Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.parmapse.com/10219_sell.jpg

Guys I will be testing this body at Ft.myers at the end of the month....I will let you know how it goes
Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I purchased $108.00 worth of expensive rear 0mm offset wheels without knowing that the kit rear wheels had a +2mm offset - and raced with a 198mm track-width...
Originally Posted by tommi
It's 196mm...!
When I put it on the setup board, it read 198. Must have been the camber.

Kudos to rmdhawaii in taking the effort to compile all the info, an FAQ maybe?
Thanks. I've been thinking about creating a V1RRR Resource Web Site - Knowledge base, setup, links, optional parts, reviews / tests, FAQ, etc. It would make like easier for everyone - and you wouldn't have to sift through all these pages trying to find the information you are looking for, but it sure would take a lot of work. Plus I only own the WCE! Hmmmm...

You guys willing to help with the info? I would be willing to setup the site and maintain it.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
http://www.parmapse.com/10219_sell.jpg

Guys I will be testing this body at Ft.myers at the end of the month....I will let you know how it goes
Cool! Looking forward to the results!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks. I've been thinking about creating a V1RRR Resource Web Site - Knowledge base, setup, links, optional parts, reviews / tests, FAQ, etc. It would make like easier for everyone - and you wouldn't have to sift through all these pages trying to find the information you are looking for, but it sure would take a lot of work. Plus I only own the WCE! Hmmmm...

You guys willing to help with the info? I would be willing to setup the site and maintain it.

sounds like a great Idea I will give you as much info as possible thats no prob
Old 04-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by B4
Has anyone tried the new Serpent 710 shocks on the RRR.

Do they fit ?
I'm running the Serpent RCC shocks on my RRR... They don't leak and they're super smooth too... If you have the old Serpent shocks, stay with the Kyosho.. but if you just so happen to have the RCC shocks laying around... used them... Depending on track conditions.... I'm using the Serpent red springs in the Rear... Sanded all the red paint off though and Kyosho black springs in the front... Oh and I think someone asked about the K-Factory UFO clutch... I have one as well... It's a toss up between the stock clutch and UFO... Both work great... You can use the kyosho clutch gears on the K-Factory clutch bell or use the K-Factory ones... There gears are more durable

RC_Alan
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I'm running the Serpent RCC shocks on my RRR... They don't leak and they're super smooth too... If you have the old Serpent shocks, stay with the Kyosho.. but if you just so happen to have the RCC shocks laying around... used them... Depending on track conditions.... I'm using the Serpent red springs in the Rear... Sanded all the red paint off though and Kyosho black springs in the front... Oh and I think someone asked about the K-Factory UFO clutch... I have one as well... It's a toss up between the stock clutch and UFO... Both work great... You can use the kyosho clutch gears on the K-Factory clutch bell or use the K-Factory ones... There gears are more durable

RC_Alan
Just a little info on leaking kyosho shocks.....if they do leak chances are you have tightened them down to far and damaged the bladders...I have corrected that problem with my shocks...I used to crank them down......but you dont have too once they are snug they will not leak...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

I've been thinking about creating a V1RRR Resource Web Site - Knowledge base, setup, links, optional parts, reviews / tests, FAQ, etc. It would make like easier for everyone - and you wouldn't have to sift through all these pages trying to find the information you are looking for, but it sure would take a lot of work. Plus I only own the WCE! Hmmmm...

Yessss....!! finally what i been waiting for
Old 04-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had that same shock problem on my kyosho offroad car I sanded the top of the shock body with fine sandpaper and then I could tighten them up without damaging the bladders.

I have been reading all this offset stuff and I remember when the mtx3 came out I got one and we had this same problem.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

replacing the shock cap on my leaky shock fixed my leak problem
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Just a little info on leaking kyosho shocks.....if they do leak chances are you have tightened them down to far and damaged the bladders...I have corrected that problem with my shocks...I used to crank them down......but you dont have too once they are snug they will not leak...
I've been using the RCC shocks since day one... Never had a problem with them... I should have said a few of the other guys running the RRR were having the leaking shock problem with there kyosho shocks... Nothing to hard that they couldn't fix... For the cost of the RCC shocks though... They better not leak... ever...

RC_Alan
Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
Hey Tommi.... beri Chim leh...

catch no balls....
"Chim" huh......reading back my posts, me too catch no balls... Any plan to come for the postponed LRP Nitro Masters end of May?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maskedrider
I'm using the Fantom rear springs on our Front and the Rear and using 50 shock oil for both... result : veri stiff and it handles well especially on width track and long stright
Fantom rear reds on both front and rear ends?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
The Serpent wheels are 0 offset.
Ooops ok, thanks, me bad...never know that Serpent makes 0 offset wheels fof the Jacos...

Originally Posted by jag
If the shim is good enough for Josh, it's good enough for me.
Hah...that mindtrick works...!!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

...you've got dynamic camber links!!

In any areas that I can provide info with, I will contribute.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Is there a successor in sight for the RRR? I'm really tossed up between these two cars (MTX4), but I always tend to come on the later span of a car's lifespan. The CE is cheaper than the 4 by $25-50. I cannot get parts locally for either car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.