Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If we can get past all this i think this class will be a great thing for the hobby, but not sure if the governing bodies will except it with all this stuff going on. Not saying the class needs that but would be cool to see Ifmar, and all the rest except it. But their will have to be a national guide line of rules that everyone excepts if possible. Ive met alot of Gt racers over the last few years and you are a great bunch of guys, but the pickering has to end at some point. I understand everyone has their own veiws of things but their has to be compromise, its just part of life.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-MAN
wowwwwwww
you like that?
That's why I have so many fans!!

Hey tonycrocksucker, wait for it....wait for it, open wide, don't spit any out, do like ya moma taught you.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wowwwwwww
Yes, wow is right!!! I had enough respect for my fellow racers to not put a car on the track that had issues, that might be a hazard, and possibly take out others and I get thrown in front of the train. I did not know that I just had to run certain classes at the races I attend. I thought I had the right to race whatever class(es) I choose without having to explain myself to anybody. I do appreciate all the guys that I either bought, borrowed, and bummed parts from the get my MRX4R going but it had something going on that I can't figure out. It sucked not to be able to run a lap but it happens. I hope to find and fix the issue and have it ready for the next race.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

If we can get past all this i think this class will be a great thing for the hobby, but not sure if the governing bodies will except it with all this stuff going on. Not saying the class needs that but would be cool to see Ifmar, and all the rest except it. But their will have to be a national guide line of rules that everyone excepts if possible. Ive met alot of Gt racers over the last few years and you are a great bunch of guys, but the pickering has to end at some point. I understand everyone has their own veiws of things but their has to be compromise, its just part of life.
You would think it would be easy.

More than half of the haters who participate in these almost weekly GT crap episodes have never even raced a GT car. They throw in their 2 cents into a discussion and hope nobody realizes they’re not really GT racers.

They are often the very the same guys that argued that GT racing would never become popular years ago. It’s not really surprising that the majorities of them are owners, employees or are sponsored by a company or hobby shop that was never involved in the growth of GT racing to begin with.

These are the same guys who are now looking for ways to “cash in” on popularity of GT racing today. They use the typical tactics of misinformation, lies and division to achieve their goals. They are also not ashamed of their attempts to silence or willingness to try to intimidate anyone that shines light upon their actions.

The rest are looking to try and score brownie points and some free stuff from the guys mentioned above.

Thats the problem with GT.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
First of all, why post this on the open forum and continue the BS? This serves no purpose but to keep the flaming going. Is this what you truly want?

Second, I choose to race whatever class I want at any given race. I decided to race 8th scale Lola and not GT, is there a crime against that? Also, if you paid any attention to my car, I had issues with it all weekend. In fact, I did not turn one lap due to its issues. I spent all weekend going through the car over and over, buying, borrowing, and bumming parts that the store did not have to see if that fixed the issue (which it didn't). Sorry that I was trying to make sure my car was not a hazard to my fellow racers and was trying to get it going after paying $50 to race and couldn't. You could have PMed me this if you had an issue with me not being so open but after driving 250 miles, spending the monies I did for hotel, racing, etc and not turning one lap due to my car having issues, you could understand why I wasn't so happy-happy joy joy!!! I really do not owe you any explanations but since you did not know, now you do!!! Next time, try more tack and diplomacy (and maybe a PM instead trying to throw me under the bus for whatever reason).

Posts like yours really detract from the whole conversation. Sorry that you feel that after some are trying to calm this latest round of the GT war down and hope to try to smooth thing over between some, you have to come on here and throw more gas on the smoldering embers. It is attitudes like this that keep the GT war going, hardening feeling and attitudes, and solving absolutely nothing.
Dude, don't waste you time with that tonycrocksucker. You know damm well he would have just hacked your GT car all over the track. Look at his results, he was the most suck azz driver in their A Main and is anti Ipanema, forget about it! lol
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Some people love GT racing so much and dedicated to "grow the class", that they keep attacking people who REALLY want to. Keep it up, you people are going to mess it up really good, and I see you all bitching about what happened that GT died?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Yes, wow is right!!! I had enough respect for my fellow racers to not put a car on the track that had issues, that might be a hazard, and possibly take out others and I get thrown in front of the train. I did not know that I just had to run certain classes at the races I attend. I thought I had the right to race whatever class(es) I choose without having to explain myself to anybody. I do appreciate all the guys that I either bought, borrowed, and bummed parts from the get my MRX4R going but it had something going on that I can't figure out. It sucked not to be able to run a lap but it happens. I hope to find and fix the issue and have it ready for the next race.
Bro, you're a class act. Everyone that has ever raced with you knows that.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jspeed, What's with all the name calling? It's really come to that now?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oskygt
Some people love GT racing so much and dedicated to "grow the class", that they keep attacking people who REALLY want to. Keep it up, you people are going to mess it up really good, and I see you all bitching about what happened that GT died?
Oscar, GT racing is not going to die.

This newest group of haters will just move on, like the others before them.
Those of us that have been active in GT long enough have seen it all before.

Hang tight, don't worry about it.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can we new get back to having a civil discussion on GT like we were headed before someone shot the wheel off the wagon for no reason? It was looking like it was headed in that direction before the latest distraction. If some can get over the hard feeling they have about others, we have civil discussion on GT racing. We may not always agree on everything, but can keep it civil if we all act more like grown men instead of 8 year old boys on the playground fighting over marbles.
Tech Apprentice

When attacked............counter attack.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

YESSSSSSSSSSS, lets get back to whats important and leave the bullshit and negativity behind.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by briankstan
Jspeed, What's with all the name calling? It's really come to that now?
You talking to me or your buddy tonycrocksucker?

Maybe you should read his post first bucko, then tell us who was in the gutter 1st.

By the way let everyone see the link to your website and what brand you sell.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You see fellas, it just another sweepie wanting to get a few cheap shots in. Forget about it! lol
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

+1 Juan, you truly are a class act, mucho respect for ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.