Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team Shepherd America >

Team Shepherd America

Team Shepherd America

Old 07-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Yep. What we have noticed from the start is that the cars has far better corner entry behavior, more ballanced overall due to changed distributed weights.
That would be nice to have. I've been fighting that on the track (Corner Entry)
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJBinks
That would be nice to have. I've been fighting that on the track (Corner Entry)
Need more or less?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Need more or less?
More
Old 07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Raise the rear lower arms. Trust me, it works brilliantly. Most people run them all the way down. Works good at some tracks but raising them will give a LOT more off power turn-in.

Also, try a body mounted more forward.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Raise the rear lower arms. Trust me, it works brilliantly. Most people run them all the way down. Works good at some tracks but raising them will give a LOT more off power turn-in.

I will give that a try. Did you do this on an Eleven or an earlier model?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

I just got the 11, haven't run it yet. Been running an 09/10 for a while.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Sorry Sean, I do not fully agree
By raising the rear lower arms you will take grip away with a result that the car has an easy turn-in. By mounting the body more to the front you will shift the downforce sweetpoint also to the front, again creating more steering. Overall this will result in a nervous car.

What can be done. Corner entry has for a part something to do with initial shock reaction and roll-center. Try 2 holes (1mm) with 600 Oil and raise the rear of the front upper A-arms. You will be stunned by the result of these small changes.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

By raising the rear lower arms you will take grip away with a result that the car has an easy turn-in. By mounting the body more to the front you will shift the downforce sweetpoint also to the front, again creating more steering. Overall this will result in a nervous car.

What can be done. Corner entry has for a part something to do with initial shock reaction and roll-center. Try 2 holes (1mm) with 600 Oil and raise the rear of the front upper A-arms. You will be stunned by the result of these small changes.
This information makes sense. What car have you used this on? the Eleven?

I plan to take an entire day and spend it at the track changing smal things to understand all their affects one at a time so I can be better prepared when I travel to a new track. I will have to try both of these changes and see what works for me.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Lord

By raising the rear lower arms you will take grip away with a result that the car has an easy turn-in.
This is not entirely true but believe it if you wish. Whatever works for you.

The other adjustments you mentioned are good but for me, often not enough. I like a car that enters very aggressively, more like a 1/12th scale and those adjustments alone are nowhere near enough.

Corner entry has for a part something to do with initial shock reaction and roll-center.
Roll center is exactly what is being changed with the rear lower arm adjustment.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Suspended

This information makes sense. What car have you used this on? the Eleven?

I plan to take an entire day and spend it at the track changing smal things to understand all their affects one at a time so I can be better prepared when I travel to a new track. I will have to try both of these changes and see what works for me.
We did this on the V8 2009 and 2010, its not needed on the 2011
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

We did this on the V8 2009 and 2010, its not needed on the 2011

Well after a loss of control on the back straight at my home track ending in a 70mph hit into the board resulting in a bent chassis and broken parts, I am thinking about getting an Eleven Kit and just keeping the good parts off the wrecked car as spares.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Well after a loss of control on the back straight at my home track ending in a 70mph hit into the board resulting in a bent chassis and broken parts, I am thinking about getting an Eleven Kit and just keeping the good parts off the wrecked car as spares.
Auwww.... Good plan
Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Z
Tech Master

Has anyone had a problem with the 2-speed? Mine seems to work fine at times and then will stop shifting. I take it apart and reassemble it and it works again. Seems to me that the rollers fit too tight in the shoes.

Having the same problem on two seperate cars.

Thanks for any help.

Z
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Z
Has anyone had a problem with the 2-speed? Mine seems to work fine at times and then will stop shifting. I take it apart and reassemble it and it works again. Seems to me that the rollers fit too tight in the shoes.

Having the same problem on two seperate cars.

Thanks for any help.

Z
No, not noticed up to now. From what year is the kit?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Lord

I've never had a Shepherd two speed do anything strange so can't really help you. All I can think is to pull it completely apart, look over the manual and make sure everything is assembled right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.