Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default v-one rrr hop ups

maybe you are right,but i think that i've chosen almost the best parts of the aftermarkets brands and at the moment the car really burns on road.i don't have the slightest problem with all these after markets.by the way , the "phylosophy" of the car remains KYOSHO and that is what really matters.Moreover Kyosho don't produce many of these hop ups,so i had no other choice.I run kyosho cars the last 6 years,starting with v-one s ,then v-one r which through the years was turned into v-one rr evo,now with the RRR and i hope soon to "jumb" to the EVOLVA WC.The most reliable r/c car brand,Kyosho.!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoNTC3
With so many "after market" parts, can you really call it a Kyosho anymore??
Well, in my opinion, you can still call it Kyosho V-One RRR and add ULTIMATE EDITION as what rmdhawaii formulated
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
maybe you are right,but i think that i've chosen almost the best parts of the aftermarkets brands and at the moment the car really burns on road.i don't have the slightest problem with all these after markets.by the way , the "phylosophy" of the car remains KYOSHO and that is what really matters.Moreover Kyosho don't produce many of these hop ups,so i had no other choice.I run kyosho cars the last 6 years,starting with v-one s ,then v-one r which through the years was turned into v-one rr evo,now with the RRR and i hope soon to "jumb" to the EVOLVA WC.The most reliable r/c car brand,Kyosho.!!!!
well said !!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, you got that right... Kyosho is defenitely the best and most reliable kit I have used
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoNTC3
With so many "after market" parts, can you really call it a Kyosho anymore??
did you finaly pick one up ron?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
did you finaly pick one up ron?
Oh Yea! It's sitting at GB HT right now. Jimmy is doing my motor and then Chuck is sending it all to me. I also got the skyline pipe off Ebay for $45 Sweet!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

the 3 racing parts are some carbon made parts.i don't think it's waste of money my friend.
Hey Nick,,

I hate to brings this to you,, but do you know what 3RACING stands for..??

3Racing= 3 times to go Racing...

No offense dude,, you have a beautifull car and it looks sweeeeeeet.. Honestly speaking, I wouldn't count very much on 3Racing. In my opinion,, it's one of the cheapest quality brands of hop-ups out there in the market. It will defenitely make your car look good and feel stronger to be kept on a shelf,, but on a race track,, Forget about it!!

I'm not saying this because I own a Mugen,, but in fact I'm saying this based on experience. I've used 3Racing products on my Mugen that didn't last a day(that includes not crashing the car). Their parts are just not durable enough. Call yourself lucky if the parts held for 3 times of racing.. (get the joke??)

Overall,, congratulations on a having a nice car. I will soon join the Kyosho owners club just like you,, but defenitely not with the 3Racing parts..
Old 02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeff1
Guys
please help
I learnt from Kyosho what 0G in Setup Sheet mean. Correct if I'm wrong. To set your camber on 0G you have to disconnect the shock and sway bars and let the arms rest with the wheels off the ground. The question is. How can I do that? Any specify tool? I have no idea
ps: I have hudy setup station plus downstop blocks

another doubt. How drop affect in the car handling? My car has more drop on the front then rear and a guy on the track said this isn't positive and that I was loosing stability.. he said to set no drop, but I hesitate . I noticed when I break the front of the car dives What's the best set-up?
I know it can sound like a newbie but someone could help me?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hate to brings this to you,, but do you know what 3RACING stands for..??
3 racing, exactly my point.. ( need to have 3 of every part in your spares box)

Your car will be "hella fast" straight out of the box with minimal aftermarket bits
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default sunday night race at jp raceway philippines

SUNDAY NIGHT RACE AT JP RACEWAY PHILIPPINES

1ST CLEMEN PANCHO KYOSHO VONE RRR EVO WCE / NOVAROSSI 3SCT
2ND (tq)JP REYES MUGEN MTX4 RB CONCEPT
3RD RALPH LORENZO KYOSHO VONE RRR EVO / NOVAROSSI 3SCT

THE VIDEOS..

FLYING LAPS WITH RALPH,JP AND KING
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...ralphjpandking

A-MAIN PART 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/ianhobbie...5ou_amainpart1

A-MAIN PART 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/ianhobbie...5q3_amainpart2

A MAIN PART 3
http://www.dailymotion.com/ianhobbie...5rp_amainpart3

B-MAIN CLIP
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x175sm_bmainclip
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Thanks Scott. I really think the issues were caused by the clutch as you say. Believe me ....I was feathering the thing especially since my pit guy (who is an experienced racer) thought I was being trigger happy and kept shouting ("EASY ON THE THROTTLE!!") ...so yes, I was being being very very soft on it. In fact, there were times when my car almost slowed to a halt I was being so careful.

I am so glad that you , a champion racer, are currently online! Can I ask you this burning question: Is it OK for me to take my car to the track on a non-race day and practice? ...considering that the track is not treated? Can I apply the settings and drive style I use on a non-treated surface to a treated surface? I would love to take my car to the track on a non-race day and at least get things working without the pressure of trying to adjust things during heats ...
Hey guys. So I took the car to the track on Sunday and, before I ran it, adjusted the clutch by losening the clutch nut (there is only about 1.2 threads showing above the nut now). Though the wheels spun earlier than before, I still have the same fishtailing problem. My initial instinct was to losen the nut again but something just did not seem right. Though I should have expected a bit of a struggle for traction, since the surface had not been treated, what I was getting was CRAZY TAILSLIDING ACTION. Again the car was undrivable ...though this time it was worse thanks to the lack of traction. When my drive belt (the main one next to the pipe) literally fell out ...twice, I realised there was something major wrong with the car. So I gave it up for the day and decided to strip it.
I then realised that during a mad crash at the track the previous week (a Mugen driver T-Boned me), the front part that holds the pulleys for the side and front belt had disloged two of it's screws. As a result, not only did I have no belt tension on the side belt (thus the lost belts), but my front belt was skew and was rubbing up against the servo saver ...my drivetrain was a MESS!!
My question is, could this have been responsible (partly or otherwise) for my fishtailing out of every corner ...or should I continue focusing on getting the clutch to grab at an earlier RPM? The way I see it, the extremely loose side belt meant more power was being applied quicker to the rear than the front ....effectively making my car a two wheel drive ...at least for a split second or so. Could this not have caused the fishtailing? I will know for sure when I go and test this coming weekend but I thought I should bounce my thinking off you guys first ...

Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If your belt(s) are slipping then that could definitely be the problem. You need to assure the car is in good mechanical condition before you start adjusting the car.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Lessons learned....

Rebuild the car after EVERY crash...
Old 02-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default handling issues

Oh yes ...the lesson has been VERY WELL LEARNED! Weird thing is ...I actually like rebuilding my car ...I was discouraged by a couple of people that said it would make the plastic parts wear fast. I have since learned that the plastic parts will hold if you do not literally WRENCH your car to death. Anyway, i am glad I have at least found the problem before I allowed it to get worse ...it shows that at least I am thinking. Soon, I too will provide help and answers to future newbies on this forum
Old 02-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

some more pics!!!

i forgot to mention the amazing Futaba 3pk super with two ecxellent 9451 futaba digital servos.

i hope you like it guys!!!
Hi there,

saw that you purchase a number of 1st gear spur, do u often strip the spur gear that often? hee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.