Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
has anyone boke the bearings that sit at the front of the clutch bell between the clutch shims ? im talking about the thin exposed bearing right at the front.

ive manages to break 2 already.. i used to run the beraing dry but yesterday i was advised to run them with a drop of oil so ill see how it goes now
Hey John,
Yes the thrust bearing definitely needs lubricating. I give mine a clean after each race meet, then use a good quality bearing oil ....Ive had good results from Trinity Royal Oil and also theres a bearing oil that Ric Bart` sells that I`ve found very good also....the Mugen Super Grease is supposed to be very good too but i havent tried this yet.
While you do the lube on the thrust bearing, also give the front and rear clutch bearings a good clean and lube as well.....this`ll really help extend their life.....one thing to watch for on these bearings is sometimes the shields will work loose and get into the thrust bearing.......lets just say metal shields and thrust bearings dont mix
Cheers Andy
PS if youre at the next EC meet come and see me and you can use some of Rics bearing lube
Old 01-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustRace
Mark...poor Robert is torn between the RRR and a MTX4 But check the email I sent you. The Florida boys will be ready

Bro Francis, you are cruel man!!! Let Robert have a go of the RRR, too
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Francine is referring to the fact that I have used the RRR in a State race in Dec. I then tried the Mtx4 in another state race in january. Same track Ft.Myers. Both cars Felt good, But I am leaning towards the RRR.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustRace
The fast guys are running the 710

ciaoooo!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Francine is referring to the fact that I have used the RRR in a State race in Dec. I then tried the Mtx4 in another state race in january. Same track Ft.Myers. Both cars Felt good, But I am leaning towards the RRR.
How was your impression of the MTX-4 in comparion to the RRR, Robert?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:41 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a editable PDF blank setup sheet they could post here please.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a editable PDF blank setup sheet they could post here please.
you can donwload that at Kyosho's website
Old 01-30-2006, 06:14 AM
jag
Tech Master

Default Wiring

Can someone post a pic of how they wired their car. Mine is just about finished except for the wiring. Do you guys run the wires up between the tank and the top plate or around the end near the clutch?

I am using a Futaba PCM receiver and 9451 servos. If anybody has a good way to wire it up let me know.

Thanks,
jag
Old 01-30-2006, 06:18 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markp27
How was your impression of the MTX-4 in comparion to the RRR, Robert?

Cheers, Mark.
He would probably like to take the engine out of the MTX-4 and put it in the RRR ... that RB was fast!

Robert, are you coming up to Royal Palm on Wednesday? You can help me setup my RRR. Bring Wayne and Tino with you.

jag
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Good question Jag, I need to know the same!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jag and Osiris, I run my wires between the tank and servo under the top deck back to the clutch end. I just zip-tied the wires together and stuck the wires between the servo and top deck. I thought I might get some glitching, but not yet. I'll try to get some photos when my girlfriend gives back my camera.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default red clutch shoe

hey guys
does anyone here use the red clutch shoe ?

when should it be used ?
thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Jag and Osiris, I run my wires between the tank and servo under the top deck back to the clutch end. I just zip-tied the wires together and stuck the wires between the servo and top deck. I thought I might get some glitching, but not yet. I'll try to get some photos when my girlfriend gives back my camera.
Do you have your receiver mounted so the plugs are below the protective cover? Do you use a switch?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Just got my RRR WC yesterday two days later than I plan, can't wait to get home from work to start building my first Kyosho kit this evening also if any RRR owners have any suggestion on building this kit to better the car is appreicated Thanks in advance.

Ivan
Old 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Just got my RRR WC yesterday two days later than I plan, can't wait to get home from work to start building my first Kyosho kit this evening also if any RRR owners have any suggestion on building this kit to better the car is appreicated Thanks in advance.

Ivan
Don't rush.

The areas I spent the most time on are the wiring, the servos and the steering linkage. You will need servo arms as they don't come with the kit. I got some 20mm alum. arms (18-20mm recommended) and they work great but don't fit real good. I actually rotated the arm forward 1 tooth so it didn't hit the tank and I trimmed the front of top deck to clear the linkage. I am able to get maximum throw with my radio trimmed down to around 75%-85%. If you are using Futaba servos (9451) use the thick (2mm) spacer and I also put a washer between the arm and the hub to move the arm further away from the top deck. I trimmed the steering servo mount and top deck to allow the wiring to fit easier. I hope to finish my car tonight. I just have to mount my battery, finish my clutch, trim the front bumper and mount the body. The things I didn't like were the way the rear sway bar mounts and I cannot get the receiver wire thru the antenna. Other than that, it's a pretty good kit.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Good luck and have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.