Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just took it apart and it was still at 0.3mm. The bell spins freely and was pretty clean. It is brand new so this was the first time running it therefore it was squeaky clean.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally would not go with another spring, one our dusty low traction track the 0.3 gave plenty of grip and the kick was very smooth, what are your shim gap and end play set on ?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mckrooz
Hopefully one of you guys can help me. I just got the 2D clutch and a new JLR Tuned engine. I was breaking the motor in yesterday and it's starting to make serious power. So much that when the clutch engages, my car over shoots the turn and the motor isn't even race tuned yet. What can I do so that it's a smoother engagement and controllable? The clutch is setup per the instructions. Softer clutch spring? 3D clutch? Halp!
First off you need to set your 2 speed up so that it doesn't engage to early, that way you can make the turn still in first gear, your 2nd gear should kick when your going down a long straight to build up the rpm's then it should shift this should help...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Another great day of practice with my RRRthe car was very consistant lap after lap it handle very well good on & off power when corning just so easy to drive...can't for our up coming West Coast race this weekend....
Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

2sp is fine. It goes into 2nd down the straight. I'll be at CP this friday to test again.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

2sp is fine. It goes into 2nd down the straight. I'll be at CP this friday to test again.
I assume you are running the 2d clutch stock... as in the stock spring and red clutch shoe.

Try going with 4 flyweights and then you can also try a grey shoe. When you do that you will need to tighten your spring. Try going to .8mm.

I should be at CP this friday, sat and sunday as well if you need some help setting up your clutch.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Cool. I'll give that a shot. Is the grey shoe softer or harder than the red?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cool. I'll give that a shot. Is the grey shoe softer or harder than the red?
I just think its smoother engagement than the red shoe.

The extra flyweights will probably make a much bigger difference than the shoe will.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

red is softer grey is harder.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Had a good time at my first race this year with my RRR its been about 1 year since I race my car handle good only problem was that I just needed to run a more consistent line which I didn't but that's was OK considering I finish all my 7 min Qualifiers and never finishing last qualified in the top 20 with a 2yr.old JL RED DOT with 4 1/2 gallons though it and I was having fun as well I figure I would go practice after the races to improve on having a more consistent line for the main well after 7 great laps the motor went I thought I ran out of gas went back to the pit area open up the motor to see inside, well I had broke my con rod which was my fault totally never replace the con rod And my backup engine was no match for the more powerful engines I was racing against so I miss my MAIN I felt that my RRR WC proform well til I race again I want all RRR owners in the world old & new too Go Fast & Don't Look Back....
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Had a good time at my first race this year with my RRR its been about 1 year since I race my car handle good only problem was that I just needed to run a more consistent line which I didn't but that's was OK considering I finish all my 7 min Qualifiers and never finishing last qualified in the top 20 with a 2yr.old JL RED DOT with 4 1/2 gallons though it and I was having fun as well I figure I would go practice after the races to improve on having a more consistent line for the main well after 7 great laps the motor went I thought I ran out of gas went back to the pit area open up the motor to see inside, well I had broke my con rod which was my fault totally never replace the con rod And my backup engine was no match for the more powerful engines I was racing against so I miss my MAIN I felt that my RRR WC proform well til I race again I want all RRR owners in the world old & new too Go Fast & Don't Look Back....
Gotta change those rods out. Replace them after each gallon to be safe.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Front diff parts... What parts do I need to swap out the front one-way to a diff??

Thanks

Rich
Old 03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RAP66
Front diff parts... What parts do I need to swap out the front one-way to a diff??

Thanks

Rich

You will need:

VZ218 - Differential Joint 19 RRR/EVO
VZ204 - Differential Pully Set (RRR)
VZ012 - Differential Gear Set RRR/EVO
BS107 - Bevel Shafts for Diff (6pcs)

It's not really necessary but if you want to get a pulley set too, you can. Otherwise you can take off the pully from your spool or one way. Remember, the pully on your one way has a ring that is superglued to it. You won't need this on the diff set. If you pry it off, you could damage it. I recommend getting a new pully set.

VZ203 -Pulley Set (RRR/EVO)

Call Kamikaze to see if he has all the parts. Or Ashford hobbies has the parts in stock as well.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Awesome!! Thanks Bud!!! any suggestions on oil??

You will need:

VZ218 - Differential Joint 19 RRR/EVO
VZ204 - Differential Pully Set (RRR)
VZ012 - Differential Gear Set RRR/EVO
BS107 - Bevel Shafts for Diff (6pcs)

It's not really necessary but if you want to get a pulley set too, you can. Otherwise you can take off the pully from your spool or one way. Remember, the pully on your one way has a ring that is superglued to it. You won't need this on the diff set. If you pry it off, you could damage it. I recommend getting a new pully set.

VZ203 -Pulley Set (RRR/EVO)
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

100K is a good starting point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.