Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

which offset tyres do you guys prefer to run front/rear ?????
Old 05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What does everyone use to grip shock bodies? When tightening shock caps, do you tighten to snug, snug then 1/4-1/2 turn, etc.? Does anyone have the shocks in stock (VZ075)?
Old 05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

hey rmd
i got the part number for the GQ tyres and their definately zero offset and i still can't get below 200mm.im still using vzw010 and the standard outdrives in the hubs not universals.i also got the 2mm spacer between the hub and the hex drive in the rear.
part number for tyres is mtcs42r

ive screwed in the pillow balls all the way in and its still 201mm in the rear and 200mm in the front.
i don't have the kit tyres that it came with
what is going on???
Old 05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
hey rmd
i got the part number for the GQ tyres and their definately zero offset and i still can't get below 200mm.im still using vzw010 and the standard outdrives in the hubs not universals.i also got the 2mm spacer between the hub and the hex drive in the rear.

ive screwed in the pillow balls all the way in and its still 201mm in the rear and 200mm in the front.
what is going on???
How are you judging track width? With Enneti tires (exact versions of the Power Tyres for the RRR) I got the car to about 199 front, lol, 198 rear.

Pull the spacer out of the rear hubs. Did these spacers come with your car? I didn't get them in my WCE.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by performula
What does everyone use to grip shock bodies? When tightening shock caps, do you tighten to snug, snug then 1/4-1/2 turn, etc.? Does anyone have the shocks in stock (VZ075)?
Do not overtighten. Just snug it down by hand and you should be good. Not snug, snug and then more...
Old 05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
hey rmd

what is going on???
Hmmmm...

This is the VZW010;
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/popup_...D=6548&picID=1 Why are you using the 2mm spacer? Is it because the wheel shaft hole for the hexes are too far out? That might be your problem. If you unscrew pivot balls 2mm do you see any threads? What happens when you put the stock hexes back on the car? Do you still need the 2mm spacer?
Old 05-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

How are you judging track width? With Enneti tires (exact versions of the Power Tyres for the RRR) I got the car to about 199 front, lol, 198 rear.

Pull the spacer out of the rear hubs. Did these spacers come with your car? I didn't get them in my WCE.
Those tires probably have a 0mm wheel offset. If you go to 200mm do your dogbones hang off of the edge of the outdrives? Check this post for your options: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...28#post2286128
Old 05-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Below is a picture of how my racing day ended today. Just a minute before the 2nd B Main after warm up laps.

Not quite sure how it happened. My best guess by looking at it now, is that the engine must have shifted when I ran over one of the road rails just before the start of the race. Not only did I not have a spare set, there just isn't enough time to change them before the 3rd and final main. Bummers!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-stripped-gears.jpg  
Old 05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Below is a picture of how my racing day ended today. Just a minute before the 2nd B Main after warm up laps.

Not quite sure how it happened. My best guess by looking at it now, is that the engine must have shifted when I ran over one of the road rails just before the start of the race. Not only did I not have a spare set, there just isn't enough time to change them before the 3rd and final main. Bummers!
I haven't seen both spurs strip at the same time before. Are you using the standard pinions.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Do not overtighten. Just snug it down by hand and you should be good. Not snug, snug and then more...
See, I did the hand snug method and they looked, or looked like they leaked. Now I went snug to about a 1/4 turn after...let me check the caps right now. They seem to be fine. The hand snug method had leaks.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RRR EVO PARTS LIST

G'day Buddy, you seem to be the Cheif of this Thread, I thought I saw a Copy of the Parts List Changes for the RRR to RRR EVO, any ideas where to find this.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Those tires probably have a 0mm wheel offset. If you go to 200mm do your dogbones hang off of the edge of the outdrives? Check this post for your options: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...28#post2286128
I haven't tried to unscrew them out, they aren't hanging off, but instead of the hexes, I am going to try 1mm washers on each side under the wheels. Did your kit come with these spacers?
Old 05-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have new/unscratched/unmarred shocks or shock bodies they want to sell?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't tried to unscrew them out, they aren't hanging off, but instead of the hexes, I am going to try 1mm washers on each side under the wheels. Did your kit come with these spacers?
I didn't take note if any spacers came with the kit. When I used the kit wheels, the trackwidth came out to 200mm as they were suppose to.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4
I haven't seen both spurs strip at the same time before.
Must be my lucky day.

Originally Posted by B4
Are you using the standard pinions.
Yes, I am using the standard pinions. Maybe something got lodged in between the gears and just ate them up. A few of the 2nd gear teeth are nicked (see attached picture) and quite a number of the 1st gear teeth have smaller nicks (not shown in picture, it's mostly the other side).

I didn't realize that my gears were stripped - just that my car wasn't moving. I tried revving the engine a few times, but nothing was happening. I heard an engine with a high-pitched whine, but didn't realize it was mine until the race directory said, "Rainer, that's not going to help you." Someone pulled the car off of the track and stopped the engine for me.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-pinion.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.