Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is no problem with the Lid Gasket. It's been carried over since the original V-One R and is used on all of their nitro cars. I am sure I've narrowed down the problem and I don't think it's easy to fix. The leak occurs at the seam around the mounting holes, front and rear. If you ever noticed, when you mount the tank, the screws actually thread into the plastic. This probably exacerbates the problem of an improper seal by seperating the two halves of the tank even more. I'm having my friend seal up another tank for me using a heat gun. He said it has held up fine for him so far. Soldering doesn't work for long and neither does shoe-goo.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rossiRocket
Do you mean to enlarge the holes to allow the fuel tank to move and pivot more freely?
With the new upper deck, theres about a 2-3mm gap between the edge of the tank and the deck......I`m not sure how different this is to the original deck?
Make sure too, that the screws holding the tank in place arent binding.
Cheers
Old 02-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply..... I wonder if a slight dremel of the mounting holes in the plastic followed by a soldering iron jammed in there to seal it again would reduce the stress on that mounting hole in the plastic. The worst that could happen would be a tank would last a day....hmmm not so different than now? Is there a product that welds plastic? I know that ca will melt it a little but is there something better?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mcsquish
I'm looking for some info on the RRRRRRRRRRRRR worlds eddition. I went to the Kyosho site and I couldn't even find the RRR.? Where can I find some info, or am I just blind?
go to this site www.kyosho.co.jp
Old 02-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
go to this site www.kyosho.co.jp
already posted about 10 post up^^^^^^
Old 02-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by .21
Hello guys: anybody say me how big is the rrr clutch bell diameter (millimeters)
I just popped the calipers over my clutch bell and the outer diameter (at the large end) is approx 28- 30mm.
Cheers
Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Fuel Tank

Given all the probs that people are experiencing with the stock Kyosho fuel tank, I wonder if Skyline Racing would be willing to develope a new bullet-proof tank for the RRR?
Theyve certainly done wonders with the exhaust mount and rear shock tower, so a fuel tank so be relatively easy for them.
Perhaps a few emails sent in their direction might show them that theres a market out there for a durable RRR tank?
Cheers
Old 02-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by JordanC
not exactly constructive
Sorry if it was not constructive... But I posted that in a hope to get someone out there who probably knows how to correctly give a solution. I bet others also wonder... No?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Fuel Tank

Originally posted by AndyT ©
Given all the probs that people are experiencing with the stock Kyosho fuel tank, I wonder if Skyline Racing would be willing to develope a new bullet-proof tank for the RRR?
Theyve certainly done wonders with the exhaust mount and rear shock tower, so a fuel tank so be relatively easy for them.
Perhaps a few emails sent in their direction might show them that theres a market out there for a durable RRR tank?
Cheers
That would be the ticket! There are a lot of rrr drivers out there that would spring for that in a second!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rossiRocket
Do you mean to enlarge the holes to allow the fuel tank to move and pivot more freely?
That seems to be the point of the new upper deck. I would just get a replacement one instead of trying to modify your existing one since there isn't a lot of clearance around the holes.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
There is no problem with the Lid Gasket. It's been carried over since the original V-One R and is used on all of their nitro cars. I am sure I've narrowed down the problem and I don't think it's easy to fix. The leak occurs at the seam around the mounting holes, front and rear. If you ever noticed, when you mount the tank, the screws actually thread into the plastic. This probably exacerbates the problem of an improper seal by seperating the two halves of the tank even more. I'm having my friend seal up another tank for me using a heat gun. He said it has held up fine for him so far. Soldering doesn't work for long and neither does shoe-goo.
Peter, the new upper deck fixes it. I've went through half a gallon and a race with the new upper deck and no problem thus far.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

jeffery, which is this new upper deck you speak of? is it the same part number as the old one or is it a new part number? also could you please post a pic? thanks!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
I feel so sorry for these Serpent racers, they just cant stay away from this kyosho forum
Let's get specific NiMo, this is the RRR forum, BELT drive, not the FW05 forum or a shaft-drive forum ... shoo shooo ... what are you doing here I thought you DON'T have a RRR? I on the other hand DO have one, albeit not mine!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Craig1
What can I say?

I know only what I know and that is the seal isn't very good and believe me I've tried everything else but it all comes back to the seal.

Checked all the obvious and I've been told by many that they just need regular replacement. To me that doesn't mean every race day.

The car is sensational and it already is so much better than my previous car but the motors that ran perfectly in my other car don't in the RRR.

I'll know by the next club day for sure when I try out my own seals.
i had extreme amounts of trouble with my RRR tank. at the summernats my engine would overheat something silly on the track, but in the pits it was running at a consistent 85-90 degrees celcius. i wasnt sure what was causing it but i now realise that the tank leakage was leaning out the engine like crazy.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I don't have a problem with the seam of the tank, just the lid.

It does appear to be indifferent with other peoples tanks but when you place the tank under water and do a simple test the lid bubbles away like a spa.

Sure you can replace the seal but with two of them failing in such a short time, I don't see the point.

The ones I've made fit into the lid more snuggly and are a little thicker and so far there has been no more bubbles from around the lid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.