Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Unfortunately, it's not set and forget. You constantly have to adjust your engine settings based on humidity, temperature and air pressure. As soon as the engine doesn't run right, you need to put your thinking cap on and retune it.

In the same day, just after it cooled down for a bit that is what happened. Usually I set it and basically just leave it. Only a few minor tweaks here or there based on the performance of the engine each day.

btw: the thrust bearing has a certain direction it should face. I took it out and now totally forgot to look at the direction it was...so I left it out until I find how it goes. The Manual isn't very clear...which way to pit it in? There's a recessed side and a side that looks like the balls make contact with the surface it's facing. Last time I noted the direction it was before taking it out to grease it up, this time I just totally forgot...
Old 03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

just a little bump.

any help on the direction of the thrust bearing? which way should I install it?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

i always install mine with the faceof the shield pointing out..
just seams like less dirt can get in to the balls
Old 03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

If you mount it the other way, then there is more chance for any dirt ingress to find its way out of the bearing area
Old 03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrgsr
i always install mine with the faceof the shield pointing out..
just seams like less dirt can get in to the balls
So the recessed part is pointing toward the clutch bell?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
just a little bump.

any help on the direction of the thrust bearing? which way should I install it?
previously i just install those 3 pieces thrust bearing whicever way i like (as long as the bearing r in the middle)...but after carefully reading the manual u will notice that the 2 washers that 'sandwich' the thrust bearing has 2 different sizes..if i am not mistaken the smaller internal diameter goes inside (please correct me ), as for the bearing itself i do not think putting it whicever side will effect the mechanical functions....just like u guys said maybe less or more dirt..
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Didn't this thing come with any instructions??

I don't have this swayblade, but I do have the Kawahara version. Put the car up on a car stand, remove the shocks and adjust the ball links so that when you turn the blades 90 degress, it isn't touching the brake bracket. 1.0 mm clearance should be sufficient.

After you've made the adjustment, put the shocks back on and make sure that the blue piece isn't touching the belt. If it is, let us know.
Ok well after running my car this week, the blue connecting point is touching the belt, do you know if the evo upper plat is different from the regular wc, I need to look at a evo this week a friend of mine has one I will see if they are different!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
Ok well after running my car this week, the blue connecting point is touching the belt, do you know if the evo upper plat is different from the regular wc, I need to look at a evo this week a friend of mine has one I will see if they are different!
Too bad. It probably means you have the original part and not the revised one. Contact Kyosho and see if they will replace it for you.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Too bad. It probably means you have the original part and not the revised one. Contact Kyosho and see if they will replace it for you.
I'm still building my new RRR Evo WC and I noticed that the belt is hitting the rear sway bar assembly too.

Rainer, what's the difference in the parts you are referring to?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Below is a picture of the Kawahara sway blade. Notice the notch on the bottom?
A guy at our track also had this problem with his Evo WCE and it tore up his belt. He just ground down the part down until he had enough clearance.

I'm really surprised this is still an issue. As I understand it, Kyosho already has an updated version of this part.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Results ...

Just in the way of feedback ...I did much better than expected considering I hardly had any brakes and the top 4 drivers in the country were in attendance. Believe it or not, I still had enough speed to win 2 out of my three qualifying rounds and managed to qualify SIXTH IN THE A-MAIN!! This was only my second ever race and apart from softer rear springs and oil, the car has stock settings. My aim was simply to do better than last time ...I shocked myself really. Now I can take the car and start adjusting for better handling. The aforementioned top four are doing laps in the 19s ...my quickest for the day was 20.02 and I had an average in the 20s ...my feeling is that I could easily gain half a second just with the addition of a spool or even front diff. With one of those items I'd be able to take more speed into the corners ...something I could not do yesterday.
Anyway, we are having a national meet from the 11th of April and based on my performance yesterday, I reckon I'll give it a shot. A top ten placing no longer looks out of the question.

Oh, and by the way, the biggest thing for me is that I brought the car back in one piece ...no major crashes!! As for the A-final, I ended up 7th out of ten ...basically I stripped a gear with only 4 minutes left to the end of the race ...at that stage I was 5th!!

Again thanks for the input guys ...the car is awesome ...not at it's best yet but awesome. I displaced some experienced guys yesterday and I am over the moon about the fact that they were shafted not only by a newbie ...but a newbie with the ONLY V-One RRR on the track ....HA
Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Just in the way of feedback ...I did much better than expected considering I hardly had any brakes and the top 4 drivers in the country were in attendance. Believe it or not, I still had enough speed to win 2 out of my three qualifying rounds and managed to qualify SIXTH IN THE A-MAIN!! This was only my second ever race and apart from softer rear springs and oil, the car has stock settings. My aim was simply to do better than last time ...I shocked myself really. Now I can take the car and start adjusting for better handling. The aforementioned top four are doing laps in the 19s ...my quickest for the day was 20.02 and I had an average in the 20s ...my feeling is that I could easily gain half a second just with the addition of a spool or even front diff. With one of those items I'd be able to take more speed into the corners ...something I could not do yesterday.
Anyway, we are having a national meet from the 11th of April and based on my performance yesterday, I reckon I'll give it a shot. A top ten placing no longer looks out of the question.

Oh, and by the way, the biggest thing for me is that I brought the car back in one piece ...no major crashes!! As for the A-final, I ended up 7th out of ten ...basically I stripped a gear with only 4 minutes left to the end of the race ...at that stage I was 5th!!

Again thanks for the input guys ...the car is awesome ...not at it's best yet but awesome. I displaced some experienced guys yesterday and I am over the moon about the fact that they were shafted not only by a newbie ...but a newbie with the ONLY V-One RRR on the track ....HA
Congrats on a great day at the races good to see RRR owners do well RRR is just a great car to drive.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnypiston
my feeling is that I could easily gain half a second just with the addition of a spool or even front diff. With one of those items I'd be able to take more speed into the corners ...something I could not do yesterday.
Definetely go with spool.. Forget about front diff because it could slow you down more than give you more speed at the corners. Unless you are running on a short and very technical track, the front diff could be the way to go.

Anyways, good luck on your next race and keep up the good driving..
Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink Race Results

Had a geat weekend at the races car handle great no problems ran the new kfactory tires which were good the whole day considering 90+ heat we just finish up a 4 race point series were I finish first very good compitetion in novice class also I am offically moving up to amateur level which I feel I'm ready to do Can't wait to the next race which will be in 2 weeks Airtronics Championship a 3 day race to view on road race series results click on my link Revelation at the bottom of my signature go to on road.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

I just got off the phone with Kyosho and they told me they are not aware of this issue and there is no revised part yet out, any ideas on what I should do..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.