Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommi
Hi guys, I had a chance to run my RRR for the very first time yesterday, but the results ain’t that good, which I believe was due to the settings. Need some enlightenments…

1) I run the car on a very technical cement carpark track, and I found the car very loose at the rear off-power. A slightly more input on the steering will cause the rear to break out, and the car felt very nervous (talking about off-power). Was running one-way, 4k rear diff oil, tried position 3 and 4 for the rear shocks (no help), long black spring up front and long gold spring on the rear, both ends with antiroll bar with the front set at “—“. I'm using foams, tyres are of no issue as I'm using the right shore for the track. Any recommendations to rectify the problem?

2) When should I be using thick/thin diff oil? And their effects? What are the recommended diff oil to experiment/stock up? I was thinking of getting 5k, 10k, 20, and 30k.

3) I found that (by feeling… ) the SHORT BLACK spring is STIFFER than the LONG GOLD spring, hence the use of the long gold spring at the rear for my setup. Is the shorter black really stiffer than the long gold just to make sure?

4) Question on radio…I got to know that we can’t use analog servos on 3PK with HRS. How about the Helios HSR? I’ve seen people using analog servos on MARS R with Super High Speed Response system…but is it ok to use the analog servos with the Helios HSR?

Thanks in advance!
This is what happens when you lose the shaft. try harder diff oil in the rear,make sure the droop in equal on both sides and the car is balance in terms of weight on both sides. You also have to make sure that the brakes do not lock up the rear even during full braking. You cannot set the same amount of brakes with 2 diff.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ei Spawney buddy, how're things down under? Didn't expect any "Atrians" to lurk in here, been keeping the switch low profile... Inherited this baby from "cow buster"... Great build, but as I guess from the start of owning this car, it's gonna be a "start from zero" kinda thing for me.

Thanks for the tips darkangel and spawn. I'm still not sure...how does thick/thin rear diff oil affects the handling of the car on one-way, off-power and on-power? Anyone care to clear the myth on the Kyosho' spring rates that I mentioned before?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hello

hey guys,

just got myself a V-one RRR... been using v-oneR for years... this car is so good... it handles very well and its so easy to set-up.. i love this car...

anyway, i heard from some other forum that Kyosho is further developing the RRR and might be releasing a later version of the RRR. DOn't know when.. don't know what changes they have in store.... The car is already very very good in itself but what do you guys think kyosho needs to improve or add to the RRR? i'd say the rear shock towers should be reinforced... dunno what else needs to be improved.. what do you guys think?

Fritz
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
It is FM337
That is the part # listed in the WC manual, so I guess they updated the parts on the new car.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tips darkangel and spawn. I'm still not sure...how does thick/thin rear diff oil affects the handling of the car on one-way, off-power and on-power?
Light diff oil gives you quicker turn in off power and less steering on power but more stability. Thicker diff oil is the opposite. The stock setup of 30k works best in most cases unless you run on a track with very little traction. In that case you might want to go lighter.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Ei Spawney buddy, how're things down under? Didn't expect any "Atrians" to lurk in here, been keeping the switch low profile... Inherited this baby from "cow buster"... Great build, but as I guess from the start of owning this car, it's gonna be a "start from zero" kinda thing for me.

Thanks for the tips darkangel and spawn. I'm still not sure...how does thick/thin rear diff oil affects the handling of the car on one-way, off-power and on-power? Anyone care to clear the myth on the Kyosho' spring rates that I mentioned before?
Yo tommi!!!, using heavier diff oil is the same effect as tightening the ball diff. When using one-way you want to have thicker diff oil. Some of the pro racers who came over from overseas to race in Titi were using 30k diff oil in the rear. It will reduce the possibility of spinning during hard braking. Try it.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey spawn

we hve a state race this weekend ,in FORT MEYERS FLA. this track has very high traction we run 50,000 in the rear with a oneway .
Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Light diff oil gives you quicker turn in off power and less steering on power but more stability. Thicker diff oil is the opposite. The stock setup of 30k works best in most cases unless you run on a track with very little traction. In that case you might want to go lighter.
Thanks jeffreylin. I was running 4k diff oil last weekend, on a track of farily low traction, the car was simply oversteering everywhere. It could just be the spring combination I used, having long black up front and long gold at the rear. Is it advisable to run stiffer spring up front when running a one-way? Previously I was running the NTC3 with harder springs and tire shore at the back with great performance and handling.

