when they get dull. You send them to MIP for resharpening!

I was at Lowest today and laughed to myself when looking at tools: wrenched, pliers, screw drivers etc. Let's be honest folks, RC products are overpriced. I know, the stuff at Lowes is made in Asia...but there was a very nice 5 piece pliers set for 14.95. All I could think was the fact that you could not buy one hudy driver for this price. We have done it to ourselves. We all spend for the pricey stuff. I was reminded of this again when I was at the hobby shop to by a $50 one way bearing for my mrx5 two speed. this simply isnt a $50 object, I don't care who tries to justify it.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Thorp tools are the original tools, period. And you don't throw them away when they get dull. You send them to MIP for resharpening!

I was at Lowest today and laughed to myself when looking at tools: wrenched, pliers, screw drivers etc. Let's be honest folks, RC products are overpriced. I know, the stuff at Lowes is made in Asia....
+1 on the Thorpe / MIP Although I have one with a broken tip and was told that they don't do replacements.

LOL forget Lowes, Harbor Freight!

Really, I only get the tools from the hobby shop only if it is specific for the task, like curved lexan scissors or glow plug wrenches and such. Yes the Thorpes and Hudy are a good investment, but why pay extra for simple phillips, flatheads and a needle nose? Some of the nut drivers that are hobby oriented are worthwhile because they have a narrow wall vs. general purposes ones that have a thicker wall which doesn't fit into tight spots like wheel nuts on some wheels.

I think the reason why people spend money on these tool sets is mostly for the cool factor. It looks nice when you're in the pits with a tool bag full of matching tools all organized in a pouch than a bunch of mis-matched tools in a tool tray.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

MIP does not offer the re-sharping service anymore. The cost of this plus shipping is more than buying a new one. But I have a set of Mip drivers and they have some of the hardest tips I've seen. But I have to admit; just the name Hudy is pronounced QUALITY WITH A PRICE

Pass you soon...
Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

one of the best driver's i've owned was the mugen seiki range. i've used hudy eds, integy and mugen, all were good quality and all of my 2mm driver's got worn out the quickest...because it was used the most. just buy a new one every so often, or get a driver which has a long hexed section (like the mugens) and when they wear out cut them down to get to the new unused section of the hex works a treat and saves you $10 to $15 dollars

from my experience i found that the thicker the actual key shaft the less chance of hex head stripping i had.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Wow very interesting
Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well between the 966, DM-1 & SLASH the EDS tools seem to be doing great and like to thank you guys for all the feedback been very helpful
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
It is not the same tip.
Lol, coulda fooled me... i will go off what Ed says... who used to design for Hudy....
Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Lol, coulda fooled me... i will go off what Ed says... who used to design for Hudy....
Ed never designed anything for Hudy. Hudy was a company that was around before Ed even got involved with RC. Ed use to run Serpent America that was the company that brought the product in before RCAmerica.

So let me get this right Ed from EDS tools told you DLewis that the tips are made at the same place and that he designed tools for Hudy? I know Ed, so next time I will ask him about this and also let him know that things are being posted about him that are not true.

This is the problem with rctech there is no truth. It is filled with idiots that think they know everything.

Drew
Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

It is filled with idiots that think they know everything.

Drew
Look who's calling the kettle black
Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

This is the problem with rctech there is no truth. It is filled with idiots that think they know everything.

Drew
I agree100% Drew.

Now it's just a place for keyboard racers to vent I guess. SMH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.