GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

I race with Havy at least once a month and like him I use my tires until there is no more rubber on them. I have used most tires from every tire manufacturer and they are really good. I have been racing for more than 20 years and the only reason for the electric races going to a spec tire is just because of the inserts not really the tires. Most manufacturers have a few shores available but a lot of times the inserts from other brands give the advantage. This is why I don't understand the spec tire thing. Who here actually glues their GT tires? Almost no one I bet. And like others have said if you burn one set per event you are most defitively the wrong shore. If its on the economic side then tire hardness has to come into play not brand. Here we have a growing group that keeps growing every race weekend. Right now we are more than 30 with more than 25 racing every month. Or key to growing is bringing new racers by helping them. Our only limits are only rubber tires and shaft driven cars and no Lola bodies. We allow any rubber tire and that in the end helps out every local hobby because if you (the LHS) can get X brand of tires and not Y then everyone can make some sort of financial gain in the class and brings the price down so it is actually cheaper to allow free enterprise in the long run. I'm sorry for the long post but from my point of view every trully Spec class is destined for failure.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Now off topic! Guys we are supposed to be civilized people and I have to think that most people here are grown up men. Let's respect each other and try to keep the personal remarks (name calling) out of the public side. I just takes away from us and from the hobby. I'm sure we can keep this and other threads clean and have great discussions about who has better equipment, car, motor, etc. but repecting one another. If we want this class to grow we need to unite and not split because of personal grudges.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Here's what I got

OK,
I had a good race weekend... nothing broke!..AND I WON!
I used the 2 bearing idea in the CB and it worked great.. solved! and thank you
I used the set up the was posted her some time ago.. works great.. Only thing I do different is I run red springs all around.. 1000 dif in the front 100wgt in the rear... I have not taken the diffs apart yet... so still stock fluids.. I lube the one way in the center every race day... um last week was the first time
But it was still good! .. I put it in a sonic cleaner and re-oiled it..

Oh yea... i raised the roll centers front and rear.. cars is stable, easy to drive and a NOT a ton of power .. so i keep the tires planted..
I also use a double brake set up.. http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1309319290
Attached Thumbnails GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-brake_001.jpg   GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-dscn0046_002.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
We also found PMT tires. They work better than any slick but are $104 a set of four.
$104 for a set of 4? Ouch thats highway robbery man.. .. hit up Angel at FGsupply.. They sell them for $26.50 a pair.. thats 53.00 for 4!

http://www.fgsupply.com/Tires_wheels...ally_Game.html
Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Let's stop the bickering or I will bust out the ban "hammer"

Come on guys we are racing toy cars!!

Originally Posted by jjjack
Jspeed

Did u read the 1st page of this thread??

Only person continually starting scrap is YOU

Are you really this retarded ...... when your mommy told
You NO did you throw tantrums then too?

Let me help you, most people will not use your
products because you are by far the biggest asshole
Anyone has ever seen

Take a lesson from all the other companys that advertise

Just to add your so called world and national races are BS
They are sanctioned by NOBODY

YOU YOURSELF DIDNT EVEN ATTEND YOUR OWN EVENT

WHY DONT U START THE JSPEED ASSHOLE THREAD INSTEAD OF
TRYING TO INFECT OTHERS

I APOLOGIZE TO CLETE AND OTHERS THAT ARE ON THIS THREAD
FOR SETUP HELP BUT THIS GUY IS TO MUCH
Originally Posted by Jspeed
Clete and the NW didn't start anything in GT racing. Period!

On page #1 on this thread its understood that the class was started in North America by the guys in the Midwest Series, the oldest R/C racing series on earth.

To be exact, GT racing was started by Bernie Hoogstra (BubbaCola) and the guys at Leisure Hours in Joliet Il.

After that the GT racing concept was picked up on by myself, Steve Pond & Joel Johnson. Together, the four of us worked together to start GT racing on an American national level.

From there it went International and its been growing great.

As far as these guys that want to spec our products out of their events....

They didn't even know how to spell "GT" before we made our class.

Have fun, we welcome our competitors to try and best us in any open tire GT race. Any time, any place!!

PS. paulie, got a new screen name huh?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
Now off topic! Guys we are supposed to be civilized people and I have to think that most people here are grown up men. Let's respect each other and try to keep the personal remarks (name calling) out of the public side. I just takes away from us and from the hobby. I'm sure we can keep this and other threads clean and have great discussions about who has better equipment, car, motor, etc. but repecting one another. If we want this class to grow we need to unite and not split because of personal grudges.
+1
Old 06-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Marcos.J,

What you are suggesting is too much like right!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clete, sounds like your getting dialed for us. Can't wait to come out and swap some paint with you. Paul Hattfield has a GT !!! I know shocking isn't it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Clete, sounds like your getting dialed for us. Can't wait to come out and swap some paint with you. Paul Hattfield has a GT !!! I know shocking isn't it.
Tell him to get up here!!!... I will call him.. Spook let me know if you need anything before you head up... I'll make sure it is here before you arrive..
Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Clete, I'll be driving out , so I should be able to bring everything I need with me. I'll throw in some cords if you can show me where to tap into some power. that would be nice. Save me a pit spot and I'll keep you posted on how many we might bring with us. Looks like a great track and I have always loved that part of the country. I'm excited to do another road trip. See you there.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Thanks Clete, I'll be driving out , so I should be able to bring everything I need with me. I'll throw in some cords if you can show me where to tap into some power. that would be nice. Save me a pit spot and I'll keep you posted on how many we might bring with us. Looks like a great track and I have always loved that part of the country. I'm excited to do another road trip. See you there.
I just called Hatfield.. I will send him a emial later to guilt him into coming!
He said he is still wanting to come.. get on his case! Paul was a lot of help to me back in the day and is a good friend.. I would love to race him and beat his ass! At least he would know that I learned something from him!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Here are some pics that Chad took at the first GT race at TimeZone....a few of the guys did not make it, they were at Byrons.. but we mangaged to have a good time without them.
Originally Posted by ChadB.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good time to me. I'll lean on Paul to see if I can get him to come. I've run various classes with Paul many times , and I would love to run some GT with him out there. He's a great driver and would compliment any race.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Come race GT next weekend in Chaplin CT. Great track, prizes, tech seminars...

Simple rules, everyone can race, come have fun.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...haplin-ct.html

Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
OK,
I had a good race weekend... nothing broke!..AND I WON!
I used the 2 bearing idea in the CB and it worked great.. solved! and thank you
I used the set up the was posted her some time ago.. works great.. Only thing I do different is I run red springs all around.. 1000 dif in the front 100wgt in the rear... I have not taken the diffs apart yet... so still stock fluids.. I lube the one way in the center every race day... um last week was the first time
But it was still good! .. I put it in a sonic cleaner and re-oiled it..

Oh yea... i raised the roll centers front and rear.. cars is stable, easy to drive and a NOT a ton of power .. so i keep the tires planted..
I also use a double brake set up.. http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1309319290

Wich servo are you using on your GT ?. It seems you race Ofna DM SPEC right ?, i love my car but one thing i must admit i NEVER got perfect is the brake system, im using strong servo but always seem to start fading for excess heat after 15 minutes of racing.

cya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.