Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

hey carkillalii: There was a post on the v1rr thread about someone having trouble when using a front diff and having rubbing issues. Are you using a front diff or oneway? As joehwee said though it wont be a problem other than you knowing it is rubbing. i think there is a small amount of latteral play on the front (diff)pulley assembly you could try and shim it away from the bellcrank a little bit.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

pic of my new RRR
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-v1rrr-4.jpg  
Old 09-29-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

next one
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-v1rrr-5.jpg  
Old 09-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

another one
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-v1rrr-6.jpg  
Old 09-29-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

another pic
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-v1rrr-7.jpg  
Old 09-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

last one
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-v1rrr-8.jpg  
Old 09-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

I am just building my RRR now and I have a question--what tension do you set the belts front and rear? I have it now at loose front and normal rear but the rear seems tight. I also wonder if the belt loosen considerably after awhile?

As to the FW05R issues rcosmax raised and Joehwee answered, I have another observation. I have 2 FW05R and race both almost weekly. I have noticed that I brought a lot of the problems on myself. For example, I changed the brake holder to the 3Racing alumnium one. That was a big mistake. The brake holder screws no longer stay in no matter how much thread lock or even CA I put inside and I always had brake problems. Worse yet, as the messed up brake makes the brake holder wobble, over time it will destory the bearings in the center gearbox. Once I changed it back to the stock plastic one I never had problem again.

I also changed the front bulkhead to the alumnium one. It doesn't break in a crash as the stock plastic might but at the same time it will bend and you may not notice it but the handling will deteriorate. Not know where the problem is you start messing with other settings which makes the car worse.

These are just a couple of examples (and there are many more), but I find the FW to be a terrific handler once I learn how to build and maintain the car properly.

I will have the RRR built this weekend and see how it compares.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jeffery: It's true the alum brake holder just don't seem to work, it will wobble after a while, the plastic one don't wobble and is lighter for the transmission.

I set the rear belt to loose and the belts seem to be very smooth after running it, but when compare to my 05R.... , but good enough.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Joehwee
Jeffery: It's true the alum brake holder just don't seem to work, it will wobble after a while, the plastic one don't wobble and is lighter for the transmission.

I set the rear belt to loose and the belts seem to be very smooth after running it, but when compare to my 05R.... , but good enough.
How about the front belt Joehwee? Loose as well? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

jeffery i set both my belts to normal and they seem to be fine!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
How about the front belt Joehwee? Loose as well? Thanks!
Hi Jeff,

Just like Team-RTR, I set the belt tension at Normal for both front and rear and it had just the right tension. Try to be mindful that the front and rear belts are almost identical (difference only of several teeth). When putting the car together, I initially put the front on the rear and vice versa which made the tension weird. But after sorting things out, it was all good.

Hope this helps..
Old 09-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Hi Jeff,

Just like Team-RTR, I set the belt tension at Normal for both front and rear and it had just the right tension. Try to be mindful that the front and rear belts are almost identical (difference only of several teeth). When putting the car together, I initially put the front on the rear and vice versa which made the tension weird. But after sorting things out, it was all good.

Hope this helps..
Thanks Ronni.

I looked at the front and there is only setting for loose or tight--what gives?!?!

I switched the rear to loose as normal was tight and seems to have lots of rolling resistance. I will check again after I run through a few tanks this weekend.

How big do you guys run the tires? On the FW it works best at around 57-58mm--how about the RRR? What kind of difference between front and rear do you run for, say a 20-30 minutes main?

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Thanks Ronni.

I looked at the front and there is only setting for loose or tight--what gives?!?!

I switched the rear to loose as normal was tight and seems to have lots of rolling resistance. I will check again after I run through a few tanks this weekend.

How big do you guys run the tires? On the FW it works best at around 57-58mm--how about the RRR? What kind of difference between front and rear do you run for, say a 20-30 minutes main?

Thanks again!
Hi Jeff,

For the front, I have the belt on the loose setting, sorry I wasn't too clear.

About the tires, I ran the car during the main at the RD Race at 61 mm rear and 58 mm front. I will confess that I have not touched the car to measure settings since Sunday but I will let you know how much wear it has after running it.

Are you running the car at Rev this weekend or are you racing the Regionals at Crystal Park?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Hi Jeff,

For the front, I have the belt on the loose setting, sorry I wasn't too clear.

About the tires, I ran the car during the main at the RD Race at 61 mm rear and 58 mm front. I will confess that I have not touched the car to measure settings since Sunday but I will let you know how much wear it has after running it.

Are you running the car at Rev this weekend or are you racing the Regionals at Crystal Park?
I am actually in Taiwan now and will be running the car at silverstone. I will be back to LA mid-october though and I might bring the car back with me.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the tip on the fw guys. maybe i made the problems
I had changed to an alloy brake holder and the wobble is the problem i am talking about. I guess it is a trickle down effect as when i changed back to plastic things (ie bearings and disk) must have been damaged and the wobble carried over.

As for the rrr belts I had set them to the loose setting on front and rear and they ran in nicely and now are smooth but not loose. Even on the loose setting they felt kind of tight initially but they do run in.

As for tires I start with a 62 59 split and that takes me through 30 minutes. It also depends on how i drive if i am really pushing and slide the car too much the rears take a beating. The car seems to like the smaller tires and I had gambled the last time out on some worn tires that finished at 55 55 and the car just seemed to get stronger...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.