TM's G4 to be RD Logics New Car...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TM's G4 to be RD Logics New Car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TM's G4 to be RD Logics New Car...

Just came back from The ROAR Western Reg's and the word is that The TM G4 is to be RD Logics new car.. RD Logics was running the car at there race at Revelation RC-way in SoCal last weekend and I raced the car at the Roar Reg this weekend... Looks like the G4 will get a new lease on life here in the States... and from what I've seen from the Peeps that want to drive the car, only good things are ahead for this car...

RC_Alan
Old 10-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes it is true. parts and kits are in.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Motorman... That's some great news... I've had the car for about 1 year now and I can't say enough good things about the car... I have a MTX3 Prospec as well and switched back to the G4, guys at the track asked why??? Well my track times improved 1.5 sec per lap with the G4 while running the new steerng system and the new Gears... Gears that most guys here in the States don't know about and don't have... Wish I could get alittle support for the car if possible... and if you have any questions about the car, feel free to ask me or PM me... I'm in SoCal in the Long Beach area...

RC_Alan
Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

maybe after having my g4 up on the auction block all summer and no buyers maybe now i can just keep it. Since not having raced the car in over one year, are there any better shocks for it? Or is RD considering fixing those?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by tomkelley
maybe after having my g4 up on the auction block all summer and no buyers maybe now i can just keep it. Since not having raced the car in over one year, are there any better shocks for it? Or is RD considering fixing those?
Some people running yoks SD (EP) shocks down here..
Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 AM

Originally posted by rc_alan
I've had the car for about 1 year now and I can't say enough good things about the car...
Glad to see you still around with the G4. I must have mistakenly though you are the one who filled to many complains about the car over the G4 forums
Old 10-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

The shocks are fine, you just need bladders from Mugen or Ofna, etc....
Old 10-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

tomkelley... As Kmac posted is correct... RC Logics also did something I did awhile back while testing the car. The shocks black O-ring should not be used and just use the bladder instead. I still would switch to a more durable bladder just to be safe...

Pyramid... Sir you correct.. Loved the car but hate to be down in the pits due to that slidder steering setup... See, you can get TM's attention when you post here on RCTech... The new steering fix is out and I couldn't be more happier.... Switched back to the G4 and my MTX3 Prospec is being sold this weekend...

RC_Alan
Old 10-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

What i hated about the shocks was when you wanted to adjust the shock collar, the threads for the cap would come loose. I have yokomo ones, that'll fix it.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

there is a fix too stop the cap coming undone when you move the collar. take the collar off the shock body, remove the o ring, side the o ring over a hudy allen wrench or something similar and cut the o ring to half its size, and i mean so the o ring is still intact. put it back together, now should be easier to turn but not too loose that it will move while on the car
Old 10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Pyramid
Some people running yoks SD (EP) shocks down here..
Who are these people?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Leo ran a set of mugen shocks on his car. we had a discussion about the shortcommings of the shock and clutch right out of the gate. The k factory clutch parts address the clutch situation well and we will be discussing the shock with tm to see what can be done. by all means scrap the cap orings and install a set of gs bladders from the git go. the collar oring issue is an easy one they just need to cut the groove .15 to .2mm deeper all the way around to drop the tension slightly. I certainley will be taking a hard look at how to improve the steering setup even if we have to release our own setup more similar to a serpent or mugen.

when I first saw the car Cyrul was running one and I really was impressed with how hooked it was all the time. I just could not get over having to deal with the parts issue. I had a splashett switchblade and broke a chassis component. I finally gave up trying to get a part for it and made my own part. And we have a good pro hobby shop in town.(if they cant get it you don't need it) I vowed I would never put myself in that position again.

when the opportunity came along to acquire the car we jumped at it.

Last edited by Motorman; 10-04-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dennis, why the G4? Is it more durable than the 710?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

First let me say they all speak for themselves and all of them can be spectacular and awfull depending on your abilities and your weekend. No question all these companies all build capable winners.(anyone who that tells you one is more capable than the other at this stage of rc car racing is kiddin themselves, HPI proved it here twice) Some definately have the advantage of sheer numbers based on their corporate histories and past rc car performers. meaning they win alot.

so in saying that it means RD Logics=
no Serpent
no Mugen
no Associated
no HPI
no Kyosho
all of these were a non option for obvious reasons. given that

This left us two options for an out of the gate performer without having to design and test a completly new car. (trust me we have our hands full right now)

The G4 or Schumacher. G4 was the only realistic option that may be available to us and we felt it has been greatly disserviced given its limited use here in the USA. So we sent a rep to TM to make a deal.

Decision was easy

Last edited by Motorman; 10-04-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Trinity has their version of the G4, so the car that RD is bringing in be considered a RD G4, their own version or just an G4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.