Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here are some other bodies to look at and think about.
Attached Thumbnails GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-11.jpg   GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-06.jpg   GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-podio-expert-uisp-2009.jpg   GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-podio-f1-nettuno-2009.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very nice , are those the BYSM or Delta?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Very nice , are those the BYSM or Delta?
They are the BYSM bodies.

Last edited by Mark the Hammer; 06-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
Clete I use 2 RC8 Factory Team break disks. One in front of the 2 speed and one in the back. The material works great plus it is made with and internal aluminum structure so it basically has its own heat disipation heat sink. You need to use them with metal calipers (no pads) and the wear is also great. Our track has 2 fairly long straits so I do abuse them for 45 minutes per main. The shortest is about 150ft to an almost hairpin turn so breaks are a must. Then you come to the back strait and that one is even longer.

As far as using putty or locking the fromt diff, IMO it takes too much steerimg out of the car. I use 100k up front but I like a very reactive car. I know some guys that use up to 300k. This is triap and error since no 2 drivers are the same so my set up may not work for you.
+1 on breaks and right now im using the losi updated disk they have no fade whatsoever even if fuel splash on them
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
+1 on breaks and right now im using the losi updated disk they have no fade whatsoever even if fuel splash on them
Yep.. been having to insruct the pit man on the fuel "overshot" issue.. this is good info, thanks Bob.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Correct the Losi disks are very good too. The AE disk are very good even with fuel spills. With any of the 2 you can't go wrong.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
Here are some other bodies to look at and think about.
Those bodies really are more prototype bodies and IMO take too far into GTP prototypes or just ome step towards Lola type bodies that will do more harm than good to the class. So depending on the rules those might be illegal, at least here they are.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jneg
Those bodies really are more prototype bodies and IMO take too far into GTP prototypes or just ome step towards Lola type bodies that will do more harm than good to the class. So depending on the rules those might be illegal, at least here they are.
Now easy on what you say about a body.. Legal or Illegal. I ask that earlier and got flamed.. By a big time flamer/name caller.. Just like his body witch I liked as well but some people like all kinds of thing.. The rules are not set for this class in stone yet.. As most would think you would ind up with a open class..
Old 06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

These should stop well. Ofna upgrade disks, Ofna upgrade front pads, kyosho rear pads.Always had the front and wooked good. Added the rear and these should work really good.

I can get part numbers later and post them.
Attached Thumbnails GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-dm1-brakes.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hate to be one to favor the scale looking bodies, but I think that it is one of the things that draw people to this class. I personally race w/ the corvette body and find it to be one of the best bodies in the class. I just wish people would make more scale looking bodies for the GT2 (kyosho GT2 I mean). The Ferrari is out for me and so is the BMW. I like the look of the Austin Martin on the GT2 and the Maclaren too. Just wish there was a Porsche 911 or 935 for the GT2 too. Heck, I would build a second GT (the Kyosho GT1) if I found that they make a Datsun 510 body,I just think the thing would look awsome on the track!

These GTP type bodies are starting to look like space ships, not so cool in my opinion, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Glad to see everyone excited about the class, that's for sure. Hope to race with some of you at the worlds in 2012.

Havy

Edit: just read the first couple of pages, realized this is a local levelthing for you guys, sorry bout my post wasn't meant to impose on what you guys are doing. Enjoy the GT cars, they are definitely a breath of fresh air in this preaty intense hobby of RC cars. Have fun and cheers!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

hey i'm still praying & wishing for a Cadilac CTS-V body for my DM-! Spec
Old 06-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

hey i'm still praying & wishing for a Cadilac CTS-V body for my DM-! Spec
I'd run that in a heart beat.

Still have a few Cadie's for the 1/10 nitro touring car!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the body rule for our 2011 US GT Nationals & 2012 GT World Championships:

Body:
Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1.

The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body.

Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Alpha R3 !!!

Hello Guys, i just want to share with you our new body , Alpha R3 is
ready to race!

here is a pictures of the body , in our local race track, in the last race , i got the best
lap time , we are very excited with this new release !!

This body will fit all 330 mm wheelbase car's .

Soon we will show our Alpha R4 race body, Alpha R4 will fit the Kyosho Inferno GT2, Ofna DM One 1/7 and similars car's.

Hope as you enjoy this new body!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Now that is real nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.