Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dynamite
if you get the kyosho lightweight mainshaft be carefull because the 12mm collar your first gear hub sits on can lock onto the shaft, and thats a mega pain in the rear...
This 12mm collar wouldn't be the one-way bearing would it?

I could see a softer shaft burring and causing the one-way to seize, but I'd expect a Ti shaft wouldn't suffer.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Momentum

I could see a softer shaft burring and causing the one-way to seize, but I'd expect a Ti shaft wouldn't suffer.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
The Ti shaft might cause the one-way to seize faster. Ti doesnt disapate the temperature as fast as a steel shaft so the bearing has excessive heat build up. Its the heating and cooling process that causes the oneway to seize.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lexan..

hey all,

i recently bought Protoform Mazda6 lexan i have a question about the front window whole..

where do you usually make it, center, left, right and why?

also is it allowed to make whole in the rear window? here in some races it is allowed, but in the main championsionship it is not.

Also i am a bit confused on how to assembly the rear wing, the lexan has three mounts for the wing to be screwed on it, on the left and right one there are some arrowes on the lexan. On the center mount there are only points for the wholes to be made. what is the sense of the arrows?

antony
Old 05-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I usually cut the hole central between the tank and engine looking straight on. This makes it handier for refuelling while still letting the air directly at the engine.

You can cut the 2 front side windows out completely and the whole rear window.

Not sure about the arrows on the rear wing. didnt pay that much attetion to be honest. I normally just bolt down the 2 outer ones. Its only marginal but every extra screw adds weight and annoys the airflow
Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
You don't run those tires at 66mm do you.

Wait a minute... you aren't running that car off-road are you? Your track is paved or lava or something like that... right?
The New Arrrows tires measure out at 65 mm, front and rear - and I have been running those sized tires since race #2.

Dom & Mike: I know they are on the way, but is the diameter of the GQ tires??

The 66mm is something else...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

As to how big are they out of the box??? I have no idea, 65/66mm??? Mike, you know?

We true them down to 60/62 to start with the 23T pulley.

Dom
Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4
I'm using them but it's hard to say if they are a performance item. I haven't seen my lap times decrease when I put them in but they also haven't increased.
I think a lot of what we do is really not required to gain performance but is done more because we can. I said when I got this car I'd keep it standard but then I cheated on myself and now I can't stop. Is there professional help available for me like (r/c anonymous).
If you add parts one at a time, I don't think you'll notice an incremental gain. In my case, I'm going from pretty much stock to full-on Ultimate Edition + X in one crack - for which I expect to see a noticeable difference in handling, speed, tuneability and lap times.

If I don't improve my fastest lap times by 2-3 seconds after a few races, I'll be pissed.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-25-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
We true them down to 60/62 to start with the 23T pulley.
Dom
Really? I don't even own a tire truer.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

1) - any better/safe way to take out the pinion gear from the light weight clutch bell ?

2) - when fixing in the Oneway on the front bulk, i relised it slightly loss... common ?

cheers,
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Palmaris Europe
The Ti shaft might cause the one-way to seize faster. Ti doesnt disapate the temperature as fast as a steel shaft so the bearing has excessive heat build up. Its the heating and cooling process that causes the oneway to seize.
Would ceramic bearings help?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dynamite
if you get the kyosho lightweight mainshaft be carefull because the 12mm collar your first gear hub sits on can lock onto the shaft, and thats a mega pain in the rear... i have had it happen with both a genuine kyosho one first and then an east aftermarket shaft. no problems with the std steel shaft that comes with the kit. i think it might have something to do with the two dissimilar metals and if the screw isnt tight as holding the first gear and collar on the shaft spins inside the collar causing it the burr up.
Wow! Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-25-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Ti with steel or aluminum overtime will bond. When I work at a bike shop in college, we use anti-seize grease on all Ti stuff. Put a very light coat of that grease on before you put the collar on will prevent the bonding.

Dom
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Proteus
Yes. Same thing happened to me. What a pain in the a$$!
And me as well. It looks like it's a real problem.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:48 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Momentum

Cache Ya,
Craig.
The one way bearing rides on the steel collar not the shaft. On mine, the collar became attached to the shaft and that would cause the screw to back out and 1st gear to come off.

What I'm hoping will help is to remove the collar regularly for cleaning and lubing (maintenance).
Old 05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Ti with steel or aluminum overtime will bond. When I work at a bike shop in college, we use anti-seize grease on all Ti stuff. Put a very light coat of that grease on before you put the collar on will prevent the bonding.

Dom
Wow! More very important tips. It's a good thing this came up in discussion before I built my car. A little to late for jag, but better late than never.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.