Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Are you running the CRF? We don't have any guys running that down here, but seen a couple of guys in WA running them and both of them had some kind of problems with it. When it runs good, it's a fast motor though, also sounds awesome!

Dom
Myself and another racer are running the CRF at our track. Unfortunately, we're running different plugs (Hot/me=Medium), fuel (20%/me=30%), pipes(??/me=CRF&Sirio) and cars (RR Evo/me=RRR), so we can't really compare notes. We both agree that the engine is very sensitive to environmental changes. You have to be ready to change your settings at a moment's notice, depending on how it runs for the first minute on the starter box. If you set it wrong, you're screwed for the upcoming heat. Our experience has been, that it's definitely not your typical "set and forget" type engine. The engine is pretty fast alright, but not faster than the JPs running at our track. I can keep up with them, but I can't pass them.

I'm also running a TZ in the 2nd car, but I need to work on it a bit. Had some problems running it at the last race after replacing the front bearing and all the seals and gaskets. I'm going to be doing more troubleshooting this weekend. Might just be a hose issue.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Just as reference, this is what the bottom of the Kawahara sway blade looks like (sorry about the size, I'm not at home):

Rainer,

Ive got the Kyosho sway bar, the blades look nothing like the kawahara doesnt look like its going to work bud,,

Dom congatz on baby
Old 08-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Rainer,

Ive got the Kyosho sway bar, the blades look nothing like the kawahara doesnt look like its going to work bud,,
Thanks for saving me some money Robert!

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 09-01-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Dom, Congrat on your Newborn Baby.....

me still unable 100% concentrate on my R/C life ....
Old 09-01-2006, 03:41 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Thanks man! Wow, how did the news of the baby travel on rctech?!??

Hopefully that K part will work out for you. Haven't seen you on the board lately.... busy racing?

Man, life is changing quickly... I just traded in my Audi TT for a Jeep Grand Cherokee! Well, easier to haul r/c stuff anyway! All my plan to go to Nats and big races next year will have to take a backseat. Due date should be around April. But either way, my kid will be hell of a r/c driver! Planning on winning the 2022 Worlds!

Dom
Glad to hear about the baby... sorry to hear about the car.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
jag
Tech Master

Just as reference, this is what the bottom of the Kawahara sway blade looks like (sorry about the size, I'm not at home):

I have heard, from an unreliable source, that the Kawahara parts are available. Can you confirm?

I did notice that one of my blades is bent. It's not bad, but it is bent. I was able to adjust the vertical link to even it out so I think it will work fine... until I have to rotate them.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
I have heard, from an unreliable source, that the Kawahara parts are available. Can you confirm?
I'll check and let you know next week. If they've got extra or I have to special order anyway, I'll pick up a set of blades for you.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default blade

I'll check and let you know next week. If they've got extra or I have to special order anyway, I'll pick up a set of blades for you.
i have an extra blade this is KAWAHARA

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default v1rrr evo

finally got a chance to bring the kit to our local racetrack. tool some pictures before i ran the kit. hopefully it will perform well used a kyosh calsonic skyline display body i had lying around my room. for the wheels, i used hotwheels display rims. for the tires, i used the proline v-rage. these are only for display purposes. will be using a proline dodge stratus 3.1 body and have yet to decide on which tires to used

Old 09-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default v1rrr evo

more pictures of the kit before i ran it with the body shell removed

Old 09-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default v1rrr evo

here are pictures of the flywheel which sustained some scratches after breaking in the engine

Old 09-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Have a couple of questions !!

The rear shocks don't seem long enough to allow the rear suspension arms to rest on the droop screws. The arms are not even with the chassis yet. HAs anyone else had this problem ?

Where do you measure your droop setting from on this car ?

The adjustable rear swaybar hits the rear blocks when you lift the car up and doesn't allow the full suspension movement, any help here ?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

U talking about the RRR NON Evo ?

If so, then put different shock ball cups on, sounds like u need longer ones.

As for the anti roll bar, it will foul the camber links as standard.

You need to bend the roll bar each side so it clears.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just made some rear shock towers for the RRR for a couple friends. These are 4mm......Going to do some testing with them this coming weekend. Going to give them the Ft Myers steel wall test.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-image001.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-image002.jpg  
Old 09-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Just made some rear shock towers for the RRR for a couple friends. These are 4mm......Going to do some testing with them this coming weekend. Going to give them the Ft Myers steel wall test.
LOOKS GOOD CAN"T WAIT TO TRY IT BUT IM PLANNING OF STAYING AWEAY FROM THE WALLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.