Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
It will lower your roll center, therefore increasing the distance between roll center and CG, allowing more weight transfer and ultimately more grip to the outside rear tire through a corner.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
You may have too much steering.
Depends on where he's racing and what the car needs. I always have the front swaybar engaged but I drive aggressively with a soft suspension and need to control the roll more. In fact, I don't use any diff lube higher than 30,000 wt. in the front diff - causes my car to push too much. Maybe, no swaybar works for him. To each his own.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I think your front diff is too loose. Try running the solid or 100k.

Tires will solve the majority of handling problems. Have you tried 42F?
thanks just changed the front diff to 100k. as for the 42 shore front tires, not yet. will try the 40F/38R tomorrow
Old 10-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kewdawg
-Reduce your rear diff oil to 10,000 wt., your shock oil to 60wt./40wt., rear shock position to 3rd from bottom, rear toe to 3 degrees toe-in, med.(black) rear swaybar (to control the roll better) 5.0 mm / 5.0 mm ride height. If, you haven't already, remove the spacer under the rear camber link and use the outer hole on the bulkhead mount. The car should be easy to drive but still very nimble.
hmm...havent really tried using sway bars. all the local racers in our track have advised not to use it except for one. i wonder why well, will try your suggestions also and see how it goes thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Why aren't you using a front sway bar? You may have too much steering. If the rear can't hang, take some away from the front. I would also try 3 deg of toe-in in the rear.

Just my opinion.
hmm...that got me thinking will try all your suggestion tomorrow and see how it goes. by the way, i'll be moving to jacksonville, florida soon. is there a racetrack there? thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Come over to 3hobby.net, look in the news items below the Forums Center, there is an offer to buy one RRR WC kit and you get a full RRR Evo kit with it. Get together with a friend and get it if you don't want two cars.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by doki_doki
hmm...that got me thinking will try all your suggestion tomorrow and see how it goes. by the way, i'll be moving to jacksonville, florida soon. is there a racetrack there? thanks

It sounds to me the reason the locals dont use the bars..could be because the track is bumpy there using lots of droop and need a lazy car just an observation..
Old 10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by doki_doki

not sure about jacksonville......but we do have a state series check it out www.forgass.com bunch of guys on this forum race in florida all over including me...
Old 10-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
It sounds to me the reason the locals dont use the bars..could be because the track is bumpy there using lots of droop and need a lazy car just an observation..
Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

hmm... that could be one of the reasons since our tracks here is a little bumpy. i've tried using the swaybar and increased the front differential oil to 100k and dropped the rear differential oil to 10K. i still used 50wt on all shocks with using the blue springs up front and silver spring in the rear. seems that the car now is more tamed compared to before. the rear end is more planted with just a little more adjustment to make even more planted thanks for the helps guys. will post some updates. need to do more track time so as to fine tune the handling of the kit.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

not sure about jacksonville......but we do have a state series check it out www.forgass.com bunch of guys on this forum race in florida all over including me...
thanks for the info
Old 10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
bjc
Tech Regular

Hello All,

I have been searching trying to find a chart for gearing on the RRR that shows what gears go with what and the ratios that they make when combined.
Can anyone possibly point me to a chart or if possible PM or email it to me?
All or any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Brett
Old 10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Have a look on this file
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...rr_basic_e.pdf
I didn't understand everything that you said, but I hope this can help you
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
bjc
Tech Regular

Thats it.
The gear ratios is what I needed, Thanks Mate

Cheers
Old 10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

[QUOTE=kewdawg]
Originally Posted by 710baby
What-up, George!? How ya' been, Hommie?
Good until this weekend landed the flu & been layedup in bed sucks wanted to go practice this weekend but you how it is. How ya been Kew getting ready for the winter season. Kew when did you start getting all decked out with the avatars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.