Ok...I know I've asked this quite a number of times.....but seems like it did not get answered, or no one actually knows the answer? Is the SHORT BLACK spring STIFFER than the LONG GOLD spring??
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks jeffreylin. I was running 4k diff oil last weekend, on a track of farily low traction, the car was simply oversteering everywhere. It could just be the spring combination I used, having long black up front and long gold at the rear. Is it advisable to run stiffer spring up front when running a one-way? Previously I was running the NTC3 with harder springs and tire shore at the back with great performance and handling.

Ok...I know I've asked this quite a number of times.....but seems like it did not get answered, or no one actually knows the answer? Is the SHORT BLACK spring STIFFER than the LONG GOLD spring??
Yes, it is stiffer than the long gold. The fewer the number of active coils, the siffer the spring.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spawn
Yo tommi!!!, using heavier diff oil is the same effect as tightening the ball diff. When using one-way you want to have thicker diff oil. Some of the pro racers who came over from overseas to race in Titi were using 30k diff oil in the rear. It will reduce the possibility of spinning during hard braking. Try it.
Thanks, will get down to experiment soon. Actually that's what I thought so, one-way coupled with thicker diff oil. But Sydney, being quite a good racer himself, was using the setting I mentioned before, so I guess I may give that a try...but things didn't quite turn out the way it should be. Guess it's better for me to work from the stock settings...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, will get down to experiment soon. Actually that's what I thought so, one-way coupled with thicker diff oil. But Sydney, being quite a good racer himself, was using the setting I mentioned before, so I guess I may give that a try...but things didn't quite turn out the way it should be. Guess it's better for me to work from the stock settings...
In the first place, if the track has very low traction, you should not be driving with 1 way.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fritzD
hey guys,

just got myself a V-one RRR... been using v-oneR for years... this car is so good... it handles very well and its so easy to set-up.. i love this car...

anyway, i heard from some other forum that Kyosho is further developing the RRR and might be releasing a later version of the RRR. DOn't know when.. don't know what changes they have in store.... The car is already very very good in itself but what do you guys think kyosho needs to improve or add to the RRR? i'd say the rear shock towers should be reinforced... dunno what else needs to be improved.. what do you guys think?

Fritz
hey another fritz that drives a k car. cool
Old 12-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
Only if your a donkey.

Ive never had a problem with the switch on my v1RRR, and find it MUCH better than pulling a connector in and out all the time.

I can post some pics of the wiring job if people would like to see, turns out much neater with the switch.
Thanks for the tip big boy....

Clearly we can all see your a racer with a wealth of experience and have never experienced the mighty runaway after a crash when the switch has turned off. I guess maybe you dont crash, so its not a problem or have plenty of money because usually it takes the engine as well just to make sure you rememeber the experience. Gas racings a harsh environment as well, switches fail from time to time.

Good luck with your switch, make sure you let us all know when you experience the mighty runaway.

Attached is a pic of what i meant when i said to plug in direct to the reciever.

Regards

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-connection.jpg  
Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Bobby,

How you doing?

Guess which car I'm running now

Cheers, Mark.

Originally Posted by impalabob64
we hve a state race this weekend ,in FORT MEYERS FLA. this track has very high traction we run 50,000 in the rear with a oneway .
Old 12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spawn
In the first place, if the track has very low traction, you should not be driving with 1 way.
So I guess your advice will be..."Don't bother trying out one-way at Monacoria Speedway?"

Racing4Evo, thanks heaps for the clarification!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.