When building my RRR WC edition:
- I noticed the 2 speed clutch was getting stuck in the 2nd Gear when turning it in circles (it would get stuck in the same spot all the time). The screws are tight all the way and unscrewed 3 times as per the instructions but it also happened with it screwed all the way in
- I noticed the hole for the hex screw to go into was really small (couldnt fit my hex screw in) and the plastic was sticking out on the inside
- I had to use a razor to make the hole bigger from the outside and shave the inside to make it smooth (inline with the metal ring) but this didnt resolve the problem.
- I have to make the clutch shoes more round and it seemed like this was the issue. After making it rounder (I noticed they are not perfect circles) it was turning nicely (off we go to break in - YAY!!!)
- After 3 tank fulls the car wasnt changing gears anymore and the motor was stressing to get higher RPMs
I noticed the gears would spin forwards but not backwards (it would get stuck)
- After pulling the 2nd Gear out I noticed the clutch shoes were getting stuck in the gear again!!!!!
- I ordered brand new shoes and 2nd gear from RC-Mushroon, this time the second gear looked a lot better than the one that came from the kit (i.e. hole was big and inside was really smooth) but the new clutch shoes has the exact same issue, they were getting stuck in the new 2nd Gear
- What can i do??? should I shave down the clutch shoes more? What are the chances of 2 clutch shoes having the same issue?