Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoNTC3
I FINALLY got my kit !!! 1 Question, what is the secret to getting the pivot ball covers in without cross-threading them??
This can definitely be a problem if you haven't done it before.

First, take your time and turn very slowly. Once you have some bite, make sure it's straight before continuing, as that's where most of the problems start. Once it's in straight, turn 1/8th to 1/4th turn at a time and check to make sure it's still straight each time - if not, back it out and try again. If it's good, continue going until it's fully seated. When you turn - and I know this sounds somewhat difficult to do, try to make sure that the allen wrench (assuming you're using the kit one) is perpendicular and that you're not angling it some how - which can also cause it to go in crooked.

It may take some practice before you can do it without stripping the plastic, but keep at it. Try the back ones first, as the left and right one are interchangeable if you strip one and have to buy another set. The fronts are not interchangeable.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
A
Tech Initiate

Although i have made the servo horn 18mm as the manual states, it hits the fuel tank. I realise there is a short throw on the steering but is this the way its supposed to be? requiring adjustment of your transmitter to avoid binding?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-dsc00100.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A
Although i have made the servo horn 18mm as the manual states, it hits the fuel tank. I realise there is a short throw on the steering but is this the way its supposed to be? requiring adjustment of your transmitter to avoid binding?
You should not have a problem once it's mounted in the car and you've adjusted the steering throw. If you do, let us know.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A
I recommend drill the top of horn.. (let properly space for ball link) in RRR manual says to take a little of material off I'm not sure on Evo.. You can also screw the fuel tank more to the rear (it can help a little) the final adjustment is done with everything read to go. In the back of Setup-Sheet you will find how to set neutral and 100% turn left right looking to top of servo saver ball link screw and radio plate
Old 03-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

how to tell my Diff gear are going to worn out ??
I'm been using it for a year plus now and to me, it's still look alright. Or should i change to a new set as since its a year old plus ?

ps: it's not that expensive parts in the List
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoNTC3
I FINALLY got my kit !!! 1 Question, what is the secret to getting the pivot ball covers in without cross-threading them??
It's helpful to have the right tool. I find it much easier if I use my Hudy 4mm (or whatever size it is) driver or glow plug "T" wrench. The cap will only go on the wrench so far and then it will sit flat. Then I can push it while turning and it goes on much easier. Does this make sense?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Well I finally got my rrr wce on the track today. Car seems to handle much better than my older cars. Only problem is I didnt hear it shiffting to 2nd gear. How do I adjust the 2 speed so it will engage.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag
It's helpful to have the right tool. I find it much easier if I use my Hudy 4mm (or whatever size it is) driver or glow plug "T" wrench. The cap will only go on the wrench so far and then it will sit flat. Then I can push it while turning and it goes on much easier. Does this make sense?
That does make sense. I'll try it. Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony montana
Well I finally got my rrr wce on the track today. Car seems to handle much better than my older cars. Only problem is I didnt hear it shiffting to 2nd gear. How do I adjust the 2 speed so it will engage.
There's 2 screws. Back them each out slightly for earlier engagement and tighten them for later engagement. I can't find a picture right now but there's 3 screws if I remember. the 2 outer ones control the shift point.

What you could try is holding the car from the roll bar and press the throttle gently and you should feel the car shift. It will have a bump and the front of the car will noticably want to pull up.

Sometimes I never hear it shift when I plant the throttle down. I have to roll the throttle gently to hear it.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Hope this helps to explain
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2 speed changer.pdf (111.4 KB, 146 views)
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

thanks guys for the help. I'll turn out those 2 screws a little and see what happens
Old 03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

thanks guys for the help. I'll turn out those 2 screws a little and see what happens
I had the same problem and I got some help at the track were I race and I was shown how to adjust the 2 speed it is very easy, screw in both screws all the way down then unscrew about 3 and half to 4 turns this should to the trick depending on how fast or slow you want it to shift, hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Chris here from C-Whits, if you get a chance just bring the car by the shop and I will get it straight for you.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

I'm having trouble with my clutch now. I had someone install the engine for me and the clutch was fine, but now after I took it apart and cleaned it I'm having trouble. Basically I have to rev the engine really high before it will engage which is bad and impossible to drive. I'm also not exactly sure how to adjust it. Is there a guide somewhere with a picture of what I adjust the spring tension with?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

This is the clutch spring tension tool i use...... makes adjusting the spring tension very easy....as for the engine revving really high before it engages sound to me that the spring is adjusted to tight.....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYN1&P=6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.