Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Robert, when you say roll center opposite to stock, what do you mean? And, did you set my car up that way?
Josh
Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

What made you put on the ufo clutch I tested it when it was first released & was not impressed with it the spring is way to soft & there was a loss in midrange when spooling up.
George did you use any other spring other than the red one?? I know we told you we used the orange one which is harder.
One of the benefits of the Kyosho K Factory UFO is it comes with a hard annodized alumunium clutch bell that bites consistant and does not wear or glaze. it weighs literally nothing and it comes with hardened pinions installed on it. How much of an improvment is it? (some) but if your looking for reduction in rotating weight its a pretty good reduction in the right place. Rotating weight reduction is 4 times as important as car weight reduction when it comes to acceleration. The bell removes 10 grams off the crank which equates to the same performance improvement as reducing 40 grams of weight off the car. If your going to reduce the weight of the car you start with rotating first and mass of the car last

On the G4 UFO the alumunium bell and pinions are extra. Just the reduction in rotating mass with the bell is an acceleration improvement.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman2
George did you use any other spring other than the red one?? I know we told you we used the orange one which is harder.
One of the benefits of the Kyosho K Factory UFO is it comes with a hard annodized alumunium clutch bell that bites consistant and does not wear or glaze. it weighs literally nothing and it comes with hardened pinions installed on it. How much of an improvment is it? (some) but if your looking for reduction in rotating weight its a pretty good reduction in the right place. Rotating weight reduction is 4 times as important as car weight reduction when it comes to acceleration. The bell removes 10 grams off the crank which equates to the same performance improvement as reducing 40 grams of weight off the car. If your going to reduce the weight of the car you start with rotating first and mass of the car last

On the G4 UFO the alumunium bell and pinions are extra. Just the reduction in rotating mass with the bell is an acceleration improvement.
I went from red to orange & then used the Mugen spring for it to come to life .
I just wanted to hear his response cause on different motors it will take some tweaking to get it to perform at the highest level as for weight on the kyosho it comes right at the legal limit depending on servos. but when running modified motors & using the the UFO clucth there will be a need for gearing change since runtime will be a issue
Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by B4
Anyone tried this part yet VZ207. I have mine on the way from Japan.
I have mine's coming this weekend
? High bite track in my previous car I ran 30,000 in my diff & solid spool has anyone tried this on the RRR
Old 02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ky-JOSH-o
Hey Robert, when you say roll center opposite to stock, what do you mean? And, did you set my car up that way?
Josh

your car has the roll centers stock josh. what I did in ft myers was flip the rear rollcenters......there are four positions top, upper,lower and bottom...I set your to upper which is stock ....in ftmyers I had them at lower......I hope you understand this explanation

Hope to see you soon take care
Old 02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 710baby
I have mine's coming this weekend
? High bite track in my previous car I ran 30,000 in my diff & solid spool has anyone tried this on the RRR

High bite youll probrably be able to run 50000 try ut the car is very good with it........ran 50000 with one-ways at ft myers and was good ......I should have tried a little heavier.....
Old 02-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
High bite youll probrably be able to run 50000 try ut the car is very good with it........ran 50000 with one-ways at ft myers and was good ......I should have tried a little heavier.....
Thanks robert I saw you car it looked good but the ? is with a spool I tested it in a mongoose @ the GLC it felt really good just don't know how it would feel on the RRR since I really don't have time to test it before the next race
Old 02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks robert I saw you car it looked good but the ? is with a spool I tested it in a mongoose @ the GLC it felt really good just don't know how it would feel on the RRR since I really don't have time to test it before the next race
Should give you basically the same feel as it did with the monggose......4 wheel braking and good on power, you most likely will suffer some off power steering.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Should give you basically the same feel as it did with the monggose......4 wheel braking and good on power, you most likely will suffer some off power steering.
Yeah I know what you mean on the off power steering what i did was offset the caster clips & it gave me great entry&exit I just don't want to tinker with the RRR to much since I really enjoy the car overall
Old 02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I know what you mean on the off power steering what i did was offset the caster clips & it gave me great entry&exit I just don't want to tinker with the RRR to much since I really enjoy the car overall

Good Idea with the clips.......
Old 02-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To whom it will be interested-on Winternats we were using 24 T pinion for second speed and it makes a lot of difference on top speed.
Edward
Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I was wondering if I can use lola body for my v one rrr.

If so, What parts do I need to fix it ?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdwardN
To whom it will be interested-on Winternats we were using 24 T pinion for second speed and it makes a lot of difference on top speed.
Edward

Nice to know....I thought the highest was 23.......
Old 02-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Secret_weapon
Hi,

I was wondering if I can use lola body for my v one rrr.

If so, What parts do I need to fix it ?
Hopefully if i,m correct any 200mm & 235mm body should fit with no problem, it is just a shell think of it that way,
Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Hopefully if i,m correct any 200mm & 235mm body should fit with no problem, it is just a shell think of it that way,

wouldn'y you need to change the bumper or something??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.